Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They said the same about Tebow....I question his ability to be a consistent runner in the league and if you take that away, how can he succeed without the threat of the run. That's hard to envision as a long term solution at the position. What it might mean is that you sign players like this and expect to replace them in 4 or 5 years with another elite athlete to use as a running QB and move away from the franchise QB paradigm.
    Not even gonna dignify that with a reply. Comparing apples to oranges. Every saw flaws in tebow "game" the complaint about Murray has NOTHING TO DONEITH HIS GAME PLAY. If he was 6'3 he would he #1 overall hands down.

Has Murray even announced his intentions about the Combine? I think if he refuses to go his draft stock will fall, especially if other prospects show a good outing. I love his talent, but there's so much more to the QB position. If I were a GM it gets hard to draft him when baseball, height, one year starting experience, and no post-bowl exhibitions factor into play. The fact that he still hasn't made an official decision on football or baseball is a red flag in itself. It's hard to root for his chances here when he hasn't figured out what his passion is.

If Murray really wants to be a first rounder, he'll have to go to the Combine and his pro-day so at least GMs aren't taking a complete shot in the dark. Show some commitment or go back to Oakland.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Not even gonna dignify that with a reply. Comparing apples to oranges. Every saw flaws in tebow "game" the complaint about Murray has NOTHING TO DONEITH HIS GAME PLAY. If he was 6'3 he would he #1 overall hands down.
    It isn't apples and oranges. I think the comparison is a valid one. Just like Tebow, Murray has only shown success when running the ball and having very limited reads in the passing game. defenses were forced to stack the D against the run leaving WR one on one. You claimed that Murray can do what any QB can do. He has not shown that at all. I'm not saying he can't but your claim that he can, when he hasn't shown it, is questionable. He hasn't shown the ability to read complex defenses. he hasn't shown the ability to win against quality teams from the pocket.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-01-2019 at 10:50 PM.

It isn't apples and oranges. I think the comparison is a valid one. Just like Tebow, Murray has only shown success when running the ball and having very limited reads in the passing game. defenses were forced to stack the D against the run leaving WR one on one. You claimed that Murray can do what any QB can do. He has not shown that at all. I'm not saying he can't but your claim that he can, when he hasn't shown it, is questionable. He hasn't shown the ability to read complex defenses. he hasn't shown the ability to win against quality teams from the pocket.
    And Baker mayfield showed that?

And again tell me any qb that came out which one had a tougher schedule. To say he hasn't show to stay in the pocket or vs good def is laughable. If fact I'm going to laugh hahahahah. Lock played 4 top 15 team and so did Murray although one was texas twice. Both played bama. Oh btw who had the better showing vs a "quality" bama team. For damn sure wasn't lock.

And Baker mayfield showed that?
    And again tell me any qb that came out which one had a tougher schedule. To say he hasn't show to stay in the pocket or vs good def is laughable. If fact I'm going to laugh hahahahah. Lock played 4 top 15 team and so did Murray although one was texas twice. Both played bama. Oh btw who had the better showing vs a "quality" bama team. For damn sure wasn't lock.
    what do Lock and Mayfield have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Has Murray even announced his intentions about the Combine? I think if he refuses to go his draft stock will fall, especially if other prospects show a good outing. I love his talent, but there's so much more to the QB position. If I were a GM it gets hard to draft him when baseball, height, one year starting experience, and no post-bowl exhibitions factor into play. The fact that he still hasn't made an official decision on football or baseball is a red flag in itself. It's hard to root for his chances here when he hasn't figured out what his passion is.

If Murray really wants to be a first rounder, he'll have to go to the Combine and his pro-day so at least GMs aren't taking a complete shot in the dark. Show some commitment or go back to Oakland.
    At this point his quarterback skills are irrelevant because he hasnít committed to football. He has several positives along with questions in other areas in terms of playing the position. However none of that matters unless he commits to football.

what do Lock and Mayfield have to do with anything?
    Point proven. Thanks.

To a certain extent, the same question could be applied to Dwayne Haskins as far as the style of offense in which he played is concerned.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Anyone catch the Kyler Murray interview with Dan Patrick. Itís absolutely dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Anyone catch the Kyler Murray interview with Dan Patrick. Itís absolutely dreadful.
    Yeah, it's posted up in the other thread for Murray. I thought Murray might be a good prospect, but that video was enough to end any hopes of him being part of the Broncos.

Yeah, it's posted up in the other thread for Murray. I thought Murray might be a good prospect, but that video was enough to end any hopes of him being part of the Broncos.
    It should end any hopes of him being drafted before round 3

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    May not be the worst thing in the world to take a legit top 10 talent and then take a flyer on him in a later round since he is an MLB risk after all.

But Iím not sure how he expects a team to draft him high enough for the contract to compete with baseball if he is afraid to commit to either sport.

He did himself no favors but at least itís not a drug problem or anything. Though I do think he lied about not knowing his height and weight. Also think he lied that he hadnít measured it since his first school.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    If his intent was to play up any question about indecision toward football he really shot himself in the foot. I really don't mind him trying to play both sides against each other in that I get wanting to pique interest but it's a fine line. It would have been better that he say something to the effect of right now having every intention of going to the combine and pro day. Being coy at this stage can really tank his draft capital by sending the wrong signal to teams that are likely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    If his intent was to play up any question about indecision toward football he really shot himself in the foot. I really don't mind him trying to play both sides against each other in that I get wanting to pique interest but it's a fine line. It would have been better that he say something to the effect of right now having every intention of going to the combine and pro day. Being coy at this stage can really tank his draft capital by sending the wrong signal to teams that are likely interested.
    I mean if he declared he knows both are part of the process. But he doesnít want people to find out he is only 5í9Ē and only 9Ē hands three weeks early. So he is trying to delay.

Also I severely doubt Aís would up their offer without him proving anything. He was likely to spend a year to three in the minors.

He may also up and report to spring training on the 15th and completely abandon football. And just drug us all along.