Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    While I'm starting to question Elway, I think he would be irresponsible not to listen to any offer. I love Von and would like him to retire a Bronco. However, there were a LOT of games this year when I wondered where Von went. He no-shows on way too many games. I'm not talking about sacks or plays even - I'm talking about mediocre effort. There are a ton of plays when he's just soft pedaling. He seems to think one sack makes up for bad games. It's frustrating because if Von had JJ Watt's motor, he would be talked about as the best LB ever, along with LT. He keeps talking about "leading." I want him to lead by effort and example on every play he's on the field.

I think Bronco fans need to brace themselves for a Von trade. With the amount of holes that we need filled to get back to competing that is the only way to get the ammunition we need. Von is still at his peak but in another year or 2 he is going to start slipping and his production is going to start going down. The days of staying with the team that drafted you is long gone, he is going to leave at some point because Elway has Chubb to fall back on and he won't want to pay Von that 2nd big contract.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Indy isn't going to trade Luck and I doubt if we trade Miller. Get new, fresh coaching and see if our team isn't much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    Indy isn't going to trade Luck and I doubt if we trade Miller. Get new, fresh coaching and see if our team isn't much better!
    I'm not saying I want him gone by any means but I think you know that it is going to be a real possibility. Whether he shops him outright or takes calls on him it wouldn't surprise me if he dealt him to not only get relief from his cap hit but to also use that money to buy other much needed free agents. Bill Belichick tried to trade Gronk last year and deals defenders like they are gum balls out of a quarter machine. Other GMs look at Bills success and try to replicate that

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    How high a pick in the first could we get with von.One or two firsts?
    Two firsts? Are you nuts? No one would give that up for a player of Von's age and contract demand

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Two firsts? Are you nuts? No one would give that up for a player of Von's age and contract demand
    The Raiders got two 1st round picks for Mack and he's also got a huge contract. He's also only two years older than Miller. I think Von would net a similar return.

von millers :

CONTRACT TERMS:6 yr(s) / $114,100,000 SIGNING BONUS$17,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$19,016,667 GTD AT SIGN:$42,000,000 TOTAL GTD:$70,000,000 FREE AGENT:2022 / UFA

2019 Contract details
    $17,000,000 base
    $3,400,000 signing bonus
    $500,000 workout bonus
    $4,225,000 restructure
    $25,125,000 cap
    $28,475,000 dead cap

POTENTIAL OUT: 2020, 4 YR, $78,500,000; $11,850,000 DEAD CAP

Looking at this it makes some business sense that miller may be a candidate to save $$$. Getting 2 1st round picks would make it a possibility to fill 3 key positions in the first round.
    Last edited by colowoz; 01-02-2019 at 09:55 PM.

I LOVE Von, but this is a business and everyone has a price. What if someone offered us 2 firsts like Mack? Or a top 10 QB (if thereís a meltdown situation on another team hypothetically).

I'd take Baker Mayfield straight up for him right now.

Sad thing is Cleveland wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Trade Von and Keenum to the Lions for Matt Stafford?
    Wouldn't touch s he is on the downhill side of his career, IMO

with out Von or Chubb we go from being an above average Defense to a below Average defense. our cbs have been trash this year. there has been miller and chubb on the pass rushing front, but do you know the 3rd most sacks on the team. 3 with a tie between gotsis and barrett. we have a really good Pass rush and its been keeping this defense a float, but with out it. we have below average ILB and DBs. an Average line. then you can add the fact both Barrett and Ray look on the way out you really want to move into a season with Chubb and holland as your starting edge rusher? we really need to see if Walker can develop into an interior pass rusher.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I know this is a big ďifĒ letís say Nick Foles takes the eagles far into the playoffs or another Super Bowl. Letís say we call the eagles and offer von for wentz. Iím telling you if the eagles go far there is a QB controversy in philly.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I know this is a big ďifĒ letís say Nick Foles takes the eagles far into the playoffs or another Super Bowl. Letís say we call the eagles and offer von for wentz. Iím telling you if the eagles go far there is a QB controversy in philly.
    I said that earlier too, and I would do it

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    No there isn't. Foles is a great insurance policy, but Went is their guy going into the future. Foles will go and get starter money somewhere else.

Wentz has been hurt a few times, I would be a little worried about his durability?