Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Elway isn't drafting Murray, nor should he.
    Amen 🙏 to that!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    More like 5'7"
    Anyone remember Doug Flutie ?

Quote Originally Posted by EngBronco View Post
    Anyone remember Doug Flutie ?
    Exactly.....

Not sold on Murray. Too small and I think rushing QB's have a short shelf life.
    He is so not a rushing qb by far.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Elway isn't drafting Murray, nor should he.
    You're probably right. He will just pick yet another "prototypical " that will suck and we will continue our quest to find another qb since 1998. Broncos are super conservative. I miss the time when our offense was exciting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    if you think murray is a rushing QB go watch the film. he does run. but he is a very good and developed passer. he has the speed to take off and run. he is not a running QB. his throwing is good. he is the most developed Rushing QB at throwing the ball i have seen since maybe vick. but i think he is better at throwing then vick.
    Amen 🙏 to that.

Not sold on Murray. Too small and I think rushing QB's have a short shelf life.
    He is closer to Russell Wilson in style than he is Lamar Jackson. Only difference is he is a much better runner than Wilson when he does run. For example, during Wilson's Jr. year, he had 143 rushing attempts for 435 yards. Murray must have carried the ball well more than that, right? No sir, he only carried the ball 140 times, but for 1001 yards. He seems like a smart dude, so hopefully he'll be able to learn to slide as intelligently as Wilson does. However, I don't believe he'll be the Broncos qb. I'm rooting for him to prove people wrong though.

If Murray has the skills and can get it done in the NFL, who cares about his size? People said Russell Wilson was too small. They said Mayfield was too small. They said Phillip Lindsay was too small for the NFL. All three of those guys are getting it done, big time. Yes, being short can be a hindrance at QB, but there are ways to work around it and it certainly hasn't seemed to affect him in college.

To be clear, I'm not advocating whether or not the Broncos should draft Murray. I'm just saying that "he's small" shouldn't be the reason we don't draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Murray is smaller then Mayfield isnt he?
    Yes, he's smaller and I think quite a bit smaller. Stats for College kids is frequently "exaggerated" so even though some sites say he is 5'10" the word on the street is he's around 5'8". Now, I don't know that in this NFL if that's a total killer, but it certainly will make him less effective. Based on his overall talent he's worth drafting, but I really can't see him in the first round - but, that's why GMs get the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I do not believe this years class of qbs is anything to get very excited about. Now that being said I don't know that I trust either of them to draft a franchise QB but, I will say that maybe Kubes might be a tad bit better at picking one. So, maybe if he has a little more input into drafting one we'll get at least one better than Keenum. Of course that ain't sayin a whole lot either........
    Again with the Kubiak praise?? Where does this come from? He was part of the Lynch selection - whether he was a major player or not, he was part of it. He didn't light up the league in drafting QBs in Houston and his acquisition of Schaub wasn't exactly brilliant. Kubiak was part of the draft team last year when we had a chance to get a starting QB and NOPE, he and Elway dropped the ball.
    Now, in truth I don't really blame Kubiak for our lack of a QB as that lies at the GMs feet, but where in the world does anyone think we have some kind of drafting asset in Kubiak????

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    Maybe we can call up Andy Reid and ask his thoughts? He seems to have figured it out. Maybe put him on a secret payroll...😒
    Andy Reid has laid the praise of the brains behind jumping in with both feet for Mahomes at the feet of their top scout at the time, Veach. Veach got promoted to GM when Dorsey was canned. I had never heard of that Veach guy until he made GM and to hear that he was the energy behind Mahomes is interesting. In an interview Reid said Veach was showing him tape on Mahomes when he was a 1st year starter. The way he told the story it sounds like Veach kept harping on the kid being special and the Chiefs had to get the guy. That really fills out the story because on draft day there were a number of talking heads scratching their heads why KC would give up such draft capital to move up and then take Mahomes rather than Watson. Hearing Reid explain it shows they had Mahomes on their active radar for 3 years!
    To me this shows the importance of those good scouts and how they go about their business. Hopefully, Elway has those same kind of scouts and he has this situation wired.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Andy Reid has laid the praise of the brains behind jumping in with both feet for Mahomes at the feet of their top scout at the time, Veach. Veach got promoted to GM when Dorsey was canned. I had never heard of that Veach guy until he made GM and to hear that he was the energy behind Mahomes is interesting. In an interview Reid said Veach was showing him tape on Mahomes when he was a 1st year starter. The way he told the story it sounds like Veach kept harping on the kid being special and the Chiefs had to get the guy. That really fills out the story because on draft day there were a number of talking heads scratching their heads why KC would give up such draft capital to move up and then take Mahomes rather than Watson. Hearing Reid explain it shows they had Mahomes on their active radar for 3 years!
    To me this shows the importance of those good scouts and how they go about their business. Hopefully, Elway has those same kind of scouts and he has this situation wired.
    We have several years of Drafts under John Elway, along with QBs Drafted, to look at. That's why I'm a BPA person who would prefer we go after a veteran in his prime, who won the MVP while leading his team to a Superbowl victory. What made last years Draft a good one? My guess is that it was Kubiak. And Kubiak is gone. God help us if we throw away a #1 on another Lynch or Osweiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Yes, he's smaller and I think quite a bit smaller. Stats for College kids is frequently "exaggerated" so even though some sites say he is 5'10" the word on the street is he's around 5'8". Now, I don't know that in this NFL if that's a total killer, but it certainly will make him less effective. Based on his overall talent he's worth drafting, but I really can't see him in the first round - but, that's why GMs get the big bucks.
    Murray’s exact measured height from the beginning of the 2018 college football season is 5-foot-9 and 7/8 inches in socks.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Absolutely not. They're $10.9 million over the projected $190 million cap with his salary on the books. He needs to take it down to $5 million, and then they'll have to release players in order for them to keep him.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/
    Cap is likely to increase by $10-12 mil though. Does most every year.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He's only good in a Pederson/Ried offense....no thanks
    Sure if you want to just throw out 2013 when he wasn't in a Pederson/Ried offense and had 27 TD's and 3 INT's...