Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Well maybe if Munchak had Brady to work with instead of a scrub like Locker he'd look better too. And maybe Brady would have done far worse in his career without a great coach like Belichick. It's funny how football is complementary like that.
    Munchak was Jake Locker's biggest advocate. He pushed Tennessee to draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    So maybe he's not a personnel guy. Good coaches aid good QBs and vice versa. My point stands. Elway was stuck with Reeves for a decade, but then found glory with Shanny. After Elway, Shanny accomplished far less. If Munchak is the guy hopefully at some point he has a better QB than Keenum to work with.

So maybe he's not a personnel guy. Good coaches aid good QBs and vice versa. My point stands. Elway was stuck with Reeves for a decade, but then found glory with Shanny. After Elway, Shanny accomplished far less. If Munchak is the guy hopefully at some point he has a better QB than Keenum to work with.
    Like I said, if fans want to talk themselves into Munchak, be my guest.

I see 3 years of 7 wins or less.

Yep. And then after spending time there, locker retired because he no longer felt the desire to play football.

Nunchak seems like a great motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Yep. And then after spending time there, locker retired because he no longer felt the desire to play football.

Nunchak seems like a great motivator.
    yea Munchak is not why he retired (https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/18/ja...ns-why-he-quit)
    Last edited by MHS; 01-06-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    I have no idea what this even means, or how it addresses my comment.

The point is that the Titans were better WITH Munchak than they were without him.
    It means that poster really does not like that particular coach.

It is ok...we all expressing our opinions.

I have my reservations about him but imo he is the best offensive head coach candidate I seen the Broncos considering so far.

Sucks to have to hire a HC to fix our OL but imo we need to get serious about our pass protection before we can find our franchise qb and Munch has show he is good with pass protection.

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Turning around the oline and getting a QB have been top priorities for 3 years now...just saying these things arenít easy and will have a lot to do with how our next coach fares.
    Having the O-Line line up backwards may be too innovative.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    Belichick went 11-5 without Brady in New England, when he was hurt.

What's YOUR point? You think Vince Lombardi is available to coach the team? You want another well-respected coordinator with no head coaching experience, like Vance Joseph? We have to hire SOMEONE.
    Belichick has one playoff win without Brady...against the Pats actually.

edit

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    Belichick is 13-6 without Tom Brady, he is a hell of a coach.... Patriots just struck perfection by getting a HOF QB and HOF Coach. Neither would be as good without the other person, it was a perfect marriage.

I don't think any of the 5 coaches Broncos are interested can win with Keenum.
    Actually before Brady he is 41-55 with 5 out of 6 losing seasons.

If you count the amazingly talented team when Brady got hurt week one that makes him 52-60 with 5 out of 7 losing seasons.....and one playoff win.

5 out of 7 losing seasons without Brady and one playoff win....he is one of the most reliant on QB coaches in NFL history imo....he could not even make the playoffs with the same talented team without Brady.
    Last edited by Hadez; 01-06-2019 at 10:33 AM.

And he would have flamed out in New England without Tom Brady.

What's your point? You think Munchak is going to beat KC and LA with Keenum at quarterback?
    We beat LA with Keenum and VJ and played KC close....so yes. I actually think Munchak would implement a better plan to beat those teams than VJ did. I also think Munchak would implement the best team pass protection since PM was putting up star wars numbers.

How far Munchak can take the team will depend entirely on his coaching staff as he will need help but I would already have more faith in our offensive coaching than the previous two years.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    never know until you try it haha
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Well maybe if Munchak had Brady to work with instead of a scrub like Locker he'd look better too. And maybe Brady would have done far worse in his career without a great coach like Belichick. It's funny how football is complementary like that.
    To quote one of those funny videos that was hammering McD coming here when he was first hired.....Brady would make a blind squirrel look like the next Bill Walsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    We beat LA with Keenum and VJ and played KC close....so yes. I actually think Munchak would implement a better plan to beat those teams than VJ did. I also think Munchak would implement the best team pass protection since PM was putting up star wars numbers.

How far Munchak can take the team will depend entirely on his coaching staff as he will need help but I would already have more faith in our offensive coaching than the previous two years.
    As I said, if fans have talked themselves into Munchak, then nothing I say will change your minds. I don't see this as a hire that will be talked about positively 3 years from now but we'll see.

Socnorb11 said:
    Today 11:33 AM
    Remember when Bill Belichick went 20-28 in his first 3 years of his first coaching stint with the Browns?

People probably thought he was awful too.
    Multi-Quote This Message
    One out of how many? Munchak isnt gonna challenge Bellichek as best HC ever.

Your response is lazy.
    Last edited by biggbenns; 01-06-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I think I saw the 3 Stooges attempt that in one of their shorts. Surprisingly, the outcome was not what they intended.

As I said, if fans have talked themselves into Munchak, then nothing I say will change your minds. I don't see this as a hire that will be talked about positively 3 years from now but we'll see.
    And of course if you've talked yourself out of him nothing will change your mind either.