Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Jarrett Stidham has the potential. He was ascending as a potential 1sf round pick after the 2017 season. He took a step back in 2018 with issues surrounding play calling control between the OC and HC. There will be a team that sees his value, probably by the 3rd round.
    Noooo. Iím an Auburn fan. Stay away from Stidham at all cost.

He was decently accurate in 2017 but in 2018 he couldnít hit a wide open receiver downfield if the defense wasnít on the field. I couldnít tell you how many times guys were 10+ yards wide open and he would over throw them. I donít know what happened but he lost all confidence.

Plus he hates getting hit more than anyone Iíve ever seen. Tons of games he will start well and once he takes that first sack he gets massively skidish and gets happy feet all over the pocket. Even when there is no pressure.

I canít imagine how scared he would play behind our oline.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Noooo. Iím an Auburn fan. Stay away from Stidham at all cost.

He was decently accurate in 2017 but in 2018 he couldnít hit a wide open receiver downfield if the defense wasnít on the field. I couldnít tell you how many times guys were 10+ yards wide open and he would over throw them. I donít know what happened but he lost all confidence.

Plus he hates getting hit more than anyone Iíve ever seen. Tons of games he will start well and once he takes that first sack he gets massively skidish and gets happy feet all over the pocket. Even when there is no pressure.

I canít imagine how scared he would play behind our oline.
    Decently accurate is understating 66.5% completion rate in 2017. Saying he couldnít hit a wide open receiver is patently false. Iíve watched a lot of his tape and that statement is pure hyperbole. At 60.7% completion rate in 2018 there was a regression in accuracy. Even last season he made some very good throws. Did he miss some, sure.

In 2018 Auburn did not have a dominant running back. The line lacked the ability to consistently protect Stidham. Not having consistent protection led to dropping his eyes taking focus off receivers. That will be an area he needs to work on. There were questions about control of play calling between Lindsey and Malzahn. They werenít able to replicate the mix of the two offensive schemes like they did in 2017.

There is a lot of value in drafting a guy like Stidham in a later round.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    At least that washed up SB MVP can get the the ball to his receivers on time when he sees them open. A huge problem for Keenum is that he free receiver he throws to is covered by the time the ball gets there. The week 3 battle this year was not stellar QB performance on either side, but Denver would definitely have won if we had swapped QBs

Defenses cannot stack the box with Joe Flacco unless they have two elite cover corners, and Joe can easily be the difference between a 6 win and a 10 win season, and he still has the quality required to go all the way
    statistically, he has performed the same as Keenum over the last two years. And the Flacco that won a SB MVP award was over 5 years ago. That's not relevant for a QB who has had injuries every single year since 2015. His ACL and MCL tear, shoulder injuries, and hip problems that got him benched in 2018 along with a poor offensive line lead me to believe that he won't be worth the 18 million we paid.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    statistically, he has performed the same as Keenum over the last two years. And the Flacco that won a SB MVP award was over 5 years ago. That's not relevant for a QB who has had injuries every single year since 2015. His ACL and MCL tear, shoulder injuries, and hip problems that got him benched in 2018 along with a poor offensive line lead me to believe that he won't be worth the 18 million we paid.
    When we see comments about Flacco playing behind a poor line and without talented receivers, doesnít that sound familiar? If the Broncos improve the line via free agency/draft
    and with Munchakís coaching, maybe that will help. Until we actually see the improvement itís a question. Sanders may not be back and if he returns will he be the same? If not that leaves Sutton and Hamilton. The Broncos still donít have a viable TE (Flacco had solid TEs over the years). Maybe the Broncos will get more weapons for Flacco. Most importantly Flacco will need to be healthy and the odds of that happening are lower based on injury history. Iím not opposed to the signing - despite the stats I think he has better playmaking potential than Keenum. Hopefully Elway will draft a quarterback this year or next. Despite the usual growing pains with a young quarterback, at some point the Broncos need to more than a bridge veteran.