Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    If a team isnt willing to jump up some spots from #10 to get "their guy" should they even consider that guy at #10?

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    If a team isnt willing to jump up some spots from #10 to get "their guy" should they even consider that guy at #10?
    No. Most likely won't be there.

I think Elway will have 2 guys he will be willing to move on. Last year it was supposedly Mayfield and Darnold....this year it could be Haskins and Lock? Lock and Jones? I dont he will set a plan A and only a plan A in the draft....there will be a contingency plan if his favorite is gone

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Sorry, that's not a "proven fact". It's an opinion. "Position of need" is dynamic and can change quickly due to free agency, injury, etc. WR wasn't a "position of need" for us last year with DT and Sanders, but drafting BPA gave us options to trade DT. When Sanders was injured, it became of good thing we drafted BPAs in Sutton and Hamilton.

It also takes 50-60% of players in the draft off the board.

IMO, draft the best players available, as you can always trade talented, good players and use FA and trades to fill positions of need.
    The Broncos tried to Trade DT the previous year just before the trade deadline (October, 2017). They needed WRs, desperately. So yes, it is a "proven fact".

One of the latest Mock drafts have Denver taking Kyle Murray at # 10 and Duke's Daniel Jones dropping out of the first round. Last year we had Chubb avaliable for the Bronco's which solidified our Defense for years to come.

My scenario in this years draft has, Jonah Williams falling to # 10 allowing the Bronco's to solidify the Offensive line for years to come, Then with some luck they trade back into the first round to draft that QB from Duke that I believe will become their franchise QB.

Will this materialize ?

I think if you are not willing to go above 10 then you are not really convinced he's the guy. That said, you could get your guy at 10, but the only way it would be the correct process would be in a draft where very few teams were looking for a QB. We do have a break this year that of the 4 teams desparately needing one most of those above us don't need a QB. But we'll see,

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Isn't that EXACTLY what I said in my Post? "Best Player Available at a position of need is the only way to go. That's a proven fact. If it happens to be a QB, then fine. If it's a Defensive player that falls into our lap like last year, then that's the way you go."
    Maybe I misread your post but I thought you were arguing that you could have a BPA ABOVE a franchise QB and my point is you can't do that. The whole idea of what we did in the 2018 draft was totally goofy since we needed a QB. The ONLY viable explanation is we didn't think Rosen or Allen would develop into great QBs. If either one does, then Elway made a BIGGER mistake than when he went after Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Not necessarily true. There are a lot of teams without a need for QB in the top 10. If someone isn't willing to trade up, it doesn't necessarily mean that the player isn't worth a top 10 pick. The asking price just might be too much for them.
    It's complicated though and has to do with the demand for said player. It's not just the teams ahead of Denver that we have to consider. If nobody moved out of their slot, Denver might be okay with the quarterbacks dropping to them. Although they have the Giants ahead of them who will probably pick quarterback, and Jacksonville who might pick QB, if there were three qbs that they would be happy with they sit tight and draft one at ten. But behind them, and you have to believe making every plan to try to trade up is Washington who desperately needs a quarterback, the Dolphins who desperately need a quarterback and maybe even the Bengals if they move on from Dalton. All of them know Denver is QB hungry so they would want to jump in front of them.

So if teams start to try to move up for a run on quarterbacks, ten isn't looking so good. If the Broncos are only happy with two or, god forbid, one quarterback in this draft, then they should definitely move up to get them.

It's a weak year for QB in the draft in a league that demands good quarterback play. If they aren't looking to trade up to get the one they want, they better have some other, better options outside of the draft in which case It makes sense to look to other positions at ten.

So the post you were responding to I think makes a good point.
    Maybe we should resign Rahim Moore so he could finally get the chance to knock down a Joe Flacco pass?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    What makes you think it wouldnít still be a third losing season with a rookie QB?

The Browns got a stud and still had a losing season. Though thatís probably due to waiting too long to fire hue.

I would say a rookie is almost a gauranteed losing season due to growing pains.

The argument probably makes more sense to say draft a qb so we avoid 4-5 straight losing seasons.
    I think it's safe to say the Browns feel better about their future than us Bronco fans. Now, that can change if we get a QB we can rally around, if we don't we can talk about our great defense getting us to 6 or 7 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Redskins just announced Alex Smith will miss the 2019 season. Elway should trade down for their pick at 15 and ask for their 2nd round pick in 2020. The Broncos will be in a great position to trade up in 2020. Roll with Keenum in 2019 along with drafting Finley, Rypien, Stidham or Jackson in a later round. Keenum starts poorly give the rookie a shot.
    And what if Denver has a better record next year? That extra 2nd round pick won't be nearly enough if Denver has to trade into the top 5.
    Last edited by gerontion; 01-29-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I think it's safe to say the Browns feel better about their future than us Bronco fans. Now, that can change if we get a QB we can rally around, if we don't we can talk about our great defense getting us to 6 or 7 wins.
    Which has nothing to do with my point. I didnít say their future wasnít bright. I also didnít say they shouldnít have taken Baker either.

All I was saying is that even if we do go rookie QB in the top 10 I can easily see us having a losing season again next year.

Which has nothing to do with my point. I didnít say their future wasnít bright. I also didnít say they shouldnít have taken Baker either.

All I was saying is that even if we do go rookie QB in the top 10 I can easily see us having a losing season again next year.
    At this point there should be an expectation that we will have a losing season next year. The last two seasons with vet quarterbacks has net us 11 wins, so it's not like drafting a QB is a huge setback at this point. If we draft a rookie QB it's a given the first year will be a developmental year, but if he is a franchise player then that sets the precedent for stability at the position for years and many seasons to come.

Which has nothing to do with my point. I didn’t say their future wasn’t bright. I also didn’t say they shouldn’t have taken Baker either.

Sorry I misunderstood your point. Yes, getting a new hot shot QB does possibly mean we have another losing season. Team direction would be up despite growing pains. Anyway, sorry I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Sorry I misunderstood your point. Yes, getting a new hot shot QB does possibly mean we have another losing season. Team direction would be up despite growing pains. Anyway, sorry I misunderstood.
    No worries just thought I would clarify. Iím ok with a qb first overall pick if itís the right kid. And Iím not sure which one yet might be.

I just think with a rookie and our current oline everything would be pretty simplified to where we likely still have another losing season. Remember Goff and Wentz didnít make huge leaps and bounds until year two.

Luck did a worst to first but those are very rare and not to be expected. And i donít believe there is a hidden luck in this draft.