Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I wasnít pointing at you or anyone in particular. Just skimming through the pages m and thatís what it felt like. If you took it towards you, I do apologize. I wouldíve quoted you if so.
    No offense taken.

I meant to say that I hadnít seen anyone turning Von but it came out wrong. Iím on probation So I donít have the ability to go back and correct my posts at the moment. LOL

Elway and Von could both perform better.

Well to get back on topic, if we had to trade Von Iíd hope itíd be for Russel Wilson and not Matt Stafford as many others have stated would be a likely scenario.

Again Iím not for trading Von but Carol has flirted with the idea of dealing Wilson so heíd be the only option and Von would be their best option in a trade as well.

Imagine Wilson in Kubiaks offense with Lindsay and Jano!

I think we need to start realizing that Von Miller is probably not going to retire here, not with the cap hit he has at 25 million in 2019 and 2020. That's the sad thing of it - he is going to be paid the same as Stafford but have only a fraction of the impact on games that a QB has. If Elway is seriously considering a full rebuild - and he should - Von is going to be traded.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Honestly at this point. Depending what we could get for him if we got some stupid offer I would take it. Idk something like 2 1sts 2 2nds or something. Or Wilson Iíd take him ina heartbeat

I would HOPE that Elway is smarter then Jon Gruden. He is right though, Von Miller Can play better! AND, Vons MOMMY is right too! He IS the reason they won the SuperBowl No Offense playing #50, but so was the REST of that Defense They had one of the best Defenses of all time in 2015, and one of the best Defensive Coaching minds of all time too, Wade Phillips. She is also PAINFULLY right that all his QB choices since Peyton has been a MAJOR FAIL! Considering their second best QB since 2010 has been TEBOW, and he didn't pick him in the draft, then you have issues! LOL!

I am thinking this could go bad, if he doesn't do damage control with Von, you WILL NOT get another defensive player even close to him in the same league. Might as well consider him gone! It will remain to be seen what Elway will do next. He made all the right moves 2011-2015. Now, 2015 to present, nothing but the wrong moves since. Got to give John one more chance, with this next coach, and this next QB, yes , NEXT QB, this clown has a junior HIGH SCHOOL STENGTH ARM< LMAO! We will have to see how he handles the Von Miller fiasco too. If it is another Coaching fail, another worthless 20 million weakarmed QB pick, and him running more players out of Denver, then it is good bye JOHN!

That is something I thought I personally would never have to even utter, he has brought us 3 rings after all.

time will tell
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    I would HOPE that Elway is smarter then Jon Gruden. He is right though, Von Miller Can play better! AND, Vons MOMMY is right too! He IS the reason they won the SuperBowl No Offense playing #50, but so was the REST of that Defense They had one of the best Defenses of all time in 2015, and one of the best Defensive Coaching minds of all time too, Wade Phillips. She is also PAINFULLY right that all his QB choices since Peyton has been a MAJOR FAIL! Considering their second best QB since 2010 has been TEBOW, and he didn't pick him in the draft, then you have issues! LOL!

I am thinking this could go bad, if he doesn't do damage control with Von, you WILL NOT get another defensive player even close to him in the same league. Might as well consider him gone! It will remain to be seen what Elway will do next. He made all the right moves 2011-2015. Now, 2015 to present, nothing but the wrong moves since. Got to give John one more chance, with this next coach, and this next QB, yes , NEXT QB, this clown has a junior HIGH SCHOOL STENGTH ARM< LMAO! We will have to see how he handles the Von Miller fiasco too. If it is another Coaching fail, another worthless 20 million weakarmed QB pick, and him running more players out of Denver, then it is good bye JOHN!

That is something I thought I personally would never have to even utter, he has brought us 3 rings after all.

time will tell
    You're very correct except that there's an old saying, everything is for sale for the right price. There's probably at least 30-31 other teams that would covet Von enough to throw an insane deal to Elway.

I see it this way.....if someone is desperate for Von's services, and will overpay in player/draft capital, we look closer. If for some reason Seattle wanted him for Russ, we might want to look much closer. If a team wants to overpay us strictly in draft picks, we may want to push them for more.

When a player is at the top of his game, but perhaps looking more towards decline than improved play, you can max out. Not so if that player shows significant decline. Therefore one or two years can completely change the trade possibilities.

So, if we get incredible offers for Von, I would be ok with considering a deal. A deal of this magnitude could be the game changer we need. For me, even if just acquiring multiple draft picks, imagine what we could do with them. Say we landed our QB for the future plus a pro bowler. Look at how Indy is a new look team, with Nelson and Leonard. Of course Cleveland had great picks, but in one year they selected their QB, CB, RB, a speedster WR, and more. That's like a one year rebuild!

So sure, lets listen. Not expecting a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams outcome.....but who knows!!!

If we can get multiple 1st and 2nds for Von or multiple 1st and s solid player I dump him in a heartbeat.

Von is value added now. If you move him, you better be dang sure you replace him with pieces that will add value immediately. Even in a rebuild, you need some valuable players.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    If we can get multiple 1st and 2nds for Von or multiple 1st and s solid player I dump him in a heartbeat.
    Agreed! This is a business, and both sides play it....organization and player. If someone wants to sell the proverbial farm for Von, we should sign on the dotted line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Von is value added now. If you move him, you better be dang sure you replace him with pieces that will add value immediately. Even in a rebuild, you need some valuable players.
    I understand and concur. If we did not have Chubb, I might not even consider. But Chubb is the player we were needing, for continuity. And say we find our QB for the future, and we add a quality ILB, and build around accordingly, even add an edge rusher, the sum could be significantly greater than what we have today.

That is why the Chubb selection was more valuable than I would have even thought.

Von Miller's trade value ?

What could we realistically expect in return for Von Miller ?

Same as Mac....give or take,..he already has his mega contract and it’s cheaper than Macs

The deal was:

Oakland got th bears first-round selections in 2019 and 2020, a sixth-rounder next year and a third-rounder in 2020. Oakland also included its second-round selection in 2020.
    Last edited by EddieMac; 01-05-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

The best we can hope for is two high round picks, ideally a first and a second. This talk of a team giving a franchise quarterback and multiple 1st rounders for Miller is not going to happen. If it's a first from a top 10 draft picking team along with a decent player, I say we take that deal. I love Von Miller as much as anyone else. I have a color rush jersey with his name and number. But when it comes to the team, I'm for making the Broncos a better team overall. He's going to turn 30 this year and paid 25 million this season and the next. As good as he is, 50 million needs to spent on improving the huge holes we have elsewhere on the roster.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The best we can hope for is two high round picks, ideally a first and a second. This talk of a team giving a franchise quarterback and multiple 1st rounders for Miller is not going to happen. If it's a first from a top 10 draft picking team along with a decent player, I say we take that deal. I love Von Miller as much as anyone else. I have a color rush jersey with his name and number. But when it comes to the team, I'm for making the Broncos a better team overall. He's going to turn 30 this year and paid 25 million this season and the next. As good as he is, 50 million needs to spent on improving the huge holes we have elsewhere on the roster.
    We take a $20 million range cap hit if we trade him before June 1st. It drops down into the $10 million range after June 1st. Butler may know the exact numbers.