Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Much respect from Ed Reed He knows #27 should already be in the HOF.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    was Rod Smith ever in consideration for best WR in the league?
    He was for 1 year, 2001 I believe. He was all the Broncos had and he led the league in receptions, was 5th in yards, and 3rd in touchdowns. Probably not enough for a HOF resume (nor do I think he should be in) but for the 1 year he was considered the best in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Much respect from Ed Reed He knows #27 should already be in the HOF.
    Ed Reed is all class. Much respect indeed.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He was for 1 year, 2001 I believe. He was all the Broncos had and he led the league in receptions, was 5th in yards, and 3rd in touchdowns. Probably not enough for a HOF resume (nor do I think he should be in) but for the 1 year he was considered the best in the league.
    He wasn't thought to be better than TO or Marvin Harrison, even for that one year.

Quote Originally Posted by broncojuan View Post
    Irvin was never considered the best WR in the league (Jerry Rice), and he was only an all-pro once, Rod was a 2 time all pro. And for the record, I never said Elam should be in the HOF, I said he should be in the conversation.
    Why should Elam be in the conversation? Was he better than other kickers such as Jason Hansen or Matt Stover?
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-31-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    rod is still the greatest undrafted WR in nfl history. he may not have the catches record but his yards are still standing, and i can't think of an undrafted WR that is with 2k yards of his record.
    That is the best argument people can make for Rod. Best undrafted WR ever. They don't have categories for best undrafted.

Why should Elam be in the conversation?
    Because he's arguably a top ten kicker all time.

That is the best argument people can make for Rod. Best undrafted WR ever. They don't have categories for best undrafted.
    You can also make the argument he put up great numbers on an offense that featured the run. He also only played a brief time with a great QB. The rest of his years he had Griese and Plummer

He wasn't thought to be better than TO or Marvin Harrison, even for that one year.
    He was in the conversation though. And really if the HOF voters are going by a strictly "best in the game for a period of time" then there are a bunch of players who shouldn't get in, and who shouldn't have gotten in. Peter King in one of the very few useful things he's ever said, wrote it as you need to be considered amongst the top 5 at your position for a period of time, in order for him to vote you in.

The biggest reason Smith should be in (aside from the UDFA label) is that Lynn Swann is in the HOF, he should be nowhere near it. The biggest reason he'll never get in is because it's becoming tougher for receivers to get in, and will become even harder because of the inflated passing numbers we're now in.

The cases I'm curious about will be Hines Ward and Reggie Wayne, very similar resumes. Both should be in before Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I don't think that's a very good argument, especially since there is an argument to be made against it. Matt Stover and Jason Hanson played longer and had better % than Elam and they played during the same years. Do you think Elam deserves it more than them?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He was in the conversation though. And really if the HOF voters are going by a strictly "best in the game for a period of time" then there are a bunch of players who shouldn't get in, and who shouldn't have gotten in. Peter King in one of the very few useful things he's ever said, wrote it as you need to be considered amongst the top 5 at your position for a period of time, in order for him to vote you in.

The biggest reason Smith should be in (aside from the UDFA label) is that Lynn Swann is in the HOF, he should be nowhere near it. The biggest reason he'll never get in is because it's becoming tougher for receivers to get in, and will become even harder because of the inflated passing numbers we're now in.

The cases I'm curious about will be Hines Ward and Reggie Wayne, very similar resumes. Both should be in before Smith.
    I agree that there some players in the Hof that don't belong there. That doesn't mean we should put in more though.

Isn't Morten Andersen the only kicker in the hall of fame?

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    I think a kicker is going to have to be in the conversation of best ever in order to get into the Hall of Fame.

Maybe he has to at least be in the conversation of best of his era.

Of course, the fact that Elam was a Bronco works against him.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Ed Reed is all class. Much respect indeed.
    I always liked Ed Reed. One of my favorite non Broncos of all time. Up there with Deion Sanders, Roy Williams (safety), and Greg Lloyd. I just wish Reed didn't play for a team I can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Isn't Morten Andersen the only kicker in the hall of fame?
    I believe Jan Stenerud is in the Hall.