Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1236
  1. #1141
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A-town in the Mile High
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    I think it’s wrong to block a promotional job. In the real world you can’t do that. I think if it’s a promotion they can’t block the interview process or to leave for A promotion . That rule needs to change.
    The only way he can block him from a promotion is to promote him to OC of the Rams.

    He will be an OC next year, if McV wants to keep him in LA, he must promote him to OC in LA.

  2. #1142
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    I think it’s wrong to block a promotional job. In the real world you can’t do that. I think if it’s a promotion they can’t block the interview process or to leave for A promotion . That rule needs to change.
    I agree up to a certain point. Maybe McVay plans to promote Taylor eventually and is grooming him for that?

    And currently the Broncos are blocking other teams from talking to Kubiak and assistants from VJ's staff that the new coach may wish to keep. I'm glad because I don't want teams stealing guys like Bill Kollar off the staff.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  3. #1143
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    608
    Don't they have to interview a person of color?

  4. #1144
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    The only way he can block him from a promotion is to promote him to OC of the Rams.

    He will be an OC next year, if McV wants to keep him in LA, he must promote him to OC in LA.
    He doesn't have to do that. We already went through this ourselves when the Bengals refused to let us have VJ as Kube's DC in '15 (thankfully). And they didn't promote him as his only DC experience is in Miami, not Cincy.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  5. #1145
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    Don't they have to interview a person of color?
    They did, Brian Flores, P*triots DC.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  6. #1146
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I agree up to a certain point. Maybe McVay plans to promote Taylor eventually and is grooming him for that?

    And currently the Broncos are blocking other teams from talking to Kubiak and assistants from VJ's staff that the new coach may wish to keep. I'm glad because I don't want teams stealing guys like Bill Kollar off the staff.
    Totally understand not wanting our guys to go but if itís a promotion and he really wanted to leave to go then who are they to stop. Itís sucks but thatís business world. You can get promoted to a crappy team or stay and get in championships their call

  7. #1147
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    Totally understand not wanting our guys to go but if it’s a promotion and he really wanted to leave to go then who are they to stop. It’s sucks but that’s business world. You can get promoted to a crappy team or stay and get in championships their call
    It is, and it's a matter of contracts. They can be promoted and leave if the team let's them out of their contract or it expires -the latter is how VJ finally got away from Cincy to OC with Miami. Of course he's headed back to the Bungals where he belongs!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  8. #1148
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,171
    Quote Originally Posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    The only way he can block him from a promotion is to promote him to OC of the Rams.

    He will be an OC next year, if McV wants to keep him in LA, he must promote him to OC in LA.

    This is not true. If offered a HC position then teams can't block the candidate. But if offered any other lower position and the team has the individual under contract they can block him.
    Which is why the Bengals couldn't block VJ from interviewing for a HC spot with us a couple years ago, but they could and did block him from becoming our DC. THANK YOU GOD. And why we can block teams from interviewing Kubes for a OC position.

  9. #1149
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    This is not true. If offered a HC position then teams can't block the candidate. But if offered any other lower position and the team has the individual under contract they can block him.
    Which is why the Bengals couldn't block VJ from interviewing for a HC spot with us a couple years ago, but they could and did block him from becoming our DC. THANK YOU GOD. And why we can block teams from interviewing Kubes for a OC position.
    Did they officially name him oc? If not then broncos cant block as hes a member of the front office and i definitely could be wrong but i dont think you can block that unless its in his contract

    Holy run on sentence batman....
    Glen Haven Fire

  10. #1150
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,508
    Quote Originally Posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    The only way he can block him from a promotion is to promote him to OC of the Rams.

    He will be an OC next year, if McV wants to keep him in LA, he must promote him to OC in LA.
    That's not true. The Bengals blocked VJ from a DC position here when he was just the DBs coach.

  11. #1151
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    That's not true. The Bengals blocked VJ from a DC position here when he was just the DBs coach.
    Sorry misread.
    Glen Haven Fire

  12. #1152
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Did they officially name him oc? If not then broncos cant block as hes a member of the front office and i definitely could be wrong but i dont think you can block that unless its in his contract

    Holy run on sentence batman....
    Kubiak is part of the Broncos staff as senior personnel advisor and he is under contract. Apparently they can block anyone in their organization from going anywhere else for any position less than HC if they are under contract.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  13. #1153
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,013
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Kubiak is part of the Broncos staff as senior personnel advisor and he is under contract. Apparently they can block anyone in their organization from going anywhere else for any position less than HC if they are under contract.
    I believe they can block any lateral move, but promotions canít be blocked. Itís the same principle that enabled the Bengals to not let Denver interview Joseph a few years ago for the DC position. I believe he was the assistant DC in Cin.

  14. #1154
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I believe they can block any lateral move, but promotions can’t be blocked. It’s the same principle that enabled the Bengals to not let Denver interview Joseph a few years ago for the DC position. I believe he was the assistant DC in Cin.
    VJ was defensive backs coach in 2014 and remained in that title in 2015.
    I don't see any other title attached to him. Aren't all the defensive position coaches functionally 'assistants' to the DC?

    What I've read is that if they are still under contract, they can be blocked for anything less than HC. Otherwise, this couldn't have happened with VJ in 2015 and McVay couldn't get away with doing this with Zac Taylor now. Ian Rapoport reported it and didn't say anything about it being illegal.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  15. #1155
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I believe they can block any lateral move, but promotions canít be blocked. Itís the same principle that enabled the Bengals to not let Denver interview Joseph a few years ago for the DC position. I believe he was the assistant DC in Cin.
    Anything less than head coach is considered a lateral move.

    However, I believe if a team names a coach assistant head coach, they can block even an interview for head coach. Iím not entirely sure about that though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •