Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    have really grown to hate the "pro football" HOF. I predict there will be no Bronco players enshrined this year, and Pat is a long shot. Atwater should have been in years ago, he was overlooked last year in favor of an inferior (east coast) safety (Sorry Dawk, but it's true) and now he's up against one of the few safety's who is actually better. He's out. Champ will be passed on and won't make it before Law. Nobody in their right mind would ever take Law over Champ, but the morons who vote on the HOF will say something to the effect of "Law has Super Bowls." Because nothing says you're a great individual player like a team achievement.

I have spent years listening to nonsense from HOF voters. Gradishar didn't deserve it because his stats were inflated because the 4-3 funneled runners to his position. Then they vote in Harry Carson (are you kidding me!). Mecklenburg "just didn't do enough," except he did everything! Then they put in Andre Tippett, who was one of the most one dimensional players in NFL history, and no better than Simon Fletcher. I could go on and on; Louis Wright, Tom Nalen, and Rod Smith should all be in. Rich Jackson, Dennis Smith, Billy Thompson, Tom Jackson, and Jason Elam should have all been considered.

The HOF is a joke. We just need to accept that the Broncos will never get the respect they deserve. Heck I was just watching some NFL network top 10 lists on you tube and I had to stop because it started to feel like they never even heard of the Broncos. Atwater was the #7 safety, THE DRIVE was only the #3 clutch drive, and the Fumble didn't even make the top 10 goal line stands! ARGGGG!
    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by broncojuan View Post
    have really grown to hate the "pro football" HOF. I predict there will be no Bronco players enshrined this year, and Pat is a long shot. Atwater should have been in years ago, he was overlooked last year in favor of an inferior (east coast) safety (Sorry Dawk, but it's true) and now he's up against one of the few safety's who is actually better. He's out. Champ will be passed on and won't make it before Law. Nobody in their right mind would ever take Law over Champ, but the morons who vote on the HOF will say something to the effect of "Law has Super Bowls." Because nothing says you're a great individual player like a team achievement.

I have spent years listening to nonsense from HOF voters. Gradishar didn't deserve it because his stats were inflated because the 4-3 funneled runners to his position. Then they vote in Harry Carson (are you kidding me!). Mecklenburg "just didn't do enough," except he did everything! Then they put in Andre Tippett, who was one of the most one dimensional players in NFL history, and no better than Simon Fletcher. I could go on and on; Louis Wright, Tom Nalen, and Rod Smith should all be in. Rich Jackson, Dennis Smith, Billy Thompson, Tom Jackson, and Jason Elam should have all been considered.

The HOF is a joke. We just need to accept that the Broncos will never get the respect they deserve. Heck I was just watching some NFL network top 10 lists on you tube and I had to stop because it started to feel like they never even heard of the Broncos. Atwater was the #7 safety, THE DRIVE was only the #3 clutch drive, and the Fumble didn't even make the top 10 goal line stands! ARGGGG!
    I think you are showing a lkot of bias here. There a few guys on your list that don't deserve the HoF. Rod Smith and Elam are 2 prime examples. Both were good players but not HoF worthy, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think you are showing a lkot of bias here. There a few guys on your list that don't deserve the HoF. Rod Smith and Elam are 2 prime examples. Both were good players but not HoF worthy, imo.
    Iím a little bias on rod smith but I agree itís not east coast bias. Itís extemely tough for wide receivers to get in. Better ones have been left out. At least for awhile.

For Elam I also agree he was great in Denver but doesnít have the longevity of a mortan Anderson. Which you have to have for a kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’m a little bias on rod smith but I agree it’s not east coast bias. It’s extemely tough for wide receivers to get in. Better ones have been left out. At least for awhile.

For Elam I also agree he was great in Denver but doesn’t have the longevity of a mortan Anderson. Which you have to have for a kicker.
    Adam Vinatieri might have a hard time getting in the HoF and if any kicker, not already in, deserves it, he does.

Vinatieri will be in no later then his 3rd ballot. He's Morten Anderson, but better. He's got the SB rings to prove it. He's been a clutch kicker for most of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    Vinatieri will be in no later then his 3rd ballot. He's Morten Anderson, but better. He's got the SB rings to prove it. He's been a clutch kicker for most of his career.
    Depends on who else is in the classes from year to year. As a kicker he'll have to wait while other deserving players from other positions get in. And in down years he could suffer from them trying to get in other guys who haven't gotten in yet in while they have a chance. I think because of his position he's a guy who could easily slide to his 8th or 9th year of eligibility.

Although in saying that I do think back to him winning two Super Bowls for New England with kicks at the end of the game. So maybe he's a priority? I just think his position means he waits.

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    the only one on that list that I feel better make it is Steve Atwater. there is only one other safety in the league during his career that was on his level and that was Ronnie Lott. Both should have been first ballot. I won't argue with anyone or respond to flaming for my opinion but Champ was highly over rated and if he makes it over Atwater I'll be glad a Bronco made it but pissed because it is debatable if he was even in the top 5 of his position during his playing time. Steve and Ronnie were far and away the Best safeties of their Generation.
    Bailey was the best CB in the nfl during the 2005 and 2006 years. he also has the most pro-bowl of any other DB in nfl history. and he was at least top 3 for along time. i think it is hard to name 5 Cbs that played during his time that was better.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Bailey was the best CB in the nfl during the 2005 and 2006 years. he also has the most pro-bowl of any other DB in nfl history. and he was at least top 3 for along time. i think it is hard to name 5 Cbs that played during his time that was better.
    Not much more to be added to this... He was the best for a long time. and sustained that.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Champ Bailey was a better player than Ed Reed was yeah I said. Champ was best CB of 2000ís decade he was rivaled by no one. He should be first ballot HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Yep. I would be shocked if Bailey isn't announced as part of the class on Saturday. I would also be shocked if Pat Bowlen isn't announced as part of the class as well.

Something I heard on Monday tells me Bowlen is a slam dunk as well. Normally the local writer/HOF voter from the area presents the case for candidates from his area. The case for Pat Bowlen is being presented by Jim Trotter. He's a national media member with zero ties to Denver. More importantly, he was a Chargers beat writer for 18 years. If a former beat writer from a rival team is presenting the owner's candidacy, it's a done deal.

With Denver probably having two high profile inductees it also makes sense that they will be one of the teams playing in the HOF game in August. So the Broncos should have an extra week of OTAs and an extra mini-camp (both are given to teams with a new HC) as well as an extra preseason game because of Bailey and Bowlen.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

but then why does smith have nearly identicle numbers a micheal Irvin

Irvin 750 rec, 11,904 yards, 65 tds
    smith849 rec, 11389 yards, 68 tds….and he didn't have the benefit of playing with a HOF qb his entire career

now im not saying rod was better than Irvin but come on

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

smith849 rec, 11389 yards, 68 tds….and he didn't have the benefit of playing with a HOF qb his entire career

was Rod Smith ever in consideration for best WR in the league?

was Rod Smith ever in consideration for best WR in the league?
    Irvin was never considered the best WR in the league (Jerry Rice), and he was only an all-pro once, Rod was a 2 time all pro. And for the record, I never said Elam should be in the HOF, I said he should be in the conversation.
    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

smith849 rec, 11389 yards, 68 tdsÖ.and he didn't have the benefit of playing with a HOF qb his entire career

rod is still the greatest undrafted WR in nfl history. he may not have the catches record but his yards are still standing, and i can't think of an undrafted WR that is with 2k yards of his record.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait