View Poll Results: Who Do You Want As HC?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chuck Pagano

6 8.70%
  • Zac Taylor

5 7.25%
  • Vic Fangio

25 36.23%
  • Mike Munchak

8 11.59%
  • Brian Flores

1 1.45%
  • Other

24 34.78%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I keep seeing Kyle's name pop up, WHY? He has done nothing, he had a worst record than VJ and passed to much at the end of the SUPER BOWL and lost the game. He even had a better QB then we've had the last 2 years after his starter got hurt. Who ever they get to coach this team needs to be able to find a why to score. For as much as people complain the "D" has keep us in games for the last 3 years. The offense has almost given up as many points as our "D". 😳

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    I keep seeing Kyle's name pop up, WHY? He has done nothing, he had a worst record than VJ and passed to much at the end of the SUPER BOWL and lost the game. He even had a better QB then we've had the last 2 years after his starter got hurt. Who ever they get to coach this team needs to be able to find a why to score. For as much as people complain the "D" has keep us in games for the last 3 years. The offense has almost given up as many points as our "D". ��
    I am not in tune to everything that has happened in San Fran with Kyle, but I think the way that Mullens performed in that offense, as an undrafted free agent, and pretty much straight out the gate, it speaks volumes to his ability to call a game and cater to his quarterbacks skill set.

Zac Taylor.

Even in just the 3 years since SB 50- the league has moved into a world where the rules/schemes dictate you can’t possibly cover everybody IMHO. The last two SBs have been arena league games. I would expect the same this year- and moving forward.

Also, both our SB winning HCs (Shanahan & Kubiak) were “grinders” from a work ethic POV (almost to the point of exhaustion), and from the offensive side of the ball. If Taylor gives off a decent hint of that unique mentality- I would be all over it.

That being said- I think Elway’s looking for an experienced/caretaker type, that can probably get us to 8/9 wins simply by providing some stability, and structure to Dove Valley.
    Last edited by Southern Bronco; 01-04-2019 at 06:14 AM.

I voted for Vic but I think I would be just fine with Pagano or Munchak. Those are the guys that have the most coaching experience and most likely to be able to handle game day situations better and not panic or be afraid to make the challenging calls. These are the guys that won't hesitate to pull a guy for being a knuckle head or pull a guy that just fumbled on his punt return duties 3 games in a row ( or something like that )

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    I keep seeing Kyle's name pop up, WHY? He has done nothing, he had a worst record than VJ and passed to much at the end of the SUPER BOWL and lost the game. He even had a better QB then we've had the last 2 years after his starter got hurt. Who ever they get to coach this team needs to be able to find a why to score. For as much as people complain the "D" has keep us in games for the last 3 years. The offense has almost given up as many points as our "D". 😳
    It's Mike Shanahans name, not Kyle. Kyle's not going anywhere any time soon in SF.

The more I read and hear I’m kinda on board with this Zac Taylor thing with Pagano as DC. Then get Zac a young hot shot QB to grow with.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Of the names floating around, I guess I would prefer Fangio.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    The more I read and hear I’m kinda on board with this Zac Taylor thing with Pagano as DC. Then get Zac a young hot shot QB to grow with.
    I think I'm in the same boat, why not go with a young guy working with McVay? Last time we passed on Shanahan and McVay and we are all regretting it.....

I dont want to look at this 3 years down the road and see Taylor is killing it for another team. There will always be older experienced guys available, certain hot ticket guys out of certain hot offenses dont pop up as often......Go get Taylor!!

Zac Taylor would be the bottom of my list. Little experience as anything but a Qb coach in an offense where McVay calls all the shots. Screams bad pick to me

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Zac Taylor would be the bottom of my list. Little experience as anything but a Qb coach in an offense where McVay calls all the shots. Screams bad pick to me
    Same thing was said about McVay too though. "Hes young and inexperienced" "not sure if hes ready to lead a locker room" ......

I think sometimes you have to take chances. The more I think about this I ask why would we want to hire another John Fox? We dont have a veteran team waiting to be lead by a veteran HC....we have a young team waiting to find an identity

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I think I'm in the same boat, why not go with a young guy working with McVay? Last time we passed on Shanahan and McVay and we are all regretting it.....

