• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mel B.
    All-Time Great
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The new coach might have to tank for Trevor. That dude is killing Alabama.
    Then that's 2 seasons worth of tanking, which will cost the new coach and a lot of other folks their jobs, cause he's just a freshman and has to play 2 more years of college ball.

Comment

• biggbenns
      Bench Warmer
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
      What about a 5 game OC and a year of QB coaching makes you think that he is in any way ready to be the HC of an NFL franchise? Cause he was number 4 in a 4 man offensive brain trust?

I dont see any other teams hiring him as their HC, so whats this other team?

I'm honestly looking for someone to have facts that support why he's ready to be an HC
      I would rather hire some up and coming offensive mind that has been around a guy who is doing the same thing, than some fossil who thinks the old ways still work. Hire the kid, get a young QB and let them go to work.

Comment

• Mel B.
        All-Time Great
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        It's looking like Munchak but i hope it's Fangio.

Me too...I'd be pissed if it's not Fangio and double pissed if it's Munchak.

But hey...with Munchak we'll have great o-line play while continuing to lose and underwhelm.

Comment

• Chop_Block
          Bench Warmer
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Bronkko View Post
          Mike Klis on iHeart radio: We Could be 24 Hours Away From Knowing Next HC

Klis says the leader so far for the gig is Mike Munchack and he isn’t sure why Vic Fangio is getting so much run. The Broncos will likely know their guy in the next 24 hours says Mike.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2019-...owing-next-hc/
          I'm really warming up to the idea of Munchak. Offensive minded, steady hand, well known and respected around the league. I'll bet he can get us a cracker jack young offensive coordinator. The man knows about everything one needs to know in the NFL today.

Comment

• Mel B.
            All-Time Great
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Bronkko View Post
            Mike Klis on iHeart radio: We Could be 24 Hours Away From Knowing Next HC

Klis says the leader so far for the gig is Mike Munchack and he isn’t sure why Vic Fangio is getting so much run. The Broncos will likely know their guy in the next 24 hours says Mike.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2019-...owing-next-hc/
            Maybe (and hopefully) Fangio is "getting so much run" because he's the actual leader for the gig and the one they really want.
            Last edited by Mel B.; 01-08-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
              Captain
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
              The problem I have is if you once again take someone who has Zero Experience and you had him the keys to the Ferrari well you will just get what has happened the last Two times Denver has tired to hire someone who could not lead themselves out of a paper bag. More than likely this Taylor Kid will be another Josh McDaniel or Vane Joseph and as a Fan I sick of seeing this team being the laughing stock of the NFL.
              So even bad experience is good experience? Josh McDaniel has HC experience why don't we bring him in?? His W/L % is .39 compared to Munchak's .45 so they're pretty much just as qualified seeing as McD has at least ran a successful offense!

Munchak's OLs he produced the last time he was a HC didnt even perform better than the one we had last year. We just had the 4th highest YPA, better than anything he had, and the 11th fewest sacks given up, fewer than all but one of his.

McD as HC had an Orton-led offense in the top half of the league in scoring.

Experience for the sake of experience is no reason to give the guy a HC job again.

Comment

• -Rod-
                #TeamBroncos
                • Mar 2008

It's worth noting that the Titans initially did not want to fire Mike Munchak after the 2013 season. They were going to give him an extension and a raise, but in return he was asked to fire some of his assistant coaches. Munchak was fired after refusing to do so. He kept the same DC, Jerry Gray, for 3 seasons. Gray was hired by Gregg Williams in 2001 to be the Bills' DC, and they had some pretty good defenses during that period [#2 defense in 2003 and 2004].
                sigpic

Comment

• Mel B.
                  All-Time Great
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by papa-pwn View Post
                  so even bad experience is good experience? Josh mcdaniel has hc experience why don't we bring him in?? His w/l % is .39 compared to munchak's .45 so they're pretty much just as qualified seeing as mcd has at least ran a successful offense!

Munchak's ols he produced the last time he was a hc didnt even perform better than the one we had last year. We just had the 4th highest ypa, better than anything he had, and the 11th fewest sacks given up, fewer than all but one of his.

Mcd as hc had an orton-led offense in the top half of the league in scoring.

experience for the sake of experience is no reason to give the guy a hc job again.

My points exactly!!! And my reason for not wanting him as HC.
                  Last edited by Mel B.; 01-08-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• OrangeCrush_304
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Jul 2011

Fangio calls his defensive plays in the coaches’ box. As a HC he needs to be on the sideline (obviously) so he possibly wouldn’t be the defensive play caller as a head coach or if he is then he’d be out of his comfort zone in calling the plays even with someone in the box he trusts.

That’s a tough transition box and sideline when calling plays offensive and defensive.
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                      Captain
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      It's worth noting that the Titans initially did not want to fire Mike Munchak after the 2013 season. They were going to give him an extension and a raise, but in return he was asked to fire some of his assistant coaches. Munchak was fired after refusing to do so. He kept the same DC, Jerry Gray, for 3 seasons. Gray was hired by Gregg Williams in 2001 to be the Bills' DC, and they had some pretty good defenses during that period [#2 defense in 2003 and 2004].
                      Much like the Shanahan/Slowik debacle? Yikes. From the looks of it, Tennessee had some poor defenses. He should have been fired.

Comment

• -Rod-
                        #TeamBroncos
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        Much like the Shanahan/Slowik debacle? Yikes. From the looks of it, Tennessee had some poor defenses. He should have been fired.
                        Titans 2013 defense: #14 in yards allowed [Broncos: #19] ; #16 in points allowed [Broncos: #22].
                        sigpic

Comment

• orange crush75
                          Captain
                          • Feb 2006

Titans 2013 defense: #14 in yards allowed [Broncos: #19] ; #16 in points allowed [Broncos: #22].
                          Nothing like cold hard facts

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                            Captain
                            • Aug 2008

What about the year prior when they were dead last in scoring defense and 27th in yards?

Comment

• sgriffeth78
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              What about the year prior when they were dead last in scoring defense?
                              What about the fact that there was a vast improvement the next year. Which was just made obvious?

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                                Captain
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
                                What about the fact that there was a vast improvement the next year. Which was just made obvious?
                                Lol. If you really think that matters why don't you go ask around why he's no longer a DC and instead coaching the secondary for the 3rd worst pass defense in the league?

Our defense went from 24th in points allowed to 13th from year 1 to year 2 of Joe Woods as DC, think he's sticking around? Nope, much like Jerry, he's in over his head and will be somewhere else coaching DBs next year.
                                Last edited by Papa-pwn; 01-08-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X