Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 122
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Looks like only 5 modern-era finalists get in.
    That's the maximum, there's no minimum. But I still think Bailey, Reed and Gonzalez are locks, if they go to 5 it'll be Coryell and Flores. The other 3 are generally slam dunk nominations.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,676
    WOW. Coryell vs Flores. I've been saying for years that both should be in. I hope they both get in but if I had to pick one, I guess I would have to go with Coryell over Flores due to innovation/game impact over SBs and other qualities in Flores.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,069
    Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Just to break up the stress of the new Head Coach interviews, they are about to name the 15 finalists on the NFL Network. Good luck to all the Broncos nominated this year,
    the Hall of Fame is an utter joke.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    That's the maximum, there's no minimum. But I still think Bailey, Reed and Gonzalez are locks, if they go to 5 it'll be Coryell and Flores. The other 3 are generally slam dunk nominations.

    Yeah I'd be shocked if they're not all 1st ballots.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,275
    As long as Atwater isn't in, I don't care much for the Hall of Fame.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,718
    Gradishar...not even considered again. Who the hell did he piss off?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rawlins, Wyoming
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Gradishar...not even considered again. Who the hell did he piss off?
    this is a question not a statement, Didn't he play in an era where they did not track sacks as a stat? If that is the case do you think that has anything to do with it since the numbers may not reflect that sexy stat that everyone loves so much?
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    this is a question not a statement, Didn't he play in an era where they did not track sacks as a stat? If that is the case do you think that has anything to do with it since the numbers may not reflect that sexy stat that everyone loves so much?
    They tracked stats but each stadium kept their own stat department but the issue with Gradishar is that the Broncos weren't "sexy" at the time so people never watched them and when they saw his stats, they were so good that they thought that the Broncos stat guys were just making it up even though his home and away splits weren't that different. The guy AVERAGED over 200 tackles a year over 10 years in mostly 14 game seasons. His per game tackle stats are 50% higher than Ray Lewis'. 7 time pro bowler (Back when it meant something and 10 people per position didn't back out every year) 5 time all-pro, 1 defensive MVP... no reason he isn't in the HOF beyond bias.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,279
    This is a really good group among the finalists. That said, and it doesn't mean they aren't deserving I don't see Atwater getting in. He simply wasn't the same kind of safety as Ed Reed and maybe even John Lynch. He deserves to be in the hall, but needs a year when he's not competing with Reed and so many secondary players. I also don't think Lynch makes it either (this year).
    Champ Bailey has to get in. No doubt about it.
    As far as Pat Bowlen, maybe. I don't know how the committee will view his illness. I can see it hurting him or helping him. I also think he will get in, just maybe not this year

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rawlins, Wyoming
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs View Post
    They tracked stats but each stadium kept their own stat department but the issue with Gradishar is that the Broncos weren't "sexy" at the time so people never watched them and when they saw his stats, they were so good that they thought that the Broncos stat guys were just making it up even though his home and away splits weren't that different. The guy AVERAGED over 200 tackles a year over 10 years in mostly 14 game seasons. His per game tackle stats are 50% higher than Ray Lewis'. 7 time pro bowler (Back when it meant something and 10 people per position didn't back out every year) 5 time all-pro, 1 defensive MVP... no reason he isn't in the HOF beyond bias.
    I remember reading something like that, that's why I asked. Well it's too bad, because the bias is strong, there is no reason Rod Smith should not be in or close either but...
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    this is a question not a statement, Didn't he play in an era where they did not track sacks as a stat? If that is the case do you think that has anything to do with it since the numbers may not reflect that sexy stat that everyone loves so much?
    Broncos, under Joe Collier, weren't a heavy blitz defense. Gradishars job was run defense and dropping back into pass defense. I think in 1979, Broncos only had like 15 sacks! It was a "bend don't break" scheme that contained rather than attack.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,051
    No surprise, but still laughable, Breusci (sp) on espn picking Law over Bailey.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    No Broncos get in.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Broncos, under Joe Collier, weren't a heavy blitz defense. Gradishars job was run defense and dropping back into pass defense. I think in 1979, Broncos only had like 15 sacks! It was a "bend don't break" scheme that contained rather than attack.
    Also, keep in mind the number of passes faced vs the running game in those days. The closest modern player to Gradishar would be Luke Keukely, and I'd also say take a look at that rookie in Dallas Vander Esch.
    Gradishar was speed sideline to sideline, toughness, smarts, brutally physical and the Bad Leroy Brown of his era. He definitely should be in the Hall.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    No Broncos get in.
    We shall see. But it is joke. Iíd like yo see Atwater in but I donít think this is the time with 2 other Broncos 🤞 going in. Good luck fellas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •