View Poll Results: Who Do You Want As HC?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chuck Pagano

6 8.70%
  • Zac Taylor

5 7.25%
  • Vic Fangio

25 36.23%
  • Mike Munchak

8 11.59%
  • Brian Flores

1 1.45%
  • Other

24 34.78%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I will take the young offensive mind who learned under McVay. No more DC choices for coaches.

Think I'm going Libertarian on this one... The conformist in me says Fangio, but the masochist says Flores.

Well no matter who it is, some people will be disappointed and upset, some people will be left scratching there heads and the others will be happy

Just heard on the radio that Elway and Ellis are interviewing the candidates separately. Ugh. It just seems like the Shanahan thing caused some sour feelings. Even though they said they were on the same page, a move like this seems like the opposite, at least the optics of it. So, whoever they hire, looks like Ellis has the 51% of the vote. Hopefully he is open to a coach with new ideas instead of a stale old guard re-tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Just heard on the radio that Elway and Ellis are interviewing the candidates separately. Ugh. It just seems like the Shanahan thing caused some sour feelings. Even though they said they were on the same page, a move like this seems like the opposite, at least the optics of it. So, whoever they hire, looks like Ellis has the 51% of the vote. Hopefully he is open to a coach with new ideas instead of a stale old guard re-tread.
    Sounds as if Eliss doesnt have as much confidence in Elway anymore. IMO Elway want a defensive coordinator for HC as long as he has Gary as his OC however if Joe is not impressed with Fangio or Pagano, he’ll block the hire.

Now I understand that Joe said Elway would do the hiring entirely but what he left out was “after I sign off and approve his hire”!

In a sense it almost seems as if John has become a middle man now because ultimate Joe is going to make this hire. Yes Elway will bring in the candidates but they damn well better impress Joe enough otherwise it ain’t happening.

Can you really blame Joe Eliss after the incompetent hiring of Vance Joseph when Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay were out there? This is why joe will be a lot more involved this time!

I don't think that looks bad at all. Ellis and Elway are on the same page and are talking to each other about these matters. All of that has been explicitly stated by both men and reported very recently -want quotes?

Many organizations will conduct multiple interviews with multiple interviewers for an important, high profile job. Nothing odd about that at all.

Paige reported recently that Ellis pushed for the McDoof and VJ hires so I would say he's open to the "new ideas"/unproven rookie HC, maybe too much so since both of those guys were obviously horrible choices.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Perhaps Eliss wants a separate interview so he can assure whichever candidate that they will have the power to bring in their own staff overruling John. Perhaps this is what is needed!

I once worked in a kitchen at retirement home when I was a teenager anyway we had a kitchen manager with one year of experience actually telling a chef of 25 five years what was necessary and what wasn’t in order to run his kitchen.

Bad example maybe but how is Vic Fangio going to come in here and rule over Bill Kollar or Reggie Herring? Most of us have worked under a new boss at a job where we’ve been for years and it’s something you’ve got to get used to but it takes time and maybe too much time in the business of pro football. Any coach may not feel so comfortable doing such, he want his own guys and that’s ok but is it ok with Elway?

Joe is going to overrule John on this hiring and that is why these interviews are separate!

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I don't think that looks bad at all. Ellis and Elway are on the same page and are talking to each other about these matters. All of that has been explicitly stated by both men and reported very recently -want quotes?

Many organizations will conduct multiple interviews with multiple interviewers for an important, high profile job. Nothing odd about that at all.

Paige reported recently that Ellis pushed for the McDoof and VJ hires so I would say he's open to the "new ideas"/unproven rookie HC, maybe too much so since both of those guys were obviously horrible choices.
    Come on man, what else are they going to say publicly? That’s like the dreaded vote of confidence before getting the axe. Like I said, after the Shanahan news got out, the optics of them speaking with candidates separately seems odd. Hopefully they can agree on someone instead of one loves, the other likes.

It makes no sense for the HC candidates to be interviewed separately by Elway and Ellis. It's not even efficient in terms of time management for both sides. The only reason I can think of is that Ellis is evaluating Elway, not just the HC candidates. Ellis will talk privately with these coaches, get an idea - without Elway's presence - on who is or isn't a good fit for the job, but let Elway make his decision alone. Depending on the results in 2019-2020, Ellis might hold Elway accountable for making another poor hire with a detailed impression of the other coaches that were not hired.

This might be Elway's last contract with the Broncos, while Ellis is making sure he will be around for a long time unless Bill Bowlen wins his lawsuit.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Come on man, what else are they going to say publicly? That’s like the dreaded vote of confidence before getting the axe. Like I said, after the Shanahan news got out, the optics of them speaking with candidates separately seems odd. Hopefully they can agree on someone instead of one loves, the other likes.
    Come on man, this sounds like the folks who say all the news is "fake" and read Alex Jones InfoWars conspiracy news instead. I think we can take them at face value on this matter and their words seem sincere. Aside from that and just looking at it logically, they have to communicate and cooperate as the welfare of the Broncos and their own livelihoods depend on their doing so.

Separate interviews is wise. It won't overwhelm and intimidate the candidate by having them face a virtual committee of inquisitors. One on one, they can just sit down together on a more human level and get real, and then compare notes after.
    Last edited by L.M.; 01-03-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

When I got hired I had an Interview Panel of 3....When I was hiring for Temps they had to conduct the Interview with 8 of us lol talk about Intimidating lol.. I take no stock in separate interviews. What I do take Stock in is in the Right Hire !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sounds as if Eliss doesnt have as much confidence in Elway anymore. IMO Elway want a defensive coordinator for HC as long as he has Gary as his OC however if Joe is not impressed with Fangio or Pagano, he’ll block the hire.

Now I understand that Joe said Elway would do the hiring entirely but what he left out was “after I sign off and approve his hire”!

In a sense it almost seems as if John has become a middle man now because ultimate Joe is going to make this hire. Yes Elway will bring in the candidates but they damn well better impress Joe enough otherwise it ain’t happening.

Can you really blame Joe Eliss after the incompetent hiring of Vance Joseph when Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay were out there? This is why joe will be a lot more involved this time!
    Kyle Shanahan hasn't done very well and Sean McVay likely wanted to be the coach of a very talented team in a new and exciting city

I choose Vic. Denver won on Defense lets do it again !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Ellis pushed for McDaniels, I believe Russell pushed for Vance Joseph with Ellis backing him, while Elway has pushed for Fox and Kubiak. Elway wanted to fire Joseph for Mike Shannahan after one season. There’s a trend here that seems to be Elway preferring experience while Ellis wants youth. That trend was there in Elways first few drafts and reappeared last draft as well. Ellis and Elway seem to be at odds with each side trying to play the media and I believe Elway’s contract negotiations lasted so long because Ellis wanted to have more power so he could receive more credit. Ellis is refusing to put out a clear criteria for a new owner and it seems to me like he’s trying to establish himself as a qualified candidate to be an owner.

My vote would either be Pagano or Fangio. I lean Pagano because he has head coaching experience and I dont think he was as bad as people seem to think