Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1236
    Really not excited by either. Not even a little. Once we actually pick one I'm sure that will change, I'll find reason to get excited in the lead up to the draft as well as whatever QB we select.. but right now I'm just ready for this disappointing HC search to reach its underwhelming conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Really not excited by either. Not even a little. Once we actually pick one I'm sure that will change, I'll find reason to get excited in the lead up to the draft as well as whatever QB we select.. but right now I'm just ready for this disappointing HC search to reach its underwhelming conclusion.
    Wonder if VJ should of gotten another year.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    There is no hurry because Elway is choosing between a candidate that is only interested in Denver [Munchak] and a candidate that no one else wants [Fangio]. I said Fangio #1 and Munchak #2, but now I'm learning more towards Munchak based on what people are saying about him.
    You can pretty much bank on it being Vic Fangio with Pagano at DC. We'll likely bring in some college style OC with Kubiak overseeing the offense as an offensive assistant HC.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    He already got one year too many as is...

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I don't know. He didn't seem ready for the opportunity, a lot of small poor decisions during games directly effected the results...but a case could be made that he wasn't put in the right situation to succeed, being unable to pick his own coordinators or his players. Then again that seems to be the case for whoever is next too..

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Something to help warm you up to our soon to be announced head coach. With the Panthers his D was 6th. As the Niners DC 3rd, 3rd, 13th, 5th. Bears started rough due to a lack of talent, but has steadily improved every year. 31st, 23rd, 14th, 1st.

If nothing else he's going to keep our defense strong. Kubiak and whoever we hire as OC will get to focus on the offense. Kubiak is likely going to be an assistant head coach in charge of the offensive side of the ball.

I think it was getting Mack that helped make the Bears defense good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think it was Mack that made the Bears defense so good this year.
    Mack was a missing piece of talent, but one player by himself doesn't make a defense work, if it did, Von would be all we need. Von is better than Mack. What is missing in denver has been a strong defensive scheme. They have that in Chicago, we'll have that soon with Coach Fangio.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Mack was a missing piece of talent, but one player by himself doesn't make a defense work, if it did, Von would be all we need. Von is better than Mack. What is missing in denver has been a strong defensive scheme. They have that in Chicago, we'll have that soon with Coach Fangio.
    I'll go with that!!!
    Sounds good to me.

I love Von but Von is not better than Mack - at least not at this time. I do appreciate the homer view of things, and Von is great, but, he's not Mack.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I love Von but Von is not better than Mack - at least not at this time. I do appreciate the homer view of things, and Von is great, but, he's not Mack.
    I would say they are about the same.

They both can disappear for games at a time.

They both can destroy an offense when they’re hot.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hak-or-fangio/

Elway’s dilemma: Munchak or Fangio

Posted by Mike Florio on January 9, 2019, 10:34 AM EST
    Broncos G.M. John Elway has plenty of experience hiring head coaches. Too much experience hiring coaches. So much experience hiring coaches that this could be his last experience hiring coaches.

Elway has whittled his choices down to two: Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak and Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. The thinking is that Elway is leaning Munchak. However, Fangio could save the day.

Per a league source, Fangio’s burning desire to finally become a head coach has made him willing to let Elway hand pick the coaching staff. Elway wants Gary Kubiak to run the offense. That’s more likely if it’s Fangio.

It also makes it less likely that the offensive coordinator will be pilfered by another team, since Kubiak has retired from serving as a head coach, for health reasons.

However it plays out, the stakes have never been higher for Elway. Only three years after winning a Super Bowl, he has presided over the worst back-to-back seasons for the Broncos since 1971-72. Another sub-.500 season could be his last.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I'm yet to see Mack take over a game when it actually matters. He has good games against scrub players, but when he faces actual competition, the guy turns into casper the non-existent ghost. He was MIA during the playoff game last week when they actually needed him. Until he has a season on par with what Von did in 2015, it's not even a close discussion. Von by a large margin.

That is bad news, I just wish Elway would let the coach pick his own staff.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Something to help warm you up to our soon to be announced head coach. With the Panthers his D was 6th. As the Niners DC 3rd, 3rd, 13th, 5th. Bears started rough due to a lack of talent, but has steadily improved every year. 31st, 23rd, 14th, 1st.
    To me, he is the opposite of Wade Philips in the sense that Wade’s defenses always seem to regress as time goes on while Fangio’s goes the other direction.

If nothing else he's going to keep our defense strong. Kubiak and whoever we hire as OC will get to focus on the offense. Kubiak is likely going to be an assistant head coach in charge of the offensive side of the ball.
    This somewhat leads me to believe that we do not need Munchak but only if John and Gary can get the new OC the right personnel!