Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I doubt the only positive for Zac Taylor is that he currently works for Sean McVay. I'd guess he already had shown something positive in eyes of NFL people for Sean McVay to hire him as part of his staff. Taylor's short work as an interim OC was not impressive, though it was not even his playbook, but Ryan Tannehill had his best years with Taylor as his position coach. I think McVay knew what he was doing when he brought Taylor from Cincinnati, and now trusts him to coach his franchise QB.

Maybe it's too soon for Zac Taylor to become HC and it's a risk that I don't expect Elway to take at this point, but NFL people are raving about Taylor. If just being around McVay was the reason to get HC interviews, we would see more buzz about Aaron Kromer and Shane Waldron instead of Taylor. Not even Matt LaFleur, who was McVay's OC in 2017, is getting interviews this time. There must be something else about Zac Taylor.

To conclude, I think you're underrating Peyton Manning's physical abilities during his early career and prime years. Manning was not a dual-threat QB, but he had a pretty strong arm to make all the throws. We are used to the post-surgery Manning, with nerve damage, that struggled to put zip on the ball, but the young Peyton Manning had a very respectable arm talent.
    Peak Manning had an average arm. He was just precise, and read defenses brilliantly.

Are we just going to overlook that Munchack was 22-26 in Tennessee? Just making sure as I try to understand the excitement over him...

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Are we just going to overlook that Munchack was 22-26 in Tennessee? Just making sure as I try to understand the excitement over him...
    What coach would look good with Matt Hasselbeck at that age, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jake Locker, and Rusty Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    What coach would look good with Matt Hasselbeck at that age, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jake Locker, and Rusty Smith?
    Fitzpatrick was 3-6 in Munchakís last season with 12 INTs. Maybe 22-26 was decent considering the QBs 👀

Plus I think his 2nd season was riddled with injuries on top of those not so good QBs. If he can get our offensive line turned around and we get our qb I think he should be fine.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Plus I think his 2nd season was riddled with injuries on top of those not so good QBs. If he can get our offensive line turned around and we get our qb I think he should be fine.
    Turning around the oline and getting a QB have been top priorities for 3 years now...just saying these things arenít easy and will have a lot to do with how our next coach fares.
    Last edited by dgobronco; 01-05-2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    So;

HC- Munchak
    OC- Kubiak
    DC- Pagano

Is looking like a real possibility. Then we just need to get;

1. A franchise QB
    2. A real ILB
    3. Upgrade the o-line
    4. Get a #2 CB

If we at least accomplish this, we may just be a playoff team next year.
    might want to make that 2 or 3 starting caliber CBs, Roby will probably be gone and isn't too good anyway. harris will be 30 and a FA after next season. He may not be worth re-signing. Everyone else is pretty bad. We went from the No Fly Zone to not having any decent CBs at all ( barring harris) real quick.

Well, it's a good thing he has Case Keenum!

...oh, wait.

Well, it's a good thing he has Case Keenum!

...oh, wait.
    I wonít say Keenum is much better if at all than any of those guys but Munchak over achieved with that roster. Nate Washington, Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, Chris Johnson after he started to decline, they werenít a very talented team at all. Even if you think our current team isnít talented, they still dwarf what he had to work with in Tennessee. And when coaching directly cost us numerous losses, I tend to believe he can find a way to get us to 8-8 year one at least.

Munchak would be my 2nd choice. Fangio would be my first. Iíd like to see Taylor as a true OC before handing him the reigns to the whole team. He wonít ever get that with the Rams so maybe that can convince him to move to another team. If not Iíd take a long look at Klint Kubiak as our OC.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    might want to make that 2 or 3 starting caliber CBs, Roby will probably be gone and isn't too good anyway. harris will be 30 and a FA after next season. He may not be worth re-signing. Everyone else is pretty bad. We went from the No Fly Zone to not having any decent CBs at all ( barring harris) real quick.
    Remember when Elway said LT and CB were some of theost important positions on the team?

Those are a couple of our biggest needs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Remember when Elway said LT and CB were some of theost important positions on the team?

Those are a couple of our biggest needs now.
    this is why Von Miller could be traded. A first round pick plus a corner (however how much would that corner want to paid) Cap space and all the pass rushers coming out of this years draft!

However Iím confident that a new head coach would have a lot of say in the matter!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-06-2019 at 03:48 AM.

So much for no one wanting the job

Sources: Steelers assistant Mike Munchak would have strong interest in Broncos job, if offered

Adam Schefter
    ESPN Senior Writer

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak has drawn interest as a head-coaching candidate this year. Munchak is said to have a strong interest in the Denver Broncos job, according to sources.

Munchak spent Friday with the Broncos and has both professional and personal ties to Denver. He and Broncos president of football operations John Elway have shared an agent. Additionally, Munchak's daughter and her family all live in Denver. Those family ties and his general fondness for the area have made Munchak more open to an opportunity with the Broncos, sources said.

Last year, Munchak turned down a head-coaching job, and he has been incredibly selective because of his feelings for the Steelers, sources said.

He has been Pittsburgh's offensive line coach since 2014, after a three-year stint as the Tennessee Titans' head coach.

The 58-year-old went 22-26 as the Titans' coach. He was a nine-time Pro Bowler during his 12-year Hall of Fame playing career, spent entirely with the Titans/Oilers franchise.

Munchak would have a strong interest in the job if it were offered to him, however the Broncos are also interviewing New England Patriots defensive coordinator Brian Flores on Saturday and are scheduled to interview Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio on Monday.

If an experienced coach was doing good at his previous spot he would probably still be there

I don't believe anyone said we wouldn't be able to land a HC. The point was we are not in a position to attract the hottest candidates, and I think that's true based on ownership situation and QB situation.
    That said, I like Munchak. Offensive linemen generally make good coaches and we FINALLY get an offensive minded guy. Imagine how good our running game can be until we get a QB.
    I just hope we don't saddle him with Kubiak.