Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 560
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’d like to say that the ravens would beat the pansies especially when the pansies have to stop a top running game and a very mobile
    QB however just as we saw Dak Prescott choke a few years ago we’ll most likely see Jackson do the same.

    I’d actually like to see the match up between the “road warriors” and the pansies just to see if they can survive Gillette. However I’m not so sure that they can especially if the pansies find a way to cheat, which I’m pretty sure they will!
    neither the chiefs or the patriots necessarily scare me right now because the chargers have the personnel to match up against those teams and i don't think either of those teams have the firepower on defense to shut down rivers like the ravens or even the broncos do.


    Welcome Back! #85

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    of course, i think most people feel that way about the ravens. however, the chargers have figured out how to slow down mahomes and the chiefs don't have the defense to do what the ravens and the broncos defense have done the last two weeks.

    i would love to see the chiefs again in the playoffs.
    Personally, I think the Chargers beat the Ravens this time around. I can’t see a 21 year old Lamar Jackson pulling this off. And then if Houston wins their game you get your rematch with KC and then hopefully you guys get a trip to Gillette.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,830
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Personally, I think the Chargers beat the Ravens this time around. I can’t see a 21 year old Lamar Jackson pulling this off. And then if Houston wins their game you get your rematch with KC and then hopefully you guys get a trip to Gillette.
    i wouldn't mind that.


    Welcome Back! #85

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,775
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The whole purpose behind having the division winner get one of the top 4 seeds is to reward teams that play in tough divisions...so an average record like 8-8 or 9-7 allows you to have a home playoff game if you still win the division.
    So how do you in your infinite wisdom correlate the Pats and a tough division???

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,775
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Personally, I think the Chargers beat the Ravens this time around. I can’t see a 21 year old Lamar Jackson pulling this off. And then if Houston wins their game you get your rematch with KC and then hopefully you guys get a trip to Gillette.
    Why, is there a Disneyworld there?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Why, is there a Disneyworld there?
    More like the Bermuda Triangle, where teams come to die.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So how do you in your infinite wisdom correlate the Pats and a tough division???
    I never said they were in a tough division. For the past several years you Donco fans keep saying the Pats have an easy division that allows us to go 12-4 or better. Now you are saying the record matters over winning the divison. Get it?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,810
    KC/Chi would be a really entertaining SB. I would love to see the what the Bears offense would come up with. They have guys that can be used in creative ways and with that D they are going to be tough to beat.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    KC isn't going to the SB, not with that defense.

    my non homer prediction is saints vs pats
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    So you admit the Chargers are not good enough.
    Chargers vs saints/ rivers vs brees would make for a better story than Brady vs Brees!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    So why couldn’t Denver do better in a division with a “shriveled old QB under a second year coach playing a bingo hall”?
    You’re really asking this?

    Vance Joseph! He’s available, you can have him if you want him.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY_CHEETAH
    And you still haven’t addressed my argument. If the Pats’ record due to playing in an easier division is inflated, why is it that the team with the better record should get a top seed? You are arguing both sides.
    Because this season there is a team with an even better record playing in a tougher division sitting at the number 5 slot while the cheetahs with a lesser record are gifted with the number 3 slot!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    neither the chiefs or the patriots necessarily scare me right now because the chargers have the personnel to match up against those teams and i don't think either of those teams have the firepower on defense to shut down rivers like the ravens or even the broncos do.
    Hence why I said the pansies would have to cheat to win.

    I want to a showdown between Rivers and Brady and then Mahomes vs Rivers however if the charger end in the super bowl, theyd better hope it’s not against the Bears. Because the Bears do have the personnel to shut down rivers and all of his offensive fire power!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    More like the Bermuda Triangle, where teams come to die.
    Well then you about to be shipped wrecked in your own backyard!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,775
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I never said they were in a tough division. For the past several years you Donco fans keep saying the Pats have an easy division that allows us to go 12-4 or better. Now you are saying the record matters over winning the divison. Get it?
    Not even sure what your argument is. I said The Chargers deserved a better ranking than your patsies. But the division winner gets a break, and in your case, a ridiculously easy break. In fact, I would argue that the division winner in an easy division could in fact be a lousy team. So I would give KC and The Chargers an edge over your simple journey, given two teams in one division have to play one another twice.

    So yes, I am saying that record matters, especially when a team plays in such a pathetically weak division. Maybe all those rookie QBs will improve next year.....finally some competition....maybe!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Not even sure what your argument is. I said The Chargers deserved a better ranking than your patsies. But the division winner gets a break, and in your case, a ridiculously easy break. In fact, I would argue that the division winner in an easy division could in fact be a lousy team. So I would give KC and The Chargers an edge over your simple journey, given two teams in one division have to play one another twice.

    So yes, I am saying that record matters, especially when a team plays in such a pathetically weak division. Maybe all those rookie QBs will improve next year.....finally some competition....maybe!
    So based on your argument, the Pats deserved the 1 seed in 2016 and 2017? After all, they had the best record in the AFC those years...despite playing in an easy division. You ready to concede that?
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-02-2019 at 12:34 PM.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    ...no team has contained the chiefs offense like the chargers have and their defense is swiss cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    of course, i think most people feel that way about the ravens. however, the chargers have figured out how to slow down mahomes and the chiefs don't have the defense to do what the ravens and the broncos defense have done the last two weeks.

    i would love to see the chiefs again in the playoffs.
    I think you are giving your Chargers too much credit. Nobody has figured out Mahomes…...and there are two other teams that held the Chiefs to less points than the Chargers did....one of them the Broncos and the other the Ravens (and one other actually....I forgot the Cards held the Chiefs to 26...the lowest of the season). Yes the Chargers beat the Chiefs at home....by one point on a desperation play. The Chargers defense is not going to keep the Chiefs from getting a lot of points.....not with Mahomes throwing the ball.
    Last edited by obi-groo; 01-02-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •