Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyone catch Elway's comments regarding Von?

He said they would look into all options regarding Von, insinuating a possible trade.

Things are about to get very interesting in Broncos Country...

I didn't hear that exactly - but ........ coulda missed it.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

It doesnt seem likely... but if thereís an offer Elway canít refuse everyone is on the trade block. Itís smart move by Elway, but I doubt Miller is traded.

I think he'd have to be open to listening to any offer for any player...except for Jay Cutler, because that leads to a meltdown. Obviously the Cutler thing was a joke. But the team has won 11 games over two years, you need to be willing to listen to any offer that could help improve the team long term. But I don't think he'd pull a Gruden and openly antagonize the player before trading him.

How high a pick in the first could we get with von.One or two firsts?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think he'd have to be open to listening to any offer for any player...except for Jay Cutler, because that leads to a meltdown. Obviously the Cutler thing was a joke. But the team has won 11 games over two years, you need to be willing to listen to any offer that could help improve the team long term. But I don't think he'd pull a Gruden and openly antagonize the player before trading him.
    Mack was holding out, which in fairness put Gruden in a tough spot (not to say he handled it correctly). If Mack was not holding out and playing, there's probably an almost 0% chance he gets traded.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    How high a pick in the first could we get with von.One or two firsts?
    Picks for a game changing defensive player is a bad idea

When one does not have a franchise qb that only real weapon are the pass rushers to stop the opposing franchise qb

You have seen how many picks we have missed on recently to have an idea how a good elite top 10-20 player in the NFL can easily turn into a couple bust picks.

I took it as Elway is not going to rule anything out at the moment. When you finish 5-11 and 6-10 you'd be foolish to not listen to offers.

I don't think Elway will let Von go. He has said many times he is a generational player. I do think he wants Von to play better, and part of that is a coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Mack was holding out, which in fairness put Gruden in a tough spot (not to say he handled it correctly). If Mack was not holding out and playing, there's probably an almost 0% chance he gets traded.
    He started saying things before the holdout ever even started. In the summer he made the comment that their defense was terrible with Mack and implied that he wasn't that good. Add in that he reportedly never even tried to talk to Mack from the time he was hired until the time Mack was traded.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ore-confusing/

Elwayís comments confirm they will evaluate every player on the roster. We donít know if Von will be traded but the comments opened the door. Consider all options.

Von is a generational player however heíll be 30 next season. He didnít finish the season like a generational player. Regardless of the coaching you expect a player like Von to perform at a high level for the entire season - he did not.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-31-2018 at 01:15 PM.

I believe that comment was made about giving up draft picks for Harbaugh. He did say he believed Miller can play better.

Man people read way too much into anything. Elway has always said he will listen to any and all offers for everybody.

Someone asking specifically about Von doesnít change his answer and it also doesnít mean elway is looking to trade him. He does and should always listen to all offers. Doesnít mean he will accept them.

I don't see Elway giving up his baby(first draft pick ever). A generational player. A player that pretty much won SB 50 by himself. A player that made it possible for Elway to say "This ones for Pat" Von is 30 but still an elite player. Anything is possible I guess I just don't see it happening.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    NFL? NOT ANYMORE!!!! WFE... WORLD FOOTBALL ENTERTAINMENT

Bad idea. Look what happened with the raiders and mack. Would you rather have von, a proven commodity or two late round firsts which, despite last years draft... still probably wouldn't amount to much.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Man people read way too much into anything. Elway has always said he will listen to any and all offers for everybody.

Someone asking specifically about Von doesn’t change his answer and it also doesn’t mean elway is looking to trade him. He does and should always listen to all offers. Doesn’t mean he will accept them.
    agree

If Elway turned down a Luck for Von deal people would hammer him.

Think he is just saying anyone available for the right price. The deal that would make him part ways with Von would probably never happen but he will listen.