Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 560
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Probably the team with the better record, LA but since the NFL is ran by goodell they put division leads before records.

    It’s always set up fir the Pansy asses
    The chargers were 2-2 against playoff teams. Besides, now you are saying the team with the better record should get the higher seed. Wouldn't that cut against your argument that the Pats have a good record every year because they play in an easy division? Now you are saying the team with the better record should get the higher seed? Which is it?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,758
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The Pats are 4-0 against playoff teams and 8-0 at home. Who else deserves the second bye in the AFC?
    They had a brilliant last 4 games, losing to Miami and then The Disgruntled Steelers, before closing it off against the mighty Bills and Jets. Not an impressive way to sneak into a bye situation.

    But yah, they do play in the most competitive division of all time....you know, the one with 2 rookie QBs and the other one with "who knows who will start next"?
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-01-2019 at 05:21 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Probably the team with the better record, LA but since the NFL is ran by goodell they put division leads before records.

    It’s always set up fir the Pansy asses
    Exactly....I think the team with the better record should get the bye.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Exactly....I think the team with the better record should get the bye.
    The whole purpose behind having the division winner get one of the top 4 seeds is to reward teams that play in tough divisions...so an average record like 8-8 or 9-7 allows you to have a home playoff game if you still win the division.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-01-2019 at 05:35 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,829
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The chargers were 2-2 against playoff teams. Besides, now you are saying the team with the better record should get the higher seed. Wouldn't that cut against your argument that the Pats have a good record every year because they play in an easy division? Now you are saying the team with the better record should get the higher seed? Which is it?
    i personally don't agree that the better record should get the higher seed. this isn't the first time a team with 12 wins was a 5 seed. i recall the titans winning 13 games and still being the 5th seed. i know it's happened to the broncos too, in 1997 i believe.

    it is what it is. and being 2-2 against playoff teams has nothing to do with it. the chargers traveled more miles on the road than anyone, they didn't play a home game for over a month at one time and won all those games. they are literally the only Team in the NFL that plays 16 games in front of hostile crowds and they went 12-4.....they are undefeated outside of the state of California,

    the chargers are road warriors.

    this is why i'm not that concerned about them going on the road in the playoffs and i do believe if they get past the ravens they have a pretty good shot and going all the way because i think the ravens are their biggest threat right now.
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-01-2019 at 08:13 PM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,829
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The whole purpose behind having the division winner get one of the top 4 seeds is to reward teams that play in tough divisions...so an average record like 8-8 or 9-7 allows you to have a home playoff game if you still win the division.
    that makes no sense, not all divisions are tough. the purpose of giving the division winners the top 4 seeds is to reward them for being the best team in their division.

    these situations come up almost every year and people complain about it every time like it's a problem. i'm pretty sure all teams have been on both sides of the spectrum before. i remember the chargers won their division and hosted a playoff game with an 8-8 record back in 2008.....that same year the patriots won 11 games and missed the playoffs entirely


    Welcome Back! #85

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    that makes no sense, not all divisions are tough. the purpose of giving the division winners the top 4 seeds is to reward them for being the best team in their division.
    That’s what i said.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,406
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The chargers were 2-2 against playoff teams. Besides, now you are saying the team with the better record should get the higher seed. Wouldn't that cut against your argument that the Pats have a good record every year because they play in an easy division? Now you are saying the team with the better record should get the higher seed? Which is it?
    Very weak argument but I’ll humor ya.

    The Pansies play in a very weak division yet they still could not muster up a better record than a team with shriveled old QB under a second year coach playing a bingo hall!

    Good thing for them they cheated all those years otherwise they wouldn’t had dominated that weak ass division consisting of the legendary Bills and their over achieving suckage.

    The Jets with their many playoff appearances, in 1998 and 1970!

    Oh don’t forget the dolphins who haven’t had a QB since dan Marino!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,406
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i personally don't agree that the better record should get the higher seed. this isn't the first time a team with 12 wins was a 5 seed. i recall the titans winning 13 games and still being the 5th seed. i know it's happened to the broncos too, in 1997 i believe.

    it is what it is. and being 2-2 against playoff teams has nothing to do with it. the chargers traveled more miles on the road than anyone, they didn't play a home game for over a month at one time and won all those games. they are literally the only Team in the NFL that plays 16 games in front of hostile crowds and they went 12-4.....they are undefeated outside of the state of California,

    the chargers are road warriors.

    this is why i'm not that concerned about them going on the road in the playoffs and i do believe if they get past the ravens they have a pretty good shot and going all the way because i think the ravens are their biggest threat right now.
    I’d like to say that the ravens would beat the pansies especially when the pansies have to stop a top running game and a very mobile
    QB however just as we saw Dak Prescott choke a few years ago we’ll most likely see Jackson do the same.

    I’d actually like to see the match up between the “road warriors” and the pansies just to see if they can survive Gillette. However I’m not so sure that they can especially if the pansies find a way to cheat, which I’m pretty sure they will!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    KC isn't going to the SB, not with that defense.

    my non homer prediction is saints vs pats
    So you admit the Chargers are not good enough.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    345
    I would rather the Chiefs face the Chargers than the Ravens. In fact....I hope the Chiefs get the Colts and then either the Charges or the Pats should they beat the Colts.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1963 View Post
    I have a feeling Indy gets through Houston, loses in NE, then KC goes to the SB from the AFC. If not KC, it will be Baltimore.
    NFC: I think it will come down to LA or Saints.
    My pick is NO winning the SB.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Impossible. If Indy beats Houston, they play KC, not NE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Baltimore most likely beats LA and then it’s off to the cheatriots! You should be more concerned with that than correcting broncos1963.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    If Houston wins, NE plays them.

    This is kinda funny.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Very weak argument but I’ll humor ya.

    The Pansies play in a very weak division yet they still could not muster up a better record than a team with shriveled old QB under a second year coach playing a bingo hall!

    Good thing for them they cheated all those years otherwise they wouldn’t had dominated that weak ass division consisting of the legendary Bills and their over achieving suckage.

    The Jets with their many playoff appearances, in 1998 and 1970!

    Oh don’t forget the dolphins who haven’t had a QB since dan Marino!
    So why couldn’t Denver do better in a division with a “shriveled old QB under a second year coach playing a bingo hall”?

    And you still haven’t addressed my argument. If the Pats’ record due to playing in an easier division is inflated, why is it that the team with the better record should get a top seed? You are arguing both sides.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,829
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    So you admit the Chargers are not good enough.
    i think they are good enough but i don't think it's the likely scenario. i think if the chargers get by the ravens, you all are in big trouble. the ravens to me pose the biggest threat and are the worst match up for the chargers.

    with the chargers depleted front 7, any team that is good running the football and has a good defense will pose a big threat to us. i would much rather play the chiefs or the pats right now, especially the chiefs. no team has contained the chiefs offense like the chargers have and their defense is swiss cheese.


    Welcome Back! #85

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,829
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    I would rather the Chiefs face the Chargers than the Ravens. In fact....I hope the Chiefs get the Colts and then either the Charges or the Pats should they beat the Colts.
    of course, i think most people feel that way about the ravens. however, the chargers have figured out how to slow down mahomes and the chiefs don't have the defense to do what the ravens and the broncos defense have done the last two weeks.

    i would love to see the chiefs again in the playoffs.


    Welcome Back! #85

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •