Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1236
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lol. If you really think that matters why don't you go ask around why he's no longer a DC and instead coaching the secondary for the 3rd worst pass defense in the league?
    To take a page from your book, what about the year prior when he coached the secondary for the 2nd best pass defense in the league?

Or "the year prior" does not apply in this case?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

We are the youngest team in the league. I donít think Elway is in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    To take a page from your book, what about the year prior when he coached the secondary for the 2nd best pass defense in the league?

Or "the year prior" does not apply in this case?
    Nope. Because he's still in that role. Clearly his years of prior DC work was bad enough to see him unable to find that same position and need to take a lesser role on a different team.

If he's fired or demoted from DB coach, that's another thing. But currently thats where he sits, head of the DBs on the 3rd worst pass defense.

The point is, he was not a good DC, deserved to be fired, and Munchak couldn't do it because they were friends. That's bad. I don't know how anyone can defend that.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We are the youngest team in the league. I donít think Elway is in denial.
    I dunno man. With the signing of Keenum, not drafting a QB last year, and looking at retread 8-8 type "stability" coaches this year it sure doesn't seem like he's embracing a rebuild

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...47057358523282

Now we wait.

The Denver Broncos have completed five head coach interviews since parting ways with Vance Joseph on Dec. 31. Itís unknown if general manager John Elway will do any second interviews before making a hire.

Elway and his staff interviewed former Tennesee Titans coach Mike Munchak, Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, former Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano, Los Angeles Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor and New England Patriots defensive coordinator Brian Flores.

Fangio and Munchak appear to be the favorites.

Denver has no more interviews scheduled and it seems unlikely that anyone besides the five coaches already interviewed will be considered. Taylor and Flores would not be available to join another team until after their teams are eliminated from the playoffs (or until after the Super Bowl, if they make it that far).

One year after winning a Super Bowl, coach Gary Kubiak stepped down for health reasons in 2017. The team then replaced him with Joseph, who went 11-21 during his two years with the Broncos.

At this point I donít think Vic Fangio is going to be the head coach of the Denver Broncos.

I think after talking to his players they realize how close they are and perhaps Danny Trevathan may have steered fangio back to Chicago.

Iím Thinking that Mike Munchak is gonna be the head coach. He came out publicly and said he would take the position stating that he does that want it.

Heís an offensive guy and I think he may do a better job fixing this offense than Gary Kubiak did in 2015 and 2016.

We are all familiar with kubes and we know how tough his offensive can be in s young player. Itís tough to defend but only Mike Shanahan can perfect it to its fullest.

My predictions are Mike Munchak HC, Chuck Pagano at DC and Zach Tayler at OC if the rams donít promote him

well, okay then. Not the most exciting hire, but we'll see how it plays out in 12 months. Maybe in 12 months we won't be talking about the coaching position but rather the playoff game we just won
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

OK the more I think about it I have been calling for Vic to become the next HC for the Denver Broncos however if Vic just does not want the Position then Denver should proceed with Mike Munchak. Both are Safe Hires and Both will Fix what is Broken so I am looking forward to the Future !

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    well, okay then. Not the most exciting hire, but we'll see how it plays out in 12 months. Maybe in 12 months we won't be talking about the coaching position but rather the playoff game we just won
    If itís Munchak then I feel Pagano will be the DC and obviously very heavily involved in the offense so you never know it might be a good match.

I would like Fangio on the defense because I think heís more of a Wade Phillips type guy.
    Iím not so sure Pagano would have the defense playing lights out in the same form but what are our options.

I think Fangio can bring in Pagano as well as DC since they worked together before and run similar systems and since they have worked together before and know each other they will communicate well and not butt heads

At least Zac Taylor already seems to have more acceptance among the fanbase than Vance Joseph in 2017, maybe the fans are 50-50 on him. The fans already seemed to know what would happen with Joseph leading the team.

If we are using MHR as the metric, then Taylor only has 14% of the vote.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...ach-candidates
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    If we are using MHR as the metric, then Taylor only has 14% of the vote.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...ach-candidates
    Well, 14 is better than 10, right?

Besides, you can't really fudge those numbers into their poll and have it give meaningful data... but I getcha

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post