Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 469
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’m not going to say too much here but if Kyler Murray is actually 5/11 then I would support the pick. A 5/11 Murray paired with Lindsay could be very special. However it’s hard for me to support it not really knowing his true height. I remember how good Eric Crouch was in college but never really did much in the pros and that was under Dick Vermiel and Mike Martz.

    Also, if John Elway is completely enamored in love with him, then he should take the risk despite what anyone else has to say because it’s his job to lose.
    Sam, Murray might be 5'8"....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an "I owe you".

  2. #347
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    557
    I am not necessarily pushing for Kyler Murray, but every QB has to learn how to use throwing lanes to complete passes. He had behemoths that he threw over in college too. It kind of comes down to if you believe Murray is the type of QB you want to move forward with or you want a guy that can be outside the pocket but lives in the pocket more often than not. Murray looks more comfortable outside the pocket right now.

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Sam, Murray might be 5'8"....
    I know that, didnít you see the pictures I posted earlier? Iíd like to see him stand next to Philip Lindsay for a second. Lol

    Also the Oakland Aís drafted him, already gave him money and expect him to report in March still.

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,105
    I think Murray wants to be as sure as possible about being a first round pick in the NFL. If he's a first he'll make more money in his first 5 years playing football than he will playing baseball.

    Something to think about...If Murray is drafted in the first round in the NFL draft he will be the first person to ever be drafted in the first round in both the NFL and MLB. Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders weren't drafted that high in BOTH. Mahomes and Wilson were both baseball players.

    I've read some believe Murray will be one of the fastest QBs ever, maybe faster than Vick.

    There are some legit questions concerning Murray, but we can't deny he's a special athlete.

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,917
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I think Murray wants to be as sure as possible about being a first round pick in the NFL. If he's a first he'll make more money in his first 5 years playing football than he will playing baseball.

    Something to think about...If Murray is drafted in the first round in the NFL draft he will be the first person to ever be drafted in the first round in both the NFL and MLB. Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders weren't drafted that high in BOTH. Mahomes and Wilson were both baseball players.

    I've read some believe Murray will be one of the fastest QBs ever, maybe faster than Vick.

    There are some legit questions concerning Murray, but we can't deny he's a special athlete.
    being a special athlete in college doesn't mean he will be successful in the nfl
    but when pro pass rushers out weigh you by 50-80 pounds....don't take long to get hurt

  6. #351
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    The people in the NFL are pretty much the same size as the NFL. Hey saw fine in college. It's not like the linemen grow 3 more inches in the nfl.
    In college he hasn't been playing NFL defenses. I'm not totally negative on him as Russell Wilson made me see how a scrambler can handle that height issue, but Murray is shorter yet and not very beefy.
    At this point anyone drafting him is doing so as a novelty. I would not want us to draft him any higher than 3rd round

  7. #352
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Crouch never played, he said QB or nothing and refused to play WR
    Crouch has virtually nothing to do with Murray. Murray is better prepared to be an nfl QB whereas Crouch was a wing t type QB - meaning he was a running back.
    I'm not knocking either guy, but I do worry that Murray would get broken in half.

  8. #353
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I think Murray wants to be as sure as possible about being a first round pick in the NFL. If he's a first he'll make more money in his first 5 years playing football than he will playing baseball.

    Something to think about...If Murray is drafted in the first round in the NFL draft he will be the first person to ever be drafted in the first round in both the NFL and MLB. Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders weren't drafted that high in BOTH. Mahomes and Wilson were both baseball players.

    I've read some believe Murray will be one of the fastest QBs ever, maybe faster than Vick.

    There are some legit questions concerning Murray, but we can't deny he's a special athlete.
    Ignore anyone who states Murray is as fast as Vick. That's just not the case and not even in the neighborhood.

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    being a special athlete in college doesn't mean he will be successful in the nfl
    but when pro pass rushers out weigh you by 50-80 pounds....don't take long to get hurt
    I agree it isn't guaranteed. I believe Murray is high risk / high gain and I don't see a lot of middle ground for him. If he "hits" he could be a special player. Again, it's a gamble.

  10. #355
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Ignore anyone who states Murray is as fast as Vick. That's just not the case and not even in the neighborhood.
    I would have to see it to believe it too. But I think there's a good chance he's faster than Lindsay and a better passer than Vick.

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,372
    I cant wait for the combine !

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    being a special athlete in college doesn't mean he will be successful in the nfl
    but when pro pass rushers out weigh you by 50-80 pounds....don't take long to get hurt
    This sounds like the same thinking that resulted in Phillip Lindsay going undrafted--he was "too small for the NFL" and wouldn't be durable enough to last a whole season. I think size is overrated in determining whether a player will be good--how many "prototypical size" QBs have been drafted early and then been busts? If a guy can play, he deserves a high pick, and if he can't play, his size doesn't matter.

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,198
    Everybody keeps going on about Murray's size.. As someone else stated a page or so back, do you guys think players just magically grow 3 inches the second they are drafted? Yes they put on weight due to the weight training regiment, as will Murray but they don't grow 3 inches... Geez......
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an "I owe you".

  14. #359
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Everybody keeps going on about Murray's size.. As someone else stated a page or so back, do you guys think players just magically grow 3 inches the second they are drafted? Yes they put on weight due to the weight training regiment, as will Murray but they don't grow 3 inches... Geez......
    i more feel like height should not be a determining factor to where they are drafted. so in my oppinion regardless of height i'd take him with our 10th over all. i think he had the skills to be special in the nfl.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i more feel like height should not be a determining factor to where they are drafted. so in my oppinion regardless of height i'd take him with our 10th over all. i think he had the skills to be special in the nfl.
    I am of the mind set, if Murray is who we are looking at and want, trade up to get him so no one else does. I believe that if a team wants a particular player, they need to make sure they get him.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an "I owe you".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •