Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1236
    It’s Vic!!

Adam Schefter
    Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    Denver reached agreement with Bears’ DC Vic Fangio to become the Broncos’ next head coach, sources tell me and
    @DanGrazianoESPN
    . It will be a four-year deal plus a team option for a fifth, per source.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    Sources: The #Broncos are expected to hire #Bears DC Vic Fangio as their new head coach.

Vic Fangio is new coach per Ian Rapoport

Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
    42s42 seconds ago
    More
    Sources: The #Broncos are expected to hire #Bears DC Vic Fangio as their new head coach.

Oooh... Munchack and Williams...Hmm, I kinda like that and could totally get on board with it. Chubb and Miller playing in a Gregg Williams defense would be 30+ sacks between the pair.

Vice fangio it is

Quote Originally Posted by Jokers View Post
    Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
    42s42 seconds ago
    More
    Meh.... Go team!

As expected, it's Vic! Hopefully here soon, we'll start hearing who his staff will be.

I expect Offensive assistance HC Kubiak, DC Pagano and someone familiar with college concepts at OC.

Oh happy day!!! Hope Elway nails the draft again though or it will be tough for even quality coaches to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Per a league source, Fangio’s burning desire to finally become a head coach has made him willing to let Elway hand pick the coaching staff. Elway wants Gary Kubiak to run the offense. That’s more likely if it’s Fangio.

This is really bothering me. It does seem that Elway keeps making the same mistake over again...wasn't that part of the issue with VJ? Elway, stop micromanaging, if that's the issue. Let the HC make his own decisions on his own staff.
    With the exception of Joe Woods (who, as the coach of the No-Fly-Zone, the F.O. felt was a rising star and didn't wish to lose), VJ got to pick his staff.

Fans here felt that Elway should have retained Wade, but then he would have been forced on the new coach too, right?

Kubiak was (very recently) a proven, successful coordinator and is still an active part of the Broncos organization who wants to get back into coaching offense or teaching it, so I don't think this condition is unusual or terrible. Kubiak is also the reason Keenum is with the Broncos, and going back further, in the League at all. He will run the best offense for accommodating Keenum's strengths and weaknesses since we are still likely saddled with him this season.

I don't believe that Elway is micromanaging as much as his detractors like to say nor that he's some kind of Jerry Jones. Did he tell VJ not to bench Siemian and McKenzie after repeated turnovers game after game, for example? No friggin' way! I see this as a bunch of spiteful, rumor mill conspiracy crap which is part of the character assassination that paints Elway up as an egocentric, petty control freak. The Broncos have been losing, so not only is Elway to blame but he must be a bad BAD person too!!!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I understand completely what you’re saying however I’m not looking at the stats.

I’m looking at which player was more of a menace for opposing teams last season. Which player commanded the most attention and right now I just have to say that it with Mack.
    Mack was part of a better defense run by DC who knew what he was doing.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    With the exception of Joe Woods (who, as the coach of the No-Fly-Zone, the F.O. felt was a rising star and didn't wish to lose), VJ got to pick his staff.

Fans here felt that Elway should have retained Wade, but then he would have been forced on the new coach too, right?

Kubiak was (very recently) a proven, successful coordinator and is still an active part of the Broncos organization who wants to get back into coaching offense or teaching it, so I don't think this condition is unusual or terrible. Kubiak is also the reason Keenum is with the Broncos, and going back further, in the League at all. He will run the best offense for accommodating Keenum's strengths and weaknesses since we are still likely saddled with him this season.

I don't believe that Elway is micromanaging as much as his detractors like to say nor that he's some kind of Jerry Jones. Did he tell VJ not to bench Siemian and McKenzie after repeated turnovers game after game, for example? No friggin' way! I see this as a bunch of spiteful, rumor mill conspiracy crap which is part of the character assassination that paints Elway up as an egocentric, petty control freak. The Broncos have been losing, so not only is Elway to blame but he must be a bad BAD person too!!!
    OK good. I was mainly going by the article. Thanks for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    What’s funny about this statement is Sambrailo and Latimer are both starters in this league. Albeit Latimer not until OBJ went down, but they’re still starters. Out of all of Elways “horrible” drafts, what is the percentage of guys still in the league vs guys who are out of the league? I betcha those numbers compare to a guy like Belicheck. Elway has been bad at finding a QB, which is odd, but if he nails this next one all will be forgiven.
    Sambrailo isn't a starter except by necessity

What’s funny about this statement is Sambrailo and Latimer are both starters in this league. Albeit Latimer not until OBJ went down, but they’re still starters. Out of all of Elways “horrible” drafts, what is the percentage of guys still in the league vs guys who are out of the league? I betcha those numbers compare to a guy like Belicheck. Elway has been bad at finding a QB, which is odd, but if he nails this next one all will be forgiven.
    They do. I did a very extensive post comparing several teams hit rates (a hit was defined as "still in the league" vs not in the league) Elway's percentage of players still in the league is actually a little higher than BB. The problem is not many of those players are still on the team.

Elway's drafting issue an issue despite mislead opinion...It' that he has a hard time retaining the talent he brings in.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...37#post5727537

That's the link to my posts (I posted a total of three on that page relating to my research)

To summarize though, I compared the Chargers, Browns, Patriots and Broncos. 33% of our picks during the Elway Era were still on the roster at the time of that post (70% still in the NFL) The chargers retained 43% of their players during that same span, 56% of their picks are still in the NFL. Patriots retained 32% of their players, 59% are still in the NFL. The Browns retained 24% with 59% still in the NFl.

The "dur hurr, Elway can't draft" thing is overblown.... He needs to get better at utilizing and retaining the talent he drafts, but he drafts just fine, otherwise 70% of the players he drafted wouldn't be on an NFL roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Oh happy day!!! Hope Elway nails the draft again though or it will be tough for even quality coaches to succeed.
    Nails the draft? OK. Chubb was a "we have an obvious choice high in the draft and we'll take it". Sutton was a good pick, but frankly I think it would have been more valuable to the team to take one of the stud TE's available like Gesiki or Goeddert. Freeman, yes, excellent choice in 3rd round is very good. The balance are decent draft picks but they aren't likely to be considered "steals". The find of Lindsay and the sensational year we got from Chubb are the reasons anyone thinks we really had a good draft. I do think we had a good draft, but then again, we were drafting 5th overall. Like when we got Von at 2, it was great he was as good as we thought but it wasn't like it was the brilliance of the drafting team to select Miller.