Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Where is Fangio + Kubiak being reported?

I'd be fairly jazzed about that combo.
    Fangio would be pretty good imo.

Only reports I have seen about Kubiak is Alt wants him as OC. Got to think if Kubiak willing to be an OC it will be in Denver with a defensive minded HC.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    If Fangio becomes HC and Kubiak is OC and/or asst. coach, who would be our DC? Pagano? Bowles?

It would likely be Fangio with someone taking the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Fangio has a lot of NFL experience as a coordinator and they'll be giving Kubiak the Asst. HC Offense role where he'll basically be completely in charge of the O. Fangio would be in charge of bringing the D back and making game day decisions, but with a long time NFL HC on the headset with him if he needs help.
    I do think Vic would bring our D back to the dominant ways in was in the past. We need to give him a couple more pieces but we have a lot of pieces already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Fangio would be pretty good imo.

Only reports I have seen about Kubiak is Alt wants him as OC. Got to think if Kubiak willing to be an OC it will be in Denver with a defensive minded HC.
    Atlanta has now locked onto Dirk Koetter as their OC, which indicates to me that Kubiak is staying in Denver and let them know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's amazing how things went from Peter King reporting today that Elway had no interest in Kubiak coming back as OC, to now it being pretty much a done deal that he will be the OC. Crazy, but Peter King doesn't seem to have a lot of tips unless he's talking about New England, or bad coffee.

Reading through everything it sounds an awful lot like it'll be a defensive coach (Fangio?) paired with Kubiak who will basically be given the offense. If Fangio doesn't happen then I would expect we'll see someone like Chuck Pagano or some other strong defensive mind that can fix that while Kubiak fixes the O.

Now they'll just need someone to fix the special teams.
    This is the time of the year a lot of crap comes out. Some of it is straight media based crap but when it comes to players some it is comes from the team...maybe coaches too.

I wander if we did hire Fangio would he even hire a DC? Why wouldn't he just call defensive plays?

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I wander if we did hire Fangio would he even hire a DC? Why wouldn't he just call defensive plays?
    Most likely he would bring someone with him from Chicago but they would be DC in name only, most likely Vic would call the plays

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    IMO it would be better if he did not call the plays. I know it works out on some teams but I think a HC is more effective at his job if others are calling the plays.

Per Mike Klis, Broncos will interview Chuck Pagano later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Most likely he would bring someone with him from Chicago but they would be DC in name only, most likely Vic would call the plays
    Went to the bears site and looked at their staff only names that he would bring to be DC would be Glenn Pires or Jay Rodgers (who was let go from Denver several years back so not sure he would want to come back) Glenn has a good resume and coachs the linebackers

Went to the bears site and looked at their staff only names that he would bring to be DC would be Glenn Pires or Jay Rodgers (who was let go from Denver several years back so not sure he would want to come back) Glenn has a good resume and coachs the linebackers
    He left with John Fox. Kubiak came in and brought Bill Kollar with him.

If Fangio becomes HC and Kubiak is OC and/or asst. coach, who would be our DC? Pagano? Bowles?
    Honestly, it would probably be a less experienced DC. That defense would be Fangio's, and an experienced defensive mind like Bowles or Pagano could cause some friction, especially if Fangio wants to call the defense. It honestly could mean Joe Woods gets retained.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    Honestly, it would probably be a less experienced DC. That defense would be Fangio's, and an experienced defensive mind like Bowles or Pagano could cause some friction, especially if Fangio wants to call the defense. It honestly could mean Joe Woods gets retained.
    Good thinking. I could see us using our defensive calls like how Andy Reid does with Eric. Andy calls the plays and Eric calls it into the offense, so I could see Vic calling the play and joe woods calling it into the ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I do think Vic would bring our D back to the dominant ways in was in the past. We need to give him a couple more pieces but we have a lot of pieces already.
    Boy are you living in the past. We had a dominant D and had a great game plan against a flawed opponent. The Panthers had a weak right tackle and Von owned him the entire game. Newton is and was a flawed mind at QB. The guy is an athelete but he's no Einstein. We got lucky to face them in the Super Bowl and we were a great team, so we deserved the win, but don't think that same formula will win with a sub std QB and offense. Those days are gone.

Good thinking. I could see us using our defensive calls like how Andy Reid does with Eric. Andy calls the plays and Eric calls it into the offense, so I could see Vic calling the play and joe woods calling it into the ILB.
    Thats probably exactly how it would happen.