Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do we keep anyone from the 2018 coaching staff?

Just wondering if we try and keep anyone from the coaching staff after VJ was fired? I would like us to keep Bill Kollar. I like what he has done with the D line.
    Any thoughts?
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    NFL? NOT ANYMORE!!!! WFE... WORLD FOOTBALL ENTERTAINMENT

They should keep 5 of them: the 2 o-line coaches, the RB and WR coaches and Kollar.

I like the two OL coaches we got.

Our run game was a serious strength in 2018 even if it was under used.

I think we should keep those two guys another year and make a serious effort at improving our team pass protection talent.

We went from bottom 5 (3rd worst in 2017) and bottom 10 (9th worst in 2016) in sacks the previous two years to 22nd in sacks allowed. I know part of this is mobile QB and we still faced a lot of pressures but imo only so much can be done in one year.

Chris Strausser
    OFFENSIVE LINE-TACKLES

Sean Kugler
    OFFENSIVE LINE-GUARDS/CENTERS
    Last edited by Hadez; 12-31-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    They should keep 5 of them: the 2 o-line coaches, the RB and WR coaches and Kollar.
    I forgot about Sean Kuglar. He hasn't done a bad job considering the injuries we had on the O-line and Modkins has done a fine job with our young RBs. I would be ok with these 2 and Kollar.

I think they are only kept if the new HC wants them. Can't go down that route again.
    The new HC has to hire HIS staff.

To early yet, New HC needs to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I like the two OL coaches we got.

Our run game was a serious strength in 2018 even if it was under used.

I think we should keep those two guys another year and make a serious effort at improving our team pass protection talent.

We went from bottom 5 (3rd worst in 2017) and bottom 10 (9th worst in 2016) in sacks the previous two years to 22nd in sacks allowed. I know part of this is mobile QB and we still faced a lot of pressures but imo only so much can be done in one year.

Chris Strausser
    OFFENSIVE LINE-TACKLES

Sean Kugler
    OFFENSIVE LINE-GUARDS/CENTERS
    Up in the air about Strausser. I think our tackle play was terrible at times. Good when running the ball bad in pass protection. Could be more on the players then on Strausser.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Up in the air about Strausser. I think our tackle play was terrible at times. Good when running the ball bad in pass protection. Could be more on the players then on Strausser.
    yea even though our sacks allow stat improved I would like to see the hits stats and pressure stats. My eyes saw a lot of pressure at times we just had a more mobile qb than past years.

I do think it is more than the OL tho. Our TE and RBs did not do much to help in pass protection all season.

With pass protection as bad as it was in previous years (9th worst in 2016 and 3rd worst in 2017) imo it was a 2 year project at best when these guys came in last year. Considering how weak our player improvements were in 2018 off season I was really impressed with the job the OL coaches did.

I have high hopes on our young trio of RBs (Freeman, Lindsay and Jano) getting better as pass protection this off season. If we can add a good TE plus a couple good OL than I think we can get much better in 2019.

Well, that is really the Head coaches decision unless of course the Front office tells him he has to. However, while we did have a pretty good run game for the most part our pass protection sucked and that is a product of the oflc... I would but all of them save possibly the strength coach...lol. And that is honesty because I have no clue if he is worth a damn or not.

All members of the staff are still under contract and it sounds like the new head coach will get to decide who stays and who goes. It's rare that they don't give the coaches the chance to seek other opportunities in the meantime, so they must be pretty high on at least a few of them.

Bill Kollar needs to be retained as well

Looks like all the assistant coaches are free to interview elsewhere. I'm sure some from last year will be retained but I just really hope we keep Bill Kollar.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...view-elsewhere

All assistant coachs have been given permission to interview elsewhere.

Report: All Broncos assistant coaches are free to interview elsewhere
    There is at least one assistant that needs to meet with Vic Fangio right now. Bear Wrestler meet The Godfather.
    By Tim Lynch on January 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Not long after the Denver Broncos formally introduced Vic Fangio as the next head coach of the team, the current crop of assistant coaches were notified they were free to interview elsewhere.

That Fangio might consider retaining some of those assistants is interesting and if there is one assistant on most fans minds it would be none other than defensive line coach Bill Kollar.

Bear wrestler meets The Godfather. Something tells me those two might be kindred spirits. Hereís to hoping we see Kollar in the orange and blue implementing Fangioís vision for elite defensive play in 2019.

Other assistants to consider are those on the offensive side. While Gary Kubiakís future isnít yet set in stone as offensive coordinator, it has been reported that two assistants he would be looking to bring in immediately are long-time cohorts Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani.

Dennison most recently gashed the Broncos for over 300 yards rushing as the offensive line coach and run-game coordinator for the New York Jets. Despite that 300 yard effort, his unit finished 29th in yards per carry and 26th in total rushing yards in 2018.

https://www.milehighreport.com/platf...mpression=true

Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-10-2019 at 06:06 PM.

If the names of who we are keeping have been released I can't find them