Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Congratulations to Pat Bowlen and Champ Bailey.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.

Congrats Mr. B and Champ B.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    This whole thing seems like a joke. The fact that there is a "room" where people get discussed, the fact that "there is no way three Broncos get voted in (regardless of how deserving they are), the fact that the room has to "warm up" to Atwater.

This sounds like the least objective thing in the world. More skull and bones than hall of fame.

Please tell me, in this day of advanced analytics and technology and big data that we have something better to honor these great football hero's, something more fair and objective than a bunch of old, white guys sitting around in a room arguing it out? Really? Sheesh. 😳
    You're being a bit ridiculous. It is a very difficult thing for those voters to sort out. Just because we think the sun rose and set with Atwater doesn't mean he is seen that way by all of those voters. They were looking at a number of players and not all can get in. When I get ticked about a player getting in, I try to think of who I would not let in the hall of fame so my guy could get in. I wish Steve would have gotten in but I would not have denied Ty Law to make it happen.

Congrats to Pat Bowlen and Champ Bailey!

Well deserved!

About time. So happy for Mr. B and Champ.

Extremely happy Champ was inducted, and glad that Pat Bowlen was finally enshrined...none too happy about yet another Atwater snub.

That said, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the HOF voters for not making Pat wait another decade, while less deserving owners get inducted into the Hall.

Congrats to Mr. B and Champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    When I get ticked about a player getting in, I try to think of who I would not let in the hall of fame so my guy could get in. I wish Steve would have gotten in but I would not have denied Ty Law to make it happen.
    I would. I would deny everyone until all deserving Denver Bronco players were in.

But Im a pretty big homer at times, so, .......

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Champ doesn't look like he's aged a day....

Was very happy that Mr. B finally made it in, as that was long over due! Will always love Champ Bailey and so glad he got inducted as well. Was disappointed to say the least when I saw Atwater was passed up this year again - does that mean next year they get it right and get him in there where he belongs?

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Was very happy that Mr. B finally made it in, as that was long over due! Will always love Champ Bailey and so glad he got inducted as well. Was disappointed to say the least when I saw Atwater was passed up this year again - does that mean next year they get it right and get him in there where he belongs?
    As was I. I feel he deserves it also. He is one of my favorites of all time. He'll get there. Hopefully next year. 3 Broncos in 2 years...how cool would that be?!?!?!
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    As was I. I feel he deserves it also. He is one of my favorites of all time. He'll get there. Hopefully next year. 3 Broncos in 2 years...how cool would that be?!?!?!
    I definitely think he deserves it. Hopefully next year. That would be great!

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    You're being a bit ridiculous. It is a very difficult thing for those voters to sort out. Just because we think the sun rose and set with Atwater doesn't mean he is seen that way by all of those voters. They were looking at a number of players and not all can get in. When I get ticked about a player getting in, I try to think of who I would not let in the hall of fame so my guy could get in. I wish Steve would have gotten in but I would not have denied Ty Law to make it happen.
    Well, I would. Steve Atwater was easily the better player.

I don't think (east coast) bias is as big a problem as it used to be, and I don't think that's why Law was voted in, but longevity unfortunately remains too much of a factor. There's a substantial number of players in the Hall that shouldn't be in there but were voted in because a) bias was a big factor at the time they got in and/or b) they had long careers with a lot of mediocre seasons. Terrell Davis is one of the greatest backs to ever play the game, yet he barely made it in because of injuries but Bettis is a shoe in? That just seems crazy to me.

Steve Atwater played every game like it mattered and was a HUGE factor in our first SB win against the Packers. Speaking of which, when it comes to that game, it's always TD and the Helicopter? What about Atwater and the many clutch plays he had in that game? Forget about the hit on Okoye. Steve had so many memorable games and seasons and was never mediocre like Law.

Right now, the importance of a player's longevity is the biggest reason why I have a hard time taking HOF seriously – not east coast bias.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 02-06-2019 at 07:12 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I heard something about a player who's been in the Hall of Fame for at least a decade, I never thought of it, but decided to check it out. So after reviewing stats, I've discovered the least deserving HOF player ever. Worse than Swann, worse than Bettis.

See if you can guess who this is: Played QB, from 89-2000. During those 12 seasons he played in 16 games three times. He passed for more than 3000 yards five times. He threw for 20 or more touchdowns once. He threw for double digit interceptions in 8 of his 12 seasons. He had a QB rating higher than 90 three times. He wasn't a massive runner, accounting for 1,012 yards and 9 touchdowns on the ground over his 12 seasons.

Career stats: 61.5%, 32,942 yards, 165 touchdowns, 141 interceptions.

But he played on a really great team for 3 years. He managed to win 3 Super Bowls with a great offensive line, HOF RB and HOF WR.

Any guesses?

This player is Troy Aikman. And it's shocking how pedestrian his numbers were/are, considering he played for a great team that won a lot and in a time where passing was increasing in the league.