Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1236
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I hope that is true, I prefer Munchak over Fangio but would be happy with either.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I hope that is true, I prefer Munchak over Fangio but would be happy with either.
    Yeah but you have the big Lebowski as your avatar. How much can we really trust your judgement!!!

Lol jk I had to poke fun!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-08-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbenns View Post
    I would rather hire some up and coming offensive mind that has been around a guy who is doing the same thing, than some fossil who thinks the old ways still work. Hire the kid, get a young QB and let them go to work.
    What evidence is there that he is an upcoming offensive mind, have you seen what type of system he runs? Does he run the same system as Mcvay? He hasn't even had a full year as an NFL OC and during the five games Taylor served as OC, the Dolphins went 2-3 and averaged 17 points per game, a slight regress from their per-game average under Lazor.

He's a QB coach with 5 very average games as an OC. If Mcvay thought he was so "innovative" why isn't he calling the plays in LA? Why is there a 4 headed OC by committee? Does he have the ability to come in and command a locker room? He's a QB coach who has some input on game planning, what about that screams HC material?

He may be a fine HC someday, but without some actual evidence that he can run anything outside of a QB room I would be nervous of hiring him.

And it seems that nobody is willing to give him the keys to the kingdom, its being reported that he is going to GB to be the OC there.

I will add before I get accused again of being ok with 8-8 mediocrity, that I don't particularly love any of the candidates. If it was up to me we would be trying to lure in Bruce Arians as it seems he is open to other teams than the Browns now.
    Last edited by teetdogs; 01-08-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    well, okay then. Not the most exciting hire, but we'll see how it plays out in 12 months. Maybe in 12 months we won't be talking about the coaching position but rather the playoff game we just won
    M
    That would be nice. A discussion about something positive......

Just hire fangio alreadddyy

Listen, Elway, you messed up hugely by letting KYLE SHANAHAN leave the building and hired Vance. You let WADE PHILLIPS leave the building and promoted JOE WOODS.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HIRE FANGIO.

i dont see how an old man like yourself would want this stress. Kyle controls offensive play calls Wade controls defensive play calls. its that easy Elway, you dont have to do anything for 5 plus years.

Swing and a huge miss Mr. Yankee. NOW KEEP KUBIAK AND HIRE FANGIO and let us keep Von young instead of wasted another 2 YEARS OF HIS PRIME.. STOP IT ELWAY, JUST STOP IT!@!@@!

I vote for Munchak!
    We need to fix O-line start Keenum and develop a Young QB.
    But I am good with who ever JE thinks is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Thomas View Post
    Listen, Elway, you messed up hugely by letting KYLE SHANAHAN leave the building and hired Vance. You let WADE PHILLIPS leave the building and promoted JOE WOODS.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HIRE FANGIO.

i dont see how an old man like yourself would want this stress. Kyle controls offensive play calls Wade controls defensive play calls. its that easy Elway, you dont have to do anything for 5 plus years.

Swing and a huge miss Mr. Yankee. NOW KEEP KUBIAK AND HIRE FANGIO and let us keep Von young instead of wasted another 2 YEARS OF HIS PRIME.. STOP IT ELWAY, JUST STOP IT!@!@@!
    Itís been mentioned that there is a power struggle between John and Joe.

I think Vic would want more power than John is willing to give him so that could be what is halting it right now.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-08-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Itís been mentioned that there is a power struggle between John and Joe.

I think Vic would want more power than John is willing to give him so that could be what is happening right now.
    Joe has said it's John's call.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I vote for Munchak!
    We need to fix O-line start Keenum and develop a Young QB.
    But I am good with who ever JE thinks is best.
    That's like saying you picked the hottest ugly chick in the group.

2nd part is a valid point. OLine needs to be fixed.

3rd part,

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It’s been mentioned that there is a power struggle between John and Joe.

I think Vic would want more power than John is willing to give him so that could be what is happening right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Joe has said it's John's call.
    I think Joe and John might also be calling in to a certain radio station too as "anonymous" players from the VJ era.

Come to think of it, that would be hysterical.

i still dont understand how as a GM you have a great OC that calls plays, A great DC that calls plays, they worked together as partners and get another superbowl. I might sound dumb, but we won Superbowl 50 with Kubiak and Wade. i dont get how it can be any easier of a hire than fangio and or why we didnt hire kyle

Quote Originally Posted by biggbenns View Post
    That's like saying you picked the hottest ugly chick in the group.

2nd part is a valid point. OLine needs to be fixed.

3rd part,

LOL.... everyone grab their beer goggles 🤪

I know some of you are listening to Stokely right now!

Heís saying that Vic Fangio has reached out to John Fox to see what it is like to work for Elway.

I think this could delay the process but that may be every indication we need to determine that Fangio is the guy Elway has chosen however itís a matter if he chooses to sign or not!