View Poll Results: What is the easiest hole to fix through free agency?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

1 5.88%
  • CB

4 23.53%
  • ILB

8 47.06%
  • TE

0 0%
  • Coaching

5 29.41%
  • Something else.

1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the easiest hole to fix in free agency?

1. QB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. Coaching
    5. TE
    6. Other

I'd say you can find a decent CB, or veteran WR in FA.

Other than coach I'd say any position. Just depends on what a team is looking for. As for the Broncos, probably middle linebacker. Left tackle and get rid of Holder Bolles.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-01-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endaround View Post
    1. QB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. Coaching
    5. TE
    6. Other
    Other - Safety. There will be several good free agent safeties. I think its time to replace Stewart.

Of the choices given, ILB is clearly the easiest to fill. TE is the only position listed with less value than ILB, and really great ILBs don't influence the games as much as a tight-end like Gronkowski. Kuechly had a lot of tackles (10) against us in the Superbowl 3 years ago, but he wasn't a difference maker. And I remember more than once when CJ Anderson "freight trained" Kuechly.

As to "Coaching"? That's not part of "Free Agency" per se, and will be easy to fill because it HAS to be filled.

We will not know until after tags are places and teams resign their own players

The S market is pretty strong this year: Amos, Collins, Mathieu, Earl, Joyner, Dix. Would love one of those in Denver.

Everyone talks about drafting a CB high, i'd rather grab one in free agency. Some options but not great: Breeland, Darby, Rowe, Verrett, Melvin, Kareem Jackson even our own Roby.

There's some good LB's as well: KJ Wright, Kwon Alexander, CJ Mosely, Jordan Hicks, Perryman, Deone Buccannon, Anthony Barr.

RT has a couple of good ones: Daryl Williams and Juwan James who we've been linked to in the past.

Not much at TE, i wouldnt be against re-signing Heaurman to a team friendly deal, he did better late in the season. It's a good TE class for the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    The S market is pretty strong this year: Amos, Collins, Mathieu, Earl, Joyner, Dix. Would love one of those in Denver.

Everyone talks about drafting a CB high, i'd rather grab one in free agency. Some options but not great: Breeland, Darby, Rowe, Verrett, Melvin, Kareem Jackson even our own Roby.

There's some good LB's as well: KJ Wright, Kwon Alexander, CJ Mosely, Jordan Hicks, Perryman, Deone Buccannon, Anthony Barr.

RT has a couple of good ones: Daryl Williams and Juwan James who we've been linked to in the past.

Not much at TE, i wouldnt be against re-signing Heaurman to a team friendly deal, he did better late in the season. It's a good TE class for the draft.
    I don't know if we'll be spending a lot of big money for free agents even though the cap space is large. This team is embracing a full rebuild soon, and that can mean vet players leaving. I would imagine that also means not signing a lot of expensive free agents. Unless Elway thinks we're going to the playoffs or Superbowl with Keenum, then we have to imagine the plan isn't for the immediate future but likely at least two or three years out before we start seeing success.

I went CB because there are a couple within reach at top ten.

Good O-line crop too but none worthy of that early a pick.
    [

Team Building Blocks

I've been looking through the roster recently, and, honestly, I'm struggling to find players I would consider building blocks for the future.

We have a handful of very good to elite veterans like Von, Harris, and Sanders, but they aren't players I see as being around long-term and two of them are coming off injury. I feel like the roster is full of underachieving draft picks (Bolles, Walker) and overpaid, past-their-prime vets (Wolfe, Marshall, Stewart). Roby may actually be a combination of overpaid and underachieving if he sticks around.

How many of our players do we think would entice a coach to take this job? The only really solid building blocks, in my opinion, are Chubb, Lindsay, and Sutton (who is still raw and inconsistent).

We certainly will find a coach to take it, but I'm not sure it will be a highly-desired candidate leaguewide with openings that possess young franchise QB's while we lack talent and youth at QB and overall roster talent from years of below average drafts. And with Elway sticking around, who knows if the drafting will get any better.

Go Broncos
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
    I've been looking through the roster recently, and, honestly, I'm struggling to find players I would consider building blocks for the future.

We have a handful of very good to elite veterans like Von, Harris, and Sanders, but they aren't players I see as being around long-term and two of them are coming off injury. I feel like the roster is full of underachieving draft picks (Bolles, Walker) and overpaid, past-their-prime vets (Wolfe, Marshall, Stewart). Roby may actually be a combination of overpaid and underachieving if he sticks around.

How many of our players do we think would entice a coach to take this job? The only really solid building blocks, in my opinion, are Chubb, Lindsay, and Sutton (who is still raw and inconsistent).

We certainly will find a coach to take it, but I'm not sure it will be a highly-desired candidate leaguewide with openings that possess young franchise QB's while we lack talent and youth at QB and overall roster talent from years of below average drafts. And with Elway sticking around, who knows if the drafting will get any better.

Go Broncos
    I don't see the Jets, Cards, Bucs, Dolphins, or Bengals being more attractive than Denver. Darnold and Rosen are still just potential franchise QBs. Dalton is average and Winston is erratic. Tannehill is nothing special. Green Bay looks good strictly because of Rodgers, and he's getting older. Odd as it sounds, the Browns are probably the most attractive.

