Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    We were a few plays away from being 10-6. That's with a weak coach, and a weak qb. That's why we finished so high in DVOA.

This team is loaded with talent, and just had a stellar draft. One or two more drafts like that would be a dynasty.

Harbaugh + Kubes and this team is 10-6. Easily. Even with a weak QB like Keenum.

If Munchak and Kubes are an effective combo, or Fangio + Kubes, we could easily be a playoff team. And we might get our QB of the future in this draft.

That's the beauty of this league. You're always one draft and a good coach away from the playoffs. Odds increase in a quality organization like the Broncos.

Did anyone look at the Bears roster last year and think they were an upcoming 12-4 team? Or the Rams roster two years ago?
    I actually felt the Bears were front runner to win the division this year. Their defense last year was also a top 10 unit, they just needed increased production from the offense that I felt Trubisky would get.

The reality is that many teams get coaching changes but no winning changes also. For every Bears coaching and QB change there's a Raiders, Titans, and Dolphins organization that doesn't improve either. It's a risk we have to take.

You make some great combinations, but I don't know if they will be slam dunk successes. In 2017 I thought Mike McCoy and Joe Woods would be perfect for a new head coach. Last year I thought Keenum would be the perfect addition for this team, along with VJ getting a better chance. Wrong also. We also just recently drafted extremely well, is that something that can happen yet again in 2019? I hope so, but history says we draft more poorly than we do well.

The point I'm trying to make is that we don't know how changes will affect this team, from coaching to a drafted QB decision - for every positive it's equally as likely to be bad. This is why hires with sustained success like Harbaugh are desirable over unknown combinations of Kubiak and Munchak.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I actually felt the Bears were front runner to win the division this year. Their defense last year was also a top 10 unit, they just needed increased production from the offense that I felt Trubisky would get.

The reality is that many teams get coaching changes but no winning changes also. For every Bears coaching and QB change there's a Raiders, Titans, and Dolphins organization that doesn't improve either. It's a risk we have to take.

You make some great combinations, but I don't know if they will be slam dunk successes. In 2017 I thought Mike McCoy and Joe Woods would be perfect for a new head coach. Last year I thought Keenum would be the perfect addition for this team, along with VJ getting a better chance. Wrong also. We also just recently drafted extremely well, is that something that can happen yet again in 2019? I hope so, but history says we draft more poorly than we do well.

The point I'm trying to make is that we don't know how changes will affect this team, from coaching to a drafted QB decision - for every positive it's equally as likely to be bad. This is why hires with sustained success like Harbaugh are desirable over unknown combinations of Kubiak and Munchak.
    Fair points!

I'm not guaranteeing success. I just think some of the combinations we're looking at have a much higher chance of success than some of us think

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Fair points!

I'm not guaranteeing success. I just think some of the combinations we're looking at have a much higher chance of success than some of us think
    People are reluctant to go with an unknown right now after the Vance Joseph incompetent era!

We’ve gotta chose somebody and soon and the sad thing is there aren’t many available that are truly ready for the responsibilities!

What sounds so ridiculous is the guys that want all the generals and no soldiers. The guys that suggest crap like this

Jim Harbaugh HC
    Mike Shanahan OC
    Rex Ryan DC

As if something like that would ever work! 😂

This would be my ideal somewhat realistic scenario, which retains some of the current staff:

Head Coach: Vic Fangio
    Offensive Coordinator: Mike Kafka
    Defensive Coordinator: Kris Richard
    Special Teams Coordinator: Tom McMahon
    QB Coach/Asst. Head Coach: Gary Kubiak
    OL Coach: Sean Kugler
    DL Coach: Bill Kollar
    RB Coach: Curtis Modkins
    WR Coach: Zach Azzanni
    DB Coach: Ed Donatell
    ILB Coach: Reggie Herring
    OLB Coach: DeMarcus Ware

While they wouldn't be my first choice I could see Munchak as HC and Greg Roman as a solid OC candidate.

Broncos are also blocking teams from interviewing Sean Kugler. Which is interesting if Munchak is the supposed front runner.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Broncos are also blocking teams from interviewing Sean Kugler. Which is interesting if Munchak is the supposed front runner.
    This smells of Elway interfering with the new coach’s authority to hire his own staff.

No bueno, if that’s the case.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    The reason is because they are waiting for the new coach to see if he wants to retain or bring his own. They don't want to let any coach currently on staff to go before the new HC gets to have his say. The new HC will build his own position coach's staff and may want some of these guys, if not then they will be able to search for new jobs elsewhere.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    The reason is because they are waiting for the new coach to see if he wants to retain or bring his own. They don't want to let any coach currently on staff to go before the new HC gets to have his say. The new HC will build his own position coach's staff and may want some of these guys, if not then they will be able to search for new jobs elsewhere.
    That's good for the new coach I guess, doesn't help the assistants out though.

Maybe one of the candidates requested that they not leave if they're hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    That's good for the new coach I guess, doesn't help the assistants out though.

Maybe one of the candidates requested that they not leave if they're hired.
    No new head coaches have been hired around the league yet, nor have position coaches left other teams. Once you factor those in and then playoff teams that might make some changes or lose some guys, there will be plenty of openings in need of coaches.

This really isn't much of a deal at this point.

I am still throwing my weight around in wanting to see Vic as the Next Head Coach !

Just heard on NFLN that Bruce Airians is the leading candidate for the TB job. I thought he was only interesting in the Cleveland gig? If he's open to other teams, I think the Broncos should get him in a room.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    We need to trade for Flacco
    What we NEED is to trade for Nick Foles...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    What we NEED is to trade for Nick Foles...
    I'm starting to think this as well. Though I believe he is a FA next year. The Eagles would need to tag him at 25 mil and then trade him.

I dont think the Eagles would do that to him though. That would be disrespectful to him after he's been a good soldier for them. They should allow him to pick his next team, not let the highest bidder get him.

Is anyone real familiar with Fangio's scheme? From what I've been able to read about it, he runs a 2-gap 3-4 with a variety of coverage schemes. His Dline currently runs 6'5" 332 (Hicks); 6'4" 320 (Goldman); and 6'4" 290 (Nichols). Mack was the sack leader (12.5) followed by Hicks (7.5).

I haven't followed his career to know if he is married to this approach. If so, it would seem to not be as ideal of fit for the Broncos current personnel. I'm not sure how effective some of the current defensive linemen would be in transitioning to a 2-gap scheme. I'm also curious how often he sends more than 4 rushers given that none of the Broncos linemen are great pass rushers. If he's typically sending 4 rushers out of his base D, we'd likely see a lot of Miller and/or Chubb dropping into coverage on those downs with only 1 legit pass rusher among the 4 rushing.

Fangio is certainly a very good DC, just curious if we might see the defense take a step back while trying to acquire the kind of talent necessary to make his defense work?