Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Atwater doesn't need to be in the HoF for Broncos fans to validate how good he was. He's a legend now and forever in our eyes. The guy wrecked his body in that Packers SB. Put it all on the line for that one game, and we finally reached the mountaintop. That's all I need to know. The way he played that game has always been an inspiration for me.

Congrats to Champ and Pat. I knew Champ was getting in, because he was the truth. He did everything, and was untouchable for multiple years in the league. Can't think of another corner you can say that about. Pat, I was hoping wouldn't get screwed over, and thank God he didn't. Can't wait for the induction ceremony.

Love to see Lynch get in one day, too. He's worthy. One of my favorite players of all time, and he's in my top 3 all time enforcers at safety (right there with Atwater and Lott). Dawk may have had better stats than Lynch, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather have Lynch in the old NFL.

Ty Law over Steve Atwater??

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Now let me see...where is it that Ty spent most of his career....?

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Now let me see...where is it that Ty spent most of his career....?
    Exactly....................
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Atwater doesn't need to be in the HoF for Broncos fans to validate how good he was. He's a legend now and forever in our eyes. The guy wrecked his body in that Packers SB. Put it all on the line for that one game, and we finally reached the mountaintop. That's all I need to know. The way he played that game has always been an inspiration for me.

Congrats to Champ and Pat. I knew Champ was getting in, because he was the truth. He did everything, and was untouchable for multiple years in the league. Can't think of another corner you can say that about. Pat, I was hoping wouldn't get screwed over, and thank God he didn't. Can't wait for the induction ceremony.

Love to see Lynch get in one day, too. He's worthy. One of my favorite players of all time, and he's in my top 3 all time enforcers at safety (right there with Atwater and Lott). Dawk may have had better stats than Lynch, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather have Lynch in the old NFL.
    I disagree about Atwater. Being deprived of a rightfully deserved honor is a disgrace. Some men go to the grave deprived of an honor that deserve while less deserving players from legacy teams (Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Giants) get in solely because of their franchise. I canít accept that silver lining.

Last year Atwater had to contend with B Dawkins a Lynch, this year Reed and Lynch, and next year Polamalu and Lynch. He deserves much better.

Ty Law over Steve Atwater is a freaking joke. Like seriously, what is going on!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Ty Law over Steve Atwater is a freaking joke. Like seriously, what is going on!
    East coast bias...like always.

You guys didn't honestly think they were going to put 3 Broncos in this year, did ya?

2 out 3 ain't bad......

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    INTs are tracked as a stat, getting torched deep on a double move isn't, nor are game changing hits. Ty Law is the most overrated guy to get in since Bettis.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    You guys didn't honestly think they were going to put 3 Broncos in this year, did ya?

2 out 3 ain't bad......
    True. Atwater is just over due. Champ deserves it and Pat deserved to go in well before now.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 14 Now in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Elway View Post
    True. Atwater is just over due. Champ deserves it and Pat deserved to go in well before now.
    I totally agree Atwater is overdue but I think if it comes down to Champ or Steve you have to go Champ. Steve is definitely in my top 5 all time Broncos & I believe he will get in soon. It's unavoidable lol.

I was kind of verklempt watching both Champ and Mr. B being voted in tonight.

I know many, like myself, are disappointed for Atwater, but there was no way for 3,Broncos to be voted in tonight.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 02-02-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Time to raise whatever glass you have in your hand. Mr. B is in and whether youíve been an old school, new school, any school fan - Pat defines the Broncos. We donít lose and we are always proud of the orange and blue, never about one name, one player, but always about the fans and this town!

This whole thing seems like a joke. The fact that there is a "room" where people get discussed, the fact that "there is no way three Broncos get voted in (regardless of how deserving they are), the fact that the room has to "warm up" to Atwater.

This sounds like the least objective thing in the world. More skull and bones than hall of fame.

Please tell me, in this day of advanced analytics and technology and big data that we have something better to honor these great football hero's, something more fair and objective than a bunch of old, white guys sitting around in a room arguing it out? Really? Sheesh. 😳
    Maybe we should resign Rahim Moore so he could finally get the chance to knock down a Joe Flacco pass?