Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I would have to see it to believe it too. But I think there's a good chance he's faster than Lindsay and a better passer than Vick.
    Oh, geez, here we go. I suppose he's also "possibly" stronger than Barkley, has a better vertical jump than Michael Jordan and can throw a football about 80 yards... Even more, he has Gary Kubiak on retainer to coach him for the first 2 years....

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    This sounds like the same thinking that resulted in Phillip Lindsay going undrafted--he was "too small for the NFL" and wouldn't be durable enough to last a whole season. I think size is overrated in determining whether a player will be good--how many "prototypical size" QBs have been drafted early and then been busts? If a guy can play, he deserves a high pick, and if he can't play, his size doesn't matter.
    The league history of little guys in the NFL is that they DON'T LAST. They simply can't handle the pounding. The ones that do pretty well (Sproules) have some beef to them. Besides special teams returner or wide receiver there isn't much room for a guy who likely can't last the year.
    And, BTW, Lindsay did not make the full year although he plays RB and that's probably the toughest position to make it all year.

Jay Cutler was a Pro Bowler with trajectory only pointing up when we traded him. His career may have gone very differently had he had the next 3-5 years w/Shanny, and Marshall/Royal/Scheffler/Hillis/Clady/etc.

Of course, that probably would have taken us out of the Manning sweepstakes- and hard to argue w/those results (i.e. SB, 2 Conference Championships].

Just think it should be noted though that we have in fact (relatively recently to boot) drafted a 1st Rd QB, gotten him through the first couple of tough developmental years, and had him poised for greater things before self-inflicted off-field drama derailed it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i more feel like height should not be a determining factor to where they are drafted. so in my oppinion regardless of height i'd take him with our 10th over all. i think he had the skills to be special in the nfl.
    Short QB's do not work in the NFL. Period. He's going to have issues seeing over his linemen, that'll cause accuracy issues. The only way he'll work is if he spends most of his time outside of the pocket where he has a clear view of the field.

Height does matter. Not necessarily being tall, but being over 6 foot is basically a requirement for a QB to make it in the NFL. Very, very few short QB's have ever had an impact.

We need a QB of the future. There is a few in this draft in my opinion. Lock, Jones, Haskins and Murray. Some mock drafts have Murray going to the Raiders at 4. If that happens maybe Broncos can explore trade possibilities for Carr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Quote Originally Posted by Colem9r View Post
    We need a QB of the future. There is a few in this draft in my opinion. Lock, Jones, Haskins and Murray. Some mock drafts have Murray going to the Raiders at 4. If that happens maybe Broncos can explore trade possibilities for Carr.
    It is highly unlikely that Carr would ever be traded to a Divisional opponent.

There is ZERO possibility of that. Trades within the division are rare and ultra costly. The Raiders if they trade him, will try and find someone in the NFC or if they can't do that, a non-division rival.

Never happen and if it were to happen you could kiss 10 years of first rounds goodbye... Maybe 15... Lol
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    And, BTW, Lindsay did not make the full year although he plays RB and that's probably the toughest position to make it all year.
    Dude, come on; Lindsay played in 15 games and had 192 carries. As a rookie. And do you really think his size (or lack thereof) contributed in any way to his wrist injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Absolutely correct. I think we are all very sour over the Lynch debacle because it was so glaring, but that mistake is in the past. It's not the last draft mistake we'll make. In the case of QB you HAVE to keep trying until you get it right.
    I do not think its just Lynch, Keenum as well. Keenum wasnt a draft pick but he was a bad trade. I feel there is a ton of hard feelings among fans and maybe players also over the fact we have not had a good qb in many years, now to give the devil his due, John Elways shoes are hard to fill and finding someone that can fill his shoes, which is what we need in a qb, is going to be hard to accomplish.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Height does matter. Not necessarily being tall, but being over 6 foot is basically a requirement for a QB to make it in the NFL. Very, very few short QB's have ever had an impact.
    How many have been given a chance? How many shorter QBs can you name who were drafted with any hype out of college and given a chance in the NFL but failed?

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    How many have been given a chance? How many shorter QBs can you name who were drafted with any hype out of college and given a chance in the NFL but failed?
    That's like asking "how many 300 lb running backs have been giving a chance and failed" not many, but that's because a fat running back is going to be too slow to be effective.

There is a reason so few get a chance in the NFL. Like I said, in the part not quoted. He's going to have a hard time seeing over his linemen. Brees (the leagues shortest starter at 6 foot) has to deal with it. He has to move around in the pocket to find a passing lane where he can see his WR and occasionally he does a little hop at the line before he throws. It's only going to be worse for a guy who is barely 5'8...

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/30/s...l/30brees.html

The article seems to think that Brees debunks the myth that short QB's don't work, but he's proof of just how rare it is. The only reason it DOES work is because he's figured out methods to get around his shortness.

Murray is way too big of a risk to use a 10th pick on, much less trade up for.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 02-01-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    being a special athlete in college doesn't mean he will be successful in the nfl
    but when pro pass rushers out weigh you by 50-80 pounds....don't take long to get hurt
    You can say that for any qb...wentz can stay healthy. Mitchell missed time so did Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's like asking "how many 300 lb running backs have been giving a chance and failed" not many, but that's because a fat running back is going to be too slow to be effective.

There is a reason so few get a chance in the NFL. Like I said, in the part not quoted. He's going to have a hard time seeing over his linemen. Brees (the leagues shortest starter at 6 foot) has to deal with it. He has to move around in the pocket to find a passing lane where he can see his WR and occasionally he does a little hop at the line before he throws. It's only going to be worse for a guy who is barely 5'8...

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/30/s...l/30brees.html

The article seems to think that Brees debunks the myth that short QB's don't work, but he's proof of just how rare it is. The only reason it DOES work is because he's figured out methods to get around his shortness.

Murray is way too big of a risk to use a 10th pick on, much less trade up for.
    Hopefully Gruden and the raiders draft him at 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    You can say that for any qb...wentz can stay healthy. Mitchell missed time so did Rodgers.
    The physical beatings are by far the least of Murray's issues. His size is simply too short. If he's smart, he'll pick baseball. He has a career ahead of him there. He'll be a bust or at best a gimmick in the NFL.