Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1236
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    I think it’s wrong to block a promotional job. In the real world you can’t do that. I think if it’s a promotion they can’t block the interview process or to leave for A promotion . That rule needs to change.
    The only way he can block him from a promotion is to promote him to OC of the Rams.

He will be an OC next year, if McV wants to keep him in LA, he must promote him to OC in LA.

I think it’s wrong to block a promotional job. In the real world you can’t do that. I think if it’s a promotion they can’t block the interview process or to leave for A promotion . That rule needs to change.
    I agree up to a certain point. Maybe McVay plans to promote Taylor eventually and is grooming him for that?

And currently the Broncos are blocking other teams from talking to Kubiak and assistants from VJ's staff that the new coach may wish to keep. I'm glad because I don't want teams stealing guys like Bill Kollar off the staff.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Don't they have to interview a person of color?

Quote Originally Posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    The only way he can block him from a promotion is to promote him to OC of the Rams.

He will be an OC next year, if McV wants to keep him in LA, he must promote him to OC in LA.
    He doesn't have to do that. We already went through this ourselves when the Bengals refused to let us have VJ as Kube's DC in '15 (thankfully). And they didn't promote him as his only DC experience is in Miami, not Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    Don't they have to interview a person of color?
    They did, Brian Flores, P*triots DC.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I agree up to a certain point. Maybe McVay plans to promote Taylor eventually and is grooming him for that?

And currently the Broncos are blocking other teams from talking to Kubiak and assistants from VJ's staff that the new coach may wish to keep. I'm glad because I don't want teams stealing guys like Bill Kollar off the staff.
    Totally understand not wanting our guys to go but if itís a promotion and he really wanted to leave to go then who are they to stop. Itís sucks but thatís business world. You can get promoted to a crappy team or stay and get in championships their call

Totally understand not wanting our guys to go but if it’s a promotion and he really wanted to leave to go then who are they to stop. It’s sucks but that’s business world. You can get promoted to a crappy team or stay and get in championships their call
    It is, and it's a matter of contracts. They can be promoted and leave if the team let's them out of their contract or it expires -the latter is how VJ finally got away from Cincy to OC with Miami. Of course he's headed back to the Bungals where he belongs!

This is not true. If offered a HC position then teams can't block the candidate. But if offered any other lower position and the team has the individual under contract they can block him.
    Which is why the Bengals couldn't block VJ from interviewing for a HC spot with us a couple years ago, but they could and did block him from becoming our DC. THANK YOU GOD. And why we can block teams from interviewing Kubes for a OC position.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    This is not true. If offered a HC position then teams can't block the candidate. But if offered any other lower position and the team has the individual under contract they can block him.
    Which is why the Bengals couldn't block VJ from interviewing for a HC spot with us a couple years ago, but they could and did block him from becoming our DC. THANK YOU GOD. And why we can block teams from interviewing Kubes for a OC position.
    Did they officially name him oc? If not then broncos cant block as hes a member of the front office and i definitely could be wrong but i dont think you can block that unless its in his contract

Holy run on sentence batman....
    Glen Haven Fire

That's not true. The Bengals blocked VJ from a DC position here when he was just the DBs coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    That's not true. The Bengals blocked VJ from a DC position here when he was just the DBs coach.
    Sorry misread.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Did they officially name him oc? If not then broncos cant block as hes a member of the front office and i definitely could be wrong but i dont think you can block that unless its in his contract

Holy run on sentence batman....
    Kubiak is part of the Broncos staff as senior personnel advisor and he is under contract. Apparently they can block anyone in their organization from going anywhere else for any position less than HC if they are under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Kubiak is part of the Broncos staff as senior personnel advisor and he is under contract. Apparently they can block anyone in their organization from going anywhere else for any position less than HC if they are under contract.
    I believe they can block any lateral move, but promotions canít be blocked. Itís the same principle that enabled the Bengals to not let Denver interview Joseph a few years ago for the DC position. I believe he was the assistant DC in Cin.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I believe they can block any lateral move, but promotions can’t be blocked. It’s the same principle that enabled the Bengals to not let Denver interview Joseph a few years ago for the DC position. I believe he was the assistant DC in Cin.
    VJ was defensive backs coach in 2014 and remained in that title in 2015.
    I don't see any other title attached to him. Aren't all the defensive position coaches functionally 'assistants' to the DC?

What I've read is that if they are still under contract, they can be blocked for anything less than HC. Otherwise, this couldn't have happened with VJ in 2015 and McVay couldn't get away with doing this with Zac Taylor now. Ian Rapoport reported it and didn't say anything about it being illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I believe they can block any lateral move, but promotions canít be blocked. Itís the same principle that enabled the Bengals to not let Denver interview Joseph a few years ago for the DC position. I believe he was the assistant DC in Cin.
    Anything less than head coach is considered a lateral move.

However, I believe if a team names a coach assistant head coach, they can block even an interview for head coach. Iím not entirely sure about that though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!