Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, I guess the rule on letting it play out depends on which officiating crew you get. Browns apparently got the wrong one.
    I believe Cleveland made a big mistake not starting Mayfield from day 1. But, I guess that's why Hue is gone

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Steelers hearts are broken!!!
    They can still get in if IND/TEN tie. Unlikely,but who knows?!

Ok gang....predictions???

Ha ha...not even sure I want to venture in that direction. I'm hoping The Saints make it to the SB, but they have to look sharper (other than yesterday's non event). And The Rams could be there too, even though they need a healthy Gurley over a good playing CJ. But Goff still seems to be missing Kupp.

But now we have an interesting showdown this weekend....Philly and Foles go to Chicago. I would not bet against Foles, as long as the ribs are good. And if Philly's run D shows up, it could be a close one.

I am looking forward to seeing Seattle at Dallas. Not a fan of either. One goes down, the other could be a factor, but not overly impressed with their chances.

Well I think you know how I feel about The pats...so I'll skip them. But they are still in it. But it will come down to how well KC's D can actually play. If they come up tough, they win. I believe in Mahomes. I can see him rising to the occasion, not hiding from it. Meanwhile The Chargers seem to have lost a step. Rivers has lost his edge. Not too late for them, because they do have a solid D.

Baltimore and could upset the applecart. Both QBs are playing well, and both teams have solid Olines, and decent Ds at this point. The Chargers better not lose twice to Baltimore. They will need to be playing at full throttle. And Indy can take Houston.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-31-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Go Eagles!!!

I'll go:

SD over BAL
    CHI over PHI
    DAL over SEA
    IND over HOU

The only one I feel really good about is Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Ok gang....predictions???

Ha ha...not even sure I want to venture in that direction. I'm hoping The Saints make it to the SB, but they have to look sharper (other than yesterday's non event). And The Rams could be there too, even though they need a healthy Gurley over a good playing CJ. But Goff still seems to be missing Kupp.

But now we have an interesting showdown this weekend....Philly and Foles go to Chicago. I would not bet against Foles, as long as the ribs are good. And if Philly's run D shows up, it could be a close one.

I am looking forward to seeing Seattle at Dallas. Not a fan of either. One goes down, the other could be a factor, but not overly impressed with their chances.

Well I think you know how I feel about The pats...so I'll skip them. But they are still in it. But it will come down to how well KC's D can actually play. If they come up tough, they win. I believe in Mahomes. I can see him rising to the occasion, not hiding from it. Meanwhile The Chargers seem to have lost a step. Rivers has lost his edge. Not too late for them, because they do have a solid D.

Baltimore and could upset the applecart. Both QBs are playing well, and both teams have solid Olines, and decent Ds at this point. The Chargers better not lose twice to Baltimore. They will need to be playing at full throttle. And Indy can take Houston.

What are your thoughts?
    Chicago all the way...…...but I am biased.

I'll go:

SD over BAL
    CHI over PHI
    DAL over SEA
    IND over HOU

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Chicago all the way...…...but I am biased.
    Hey bears6385....seems like you have Spice on your side! But of course they are the fav. Trouble is, one can not quite predict how Foles will do. He can surprise.

You've got a great D, but I still believe you will need Trubisky and company to put points on the board. Not a gimme as you probably understand. Champs until dethroned!

I'll go:

SD over BAL
    CHI over PHI
    DAL over SEA
    IND over HOU

Iíll only change SEA over DAL.. otherwise you can lock it in.

I'm rooting for LAC over BAL and the defending SB champion underdogs (an unusual oxymoron) over CHI on Sun.

And ties and mutual annihilation for the Saturday teams would be preferable (i.e. I dislike and don't care about any of them).
    Last edited by L.M.; 01-04-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

One source I just read has all 4 games ending within 4 points. If that be true, one could easily guess wrong on all 4. Love tight matches (other than when my teams play!!)

I find this very interesting, in terms of playoff insights:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nf...ffs-2019-01-04

Giving quarterbacks big money doesn’t guarantee success or even playoff appearances.