I dont want to look at this 3 years down the road and see Taylor is killing it for another team. There will always be older experienced guys available, certain hot ticket guys out of certain hot offenses dont pop up as often......Go get Taylor!!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Same thing was said about McVay too though. "Hes young and inexperienced" "not sure if hes ready to lead a locker room" ......

I think sometimes you have to take chances. The more I think about this I ask why would we want to hire another John Fox? We dont have a veteran team waiting to be lead by a veteran HC....we have a young team waiting to find an identity
    At least McVay had three years of OC experience in WA (and he did call the plays there).

After VJ and Woods, haven't we had enough inexperienced rookie cluelessness to last us a while?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    At least McVay had three years of OC experience in WA (and he did call the plays there).

After VJ and Woods, haven't we had enough inexperienced rookie cluelessness to last us a while?
    Did he?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.47b044d80e7e

McVay seems to have had input, but Gruden called the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post

Yes, I'm scared of the inexperience for sure. After McDaniels what bronco fan wouldn't be scared of the rookie HC.

But......

Just like Elway said last year about just keep swinging until you find that QB, your HC isn't that far off the same thing. At some point every great coach gets his start somewhere. Every coach in the NFL is the best of the best at what they do, its just some can't handle the everyday grind it takes to be a HC.

I like the idea of Fangio, I think keeping the defense as strong as we can keep it is a very smart thing to do.

I like the idea of Munchak, Our offensive line has gone from worst in the league a few years back to only being considered barely avg the last couple. A Munchak hire all but guarantees the line is the first thing recreated

I like the idea of Pagano, The coach with the most HC experience and he has a winning coaching record. He could be the figure that our young locker room need to look up to. He could be a guide for these kids rather than a "friend" that VJ appeared to be to them.

I am intrigued by the offensive power that Denver could become with Taylor. I think with a young man like Taylor, the team will switch to more of a Rams type offense and we still have a good defense to play complimentary football. So far for the past few years its been defense carry us....I think its time for a switch

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Did he?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.47b044d80e7e

McVay seems to have had input, but Gruden called the plays.
    This article states that McVay helped to design the gameplan, that McVay and Gruden handled the play selection on passing downs.

Gruden, McVay and Callahan tackle the composition of the play script that they will use in a game. This involves the selection of 100 to 150 plays that will best equip the team to succeed against the opponent of the week.

In games, Gruden, McVay and Callahan are on their headsets in constant communication. If Gruden feels a need to deviate from the plan, he gives the order. If McVay or Callahan has a suggestion for a change, the three discuss it and decide which direction to go.
    And McVay read off all the plays. That was the collaborative structure as of mid '15. Who knows what it was the following year.

But it doesn't matter. Back to the article I posted the other night:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...uding-you-game

Sean McVay has one heck of a football brain.

But in case that wasn't clear after he became the youngest head coach in modern NFL history last year with the Rams, this week the former Redskins offensive coordinator proved he remembers every play he's ever called.

During an appearance on an episode of Bleacher Report's "Simms & Lefkoe: The Show" released on Wednesday, McVay was asked by the hosts, Adam Lefkoe and Chris Simms, to recall random plays he called throughout his coaching career. The results are amazing,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpTGt_BoHv/

McVay was even able to remember exactly what he called during the Redskins' final drive on Week 7 in 2015 agains the Buccaneers, the game which will forever be known as the "You like that!" game.

A "Jamison Crowder wheel route down the right sideline" moved the chains on a second down from the Tampa Bay 24-yard line, and the drive ended with a "Jordan Reed touchdown off a 4x1 individual iso slant" which won the game.

Kirk Cousins grabbed all the headlines with his media-directed shout afterwards which instantly became a meme, but McVay deserves just as much attention for not only calling the plays which led to one of the greatest comebacks in Redskins history, but remembering exactly what he called three years later.
    A precise, virtually-photographic memory belies a genius IQ. The suggestion that he wasn't any more experienced than Zac Taylor is now or that they are equal is FRIGGIN" LUDICROUS!!!

People are so desperate for a piece of the Rams' success that they think that getting their waterboy will give them championship edge!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016