We have Chubb and Miller to anchor the front D, along with CHJ at corner. We have Sanders. Past that we have potential at many positions starting with 2 young rbs. There is a good bit of young talent on this team that with the right coaches, can be developed. We already have a good bit of cap space going into FA and I'm guessing there is going to be more. We also have a top 10 pick to work with. More importantly than all that imo, we also have an organization that has not been afraid to do what it takes to win and we have a great history of doing just that. The only reason I can see why a coach wouldn't want to come here is because they don't believe in their own ability. But then there is always the Bengals job.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post

Go Broncos
    Bolles has developed more and more over the past two years. He had little experience in college and with proper teaching could be very good, hell he was strong enough to man handle Joey Bosa like a rag doll, too bad it was a holding call lol.

Wolfe is probably one of our most consistent run stoppers, and is actually paid less than what most DEs of his caliber are making. I never understood why people are so hung up to get rid of him. I don't care about his lack of sacks, he is very good against the run, and he bats quite few balls as well, and he has been loyal to this team through tough injuries, and taking a far lower salary tha other DE's when others whined and ran off to greener pastures only to not produce (malik cough, cough).

Roby is what he is, a decent second corner, most teams have the same, a good starter and a decent guy that gets picked on, we are just spoiled to have had CHJ and 2 Chainz with Roby as a 3 who was Great for a 3.

Von is still one of the best Outside Linebackers in the league, he plays the run very well, he rushes the passer at an elite level, and he is a leader in the locker room, very much a building block. Along with the rookies, I feel like we are good balance of young and older building blocks as we move forward.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

I think the 2 rookie RBs along with some young talent at WR, and of course Von and Chubb, are some of the brighter lights. Interesting that all but one are rookies!

I have some concerns though, that we have not found any QB that will last, and as well, have not made our Oline a priority.

Going forward, I believe we need to put emphasis into these building blocks:

- Obviously a QB (or two)
    - Building a foundation around our Oline. I should not have to even say this, but if you form a team, you take care of the Oline. You can find RBs even as mid round draft picks. I keep saying it, but look how far Indy is ahead by landing a terrific LG in Nelson. Pro bowl! Not only that, Indy went from most sacks to least in just one season. Not all because of Nelson, but he certainly helped.
    - Improving the middle of our D, another foundational requirement. It's high time we put some investment into a top tier ILB! Sure, we have the Edge Rushers, but we need to strengthen the middle, and that also includes a DT. And in that vein, perhaps another Safety.

Listen, this team has some positive elements. But when we sometimes debate if "you are your record" applies to us, I have said yes, because our coaching and QBing alone were dismal. They are key elements of "who you are'. But we did not have enough of other foundational goods, primarily on the Oline, and I would venture to say, up the middle defensively.

So....lets do the deed....new coach, hopefully new QB, and some vital upgrades on Oline and on D. Lets build a strong team, for years to come!

I think this team has plenty to build on. On offense there is the obvious missing piece at QB and there is no guarantee that it gets fixed this offseason. While I have high hopes it does we all know its the hardest position to get right.

The positives....

Elway = for all the heat that some here put on him, he puts the heat on himself too and having the competitor that he is in place makes for a guy who will do what it takes to get the job done. With the cap space available this offseason and his willingness to make the necessary moves I expect this to be an aggressive offseason by him.

Lindsay/Freeman combo = I think no matter the head coach they look at this backfield and feel good about being able to move the ball on the ground. Having a good ground game is the coach's and QBs best friend

Good young group of WR's = Sutton and Hamilton will be here for a long time and I feel good about their ability to progress. Free agency usually always brings in some fresh talent and I fully expect Sanders to be here next season.

The obvious, edge rushers = Von and Chubb might just be the best edge rush combo in the whole league. With the speed of Von and the all around power of Chubb I expect these guys to dominate next season.

Gotsis/Kerr/Harris = These guys have progressed and are turning into a really talented group. Gotsis and Shelby especially, They are going to give Elway a reason to move on from the often injured Wolfe

The Meh....

The offensive line = I am one who doesn't really think that Bolles is all that bad. I know he holds a lot and may not be built for the left side but he is really good, imo, in the run game. I don't know if a change to the right side will fix anything but I think maybe a guy like Munchak could get the best out of him. Outside of Paradis I don't think there is much to brag about on the line and that is why I expect Elway to do some major shuffling around.

Safety = I really like Simmons but he can't do it on his own and I think they ask too much of him. I like Parks and some of the other young guys but, imo, Stewert needs to go

The bad.........

Quarterback = Need I say more??!?!?!!? It is bad and it is time to make a move in the draft and get one of the best. It will be a gamble no matter this year or 2020 or 2021 or 4000, taking a QB is always a gamble. This draft has some good ones regardless of what some think and well worth the gamble whether it's Haskins, Jones, Lock or Grier.....they are all right now better than what we currently roster.

Offensive line = I know they were under "meh" too but it has been a weak spot for years. Its time to get that back on track, I don't know if its been good since Tom Nalen was under center.

ILB = You know I love me some Jewell and I don't just think, I know he will be a good pro....But.....the other guys around him?? YIKES!! Marshall and Todd are bad and I'm not even sure they would be good backups at the moment. No question this needs to be a major priority this offseason

Defensive backs = Just like Simmons, Harris can't do it all and he's getting older. The depth is bad and it is in need of a major overhaul
    Last edited by JvDub95; 01-02-2019 at 05:51 PM.