The NFL’s six highest-paid quarterbacks in 2018 will be spectators this postseason. Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers ($33.5 million), Atlanta’s Matt Ryan ($30 million), Minnesota’s Kirk Cousins ($28 million), San Francisco’s Jimmy Garoppolo ($27.5 million), Detroit’s Matthew Stafford ($27 million) and Oakland’s Derek Carr ($25 million) couldn’t lead their teams to the playoffs.

Only Cousins had a winning record (8-7-1), and he failed in a do-or-die game in the regular-season finale. Cousins, who received a three-year, fully guaranteed, $84 million contract, struggled in a 24-10 loss to the Chicago Bears that eliminated the Vikings.

Of the top six on the salary list, only Rodgers has won a Super Bowl. Ryan is 4-6 in the playoffs, Stafford is 0-3 and Cousins is 0-1. Carr and Garoppolo haven’t made a postseason start.

Among the 12 starting quarterbacks still playing, six are still under their rookie contract and another — Nick Foles — is a backup.

Here’s a look at a few more numbers entering wild-card weekend:

SETTING RECORDS: New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees broke his own record with a 74.4 completion percentage, the highest in a season in NFL history. ... Philadelphia’s Zach Ertz set a record for most receptions by a tight end (116). ... San Francisco’s George Kittle set a record for most yards receiving by a tight end (1,377). ... Teams combined to score 1,371 total touchdowns, the highest total in a season. ... Eight quarterbacks had a passer rating of 100 or higher, most in a season.

LAST MAN STANDING: Philadelphia’s Doug Pederson is the only one of seven coaches hired in 2016 still with his team. Adam Gase (23-26, Miami), Chip Kelly (2-14, San Francisco), Hue Jackson (3-36-1, Cleveland), Mike Mularkey (19-17, Tennessee), Dirk Koetter (19-29, Tampa Bay) and Ben McAdoo (13-16, Giants) all were fired, some sooner than others.

WORST TO FIRST: The Bears (12-4) and Texans (11-5) won their divisions after finishing in last place in 2017. The Eagles won the Super Bowl last year after going worst-to-first in the NFC East.

THE NEWCOMERS: Seven teams who weren’t in the playoffs last season qualified this year. All seven — Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, the Los Angeles Chargers and Seattle — will play this weekend. Since the 12-team playoff format was adopted in 1990, at least four teams have qualified for the playoffs in every season that were not in the postseason the previous year.

WILD-CARD CHAMPS: Nine teams who played wild-card games have won the Super Bowl, including the 1980 Raiders, 1997 Broncos, 2000 and 2012 Ravens, 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, 2007 and 2011 Giants and 2010 Packers.

TOUGHEST ROAD: The Eagles and Colts are each trying to become only the third No. 6 seed to win a Super Bowl, joining the 2005 Steelers and 2010 Packers.

EASIEST ROAD: Since 1975, 49 of the 86 teams (57 percent) to reach the Super Bowl were No. 1 seeds. In that span, 20 No. 2 seeds, four No. 3, nine No. 4, two No. 5 and two No. 6 made it. Over the past five years, nine of 10 No. 1 seeds played in the Super Bowl. Only the 2016 Cowboys didn’t get in.

WELCOME TO THE DANCE: Four quarterbacks will make their postseason debut as starters. Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson, Chicago’s Mitchell Trubisky and Houston’s Deshaun Watson play this weekend. Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes has a bye.

STINGY DEFENSE: In three of the past four seasons, the teams with the stringiest regular-season scoring defense have advanced to the Super Bowl. The Bears led the league with the fewest points allowed per game (17.7) this season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cool info! So...don't overpay your QB, or conversely, pay decent QB money but spread some around for other positions. And focus on D. And in my opinion, this year's champ will be a good scoring team, but with a D that shows up for the playoffs. Therefore KC is going to have to show some signs, otherwise all that O might be a second thought when it's over. The Saints can play some D, as can The Chargers. And if a team like Chicago can score some points, don't count them out just yet.

Hey, first and foremost, the defending champs have to be dethroned!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I find this very interesting, in terms of playoff insights:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nf...ffs-2019-01-04

Giving quarterbacks big money doesn’t guarantee success or even playoff appearances.

The NFL’s six highest-paid quarterbacks in 2018 will be spectators this postseason. Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers ($33.5 million), Atlanta’s Matt Ryan ($30 million), Minnesota’s Kirk Cousins ($28 million), San Francisco’s Jimmy Garoppolo ($27.5 million), Detroit’s Matthew Stafford ($27 million) and Oakland’s Derek Carr ($25 million) couldn’t lead their teams to the playoffs.

Only Cousins had a winning record (8-7-1), and he failed in a do-or-die game in the regular-season finale. Cousins, who received a three-year, fully guaranteed, $84 million contract, struggled in a 24-10 loss to the Chicago Bears that eliminated the Vikings.

Of the top six on the salary list, only Rodgers has won a Super Bowl. Ryan is 4-6 in the playoffs, Stafford is 0-3 and Cousins is 0-1. Carr and Garoppolo haven’t made a postseason start.

Among the 12 starting quarterbacks still playing, six are still under their rookie contract and another — Nick Foles — is a backup.

Here’s a look at a few more numbers entering wild-card weekend:

SETTING RECORDS: New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees broke his own record with a 74.4 completion percentage, the highest in a season in NFL history. ... Philadelphia’s Zach Ertz set a record for most receptions by a tight end (116). ... San Francisco’s George Kittle set a record for most yards receiving by a tight end (1,377). ... Teams combined to score 1,371 total touchdowns, the highest total in a season. ... Eight quarterbacks had a passer rating of 100 or higher, most in a season.

LAST MAN STANDING: Philadelphia’s Doug Pederson is the only one of seven coaches hired in 2016 still with his team. Adam Gase (23-26, Miami), Chip Kelly (2-14, San Francisco), Hue Jackson (3-36-1, Cleveland), Mike Mularkey (19-17, Tennessee), Dirk Koetter (19-29, Tampa Bay) and Ben McAdoo (13-16, Giants) all were fired, some sooner than others.

WORST TO FIRST: The Bears (12-4) and Texans (11-5) won their divisions after finishing in last place in 2017. The Eagles won the Super Bowl last year after going worst-to-first in the NFC East.

THE NEWCOMERS: Seven teams who weren’t in the playoffs last season qualified this year. All seven — Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, the Los Angeles Chargers and Seattle — will play this weekend. Since the 12-team playoff format was adopted in 1990, at least four teams have qualified for the playoffs in every season that were not in the postseason the previous year.

WILD-CARD CHAMPS: Nine teams who played wild-card games have won the Super Bowl, including the 1980 Raiders, 1997 Broncos, 2000 and 2012 Ravens, 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, 2007 and 2011 Giants and 2010 Packers.

TOUGHEST ROAD: The Eagles and Colts are each trying to become only the third No. 6 seed to win a Super Bowl, joining the 2005 Steelers and 2010 Packers.

EASIEST ROAD: Since 1975, 49 of the 86 teams (57 percent) to reach the Super Bowl were No. 1 seeds. In that span, 20 No. 2 seeds, four No. 3, nine No. 4, two No. 5 and two No. 6 made it. Over the past five years, nine of 10 No. 1 seeds played in the Super Bowl. Only the 2016 Cowboys didn’t get in.

WELCOME TO THE DANCE: Four quarterbacks will make their postseason debut as starters. Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson, Chicago’s Mitchell Trubisky and Houston’s Deshaun Watson play this weekend. Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes has a bye.

STINGY DEFENSE: In three of the past four seasons, the teams with the stringiest regular-season scoring defense have advanced to the Super Bowl. The Bears led the league with the fewest points allowed per game (17.7) this season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cool info! So...don't overpay your QB, or conversely, pay decent QB money but spread some around for other positions. And focus on D. And in my opinion, this year's champ will be a good scoring team, but with a D that shows up for the playoffs. Therefore KC is going to have to show some signs, otherwise all that O might be a second thought when it's over. The Saints can play some D, as can The Chargers. And if a team like Chicago can score some points, don't count them out just yet.

Hey, first and foremost, the defending champs have to be dethroned!
    Great stuff Can.

Letís go Colts! I think they have a better chance of beating NE. lol

And just like that. TD Colts!

It's crazy that I'm literally across the street from the NRG stadium with the Texans. Crowded like crazy here in Houston
    Superbowl 50 Champions!