Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 561
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,307
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    We could also get the top WR at ten trade Sanders and suck for one more year but be in THE Best cap position a year from now then go QB.Imagine a year from now having Lindsay and Freeman as RB tandem then Sutton,Top WR this year top QB next year and a ton of cap room to throw at Offensive line virtually guarantees the next QB will succeed.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I'm over here spit balling Detroit eating 30 mil to burn their pick and some of ours on a move up for Haskins, and people are perplexed. We need to go baby steps on this trade business.
    And while I agree with you on the baby steps, I think Mayfield will be worth what he would cost.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,665
    Not a fan of Lock, go look at his record against good teams at Mizzou, it sucks. I like Haskins & Grier (sounds like a law firm) in that order.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,911
    Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Not a fan of Lock, go look at his record against good teams at Mizzou, it sucks. I like Haskins & Grier (sounds like a law firm) in that order.
    I like lock but I like Haskins and Daniel Jones more! I also wouldn’t mind Brett Rypien who I believe is a more accurate Josh Allen but he’d be another project which would take some time.

    I guess Jones would be my top pick at QB but unless Elway moves up he ain’t coming to Denver.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Did that actually happen or something?
    no just a hypothetical. I'm sure as the official offseason approaches Elway will start getting more calls about Von. I'd say there's a 30-50% chance he'll be traded, based on how serious Elway is about rebuilding.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I like lock but I like Haskins and Daniel Jones more! I also wouldn’t mind Brett Rypien who I believe is a more accurate Josh Allen but he’d be another project which would take some time.

    I guess Jones would be my top pick at QB but unless Elway moves up he ain’t coming to Denver.
    Earlier this week Elway said that he wants a QB who is a pocket passer first, and then everything else such as mobility and play extender, would be secondary to being a pocket passer.

    “I’ve learned a lot since I’ve been doing this job as far as what certain quarterbacks have success with," Elway said ahead of the 2018 NFL Draft. "The bottom line is that I believe the one thing is that you got to be able to win from the pocket. No matter what you do, I think the one thing that I’ve learned is as a quarterback you got to be able to win it from the pocket. You can win games but you can’t win championships unless you have the ability to win it from the pocket. Then if you can get out and move around and create, and do those types of things then that’s an added bonus.”
    .

    To me, Daniel Jones fits this mold the best. Elway knows how amazing Manning was, hopefully he sees the potential in Jones with him having the same coach Peyton did. However he'll have to slip past TB, NY, and JAX. The good news is that unless a huge amount of trade-ups occur, Grier, Haskins, Lock, and Jones could be available without having to trade. Elway's got his work cut out for him. This may be the only chance he'll get to draft a QB again. I don't think he'll get a third chance at the draft if we get another Paxton Lynch.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    We could also get the top WR at ten trade Sanders and suck for one more year but be in THE Best cap position a year from now then go QB.Imagine a year from now having Lindsay and Freeman as RB tandem then Sutton,Top WR this year top QB next year and a ton of cap room to throw at Offensive line virtually guarantees the next QB will succeed.
    There is a chance Sanders is gone this offseason, there is no chance we draft a WR at 10.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    There is a chance Sanders is gone this offseason, there is no chance we draft a WR at 10.
    Sanders is probably going to miss the entire training camp, if he's even the same player anymore after that kind of injury at his age. We could be drafting again, but I think Elway is more likely to sign a vet WR. It's going to be a very rich WR free agent season. Golden Tate, Jermaine Kearse, Cordarelle Patterson, John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Chris Hogan, Jordan Matthews, Bruce Ellington, Chris Conley, Rashard Higgins, Tavon Austin - all available. I think we need to use our early picks on offensive line and secondary and QB, and use cap on vet players to help transition Sutton and Hamilton, if we don't re-sign Patrick (which I think we should).
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Earlier this week Elway said that he wants a QB who is a pocket passer first, and then everything else such as mobility and play extender, would be secondary to being a pocket passer.



    To me, Daniel Jones fits this mold the best. Elway knows how amazing Manning was, hopefully he sees the potential in Jones with him having the same coach Peyton did. However he'll have to slip past TB, NY, and JAX. The good news is that unless a huge amount of trade-ups occur, Grier, Haskins, Lock, and Jones could be available without having to trade. Elway's got his work cut out for him. This may be the only chance he'll get to draft a QB again. I don't think he'll get a third chance at the draft if we get another Paxton Lynch.
    TB has announced Winston is coming back, they won’t be drafting a QB. Realistically we can stay at 10 and one of Haskins, Jones, Grier, or Lock will fall in our lap. All depends on who Elway covets.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Sanders is probably going to miss the entire training camp, if he's even the same player anymore after that kind of injury at his age. We could be drafting again, but I think Elway is more likely to sign a vet WR. It's going to be a very rich WR free agent season. Golden Tate, Jermaine Kearse, Cordarelle Patterson, John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Chris Hogan, Jordan Matthews, Bruce Ellington, Chris Conley, Rashard Higgins, Tavon Austin - all available. I think we need to use our early picks on offensive line and secondary and QB, and use cap on vet players to help transition Sutton and Hamilton, if we don't re-sign Patrick (which I think we should).
    I agree with all of that. I would let Sutton, hamilton, and patrick grow into their roles.increased roles. Sign someone cheap with potential like Ausin to be #4 who can also return kicks.

    QB, OL, and the secondary need talented youth quick. WR already has talented youth.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I agree with all of that. I would let Sutton, hamilton, and patrick grow into their roles.increased roles. Sign someone cheap with potential like Ausin to be #4 who can also return kicks.

    QB, OL, and the secondary need talented youth quick. WR already has talented youth.
    Someone that can be had in the 3rd round possibly is Parris Campbell. He has as much potential as any of these first round guys.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,162
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Earlier this week Elway said that he wants a QB who is a pocket passer first, and then everything else such as mobility and play extender, would be secondary to being a pocket passer.

    .

    To me, Daniel Jones fits this mold the best. Elway knows how amazing Manning was, hopefully he sees the potential in Jones with him having the same coach Peyton did. However he'll have to slip past TB, NY, and JAX. The good news is that unless a huge amount of trade-ups occur, Grier, Haskins, Lock, and Jones could be available without having to trade. Elway's got his work cut out for him. This may be the only chance he'll get to draft a QB again. I don't think he'll get a third chance at the draft if we get another Paxton Lynch.
    I want to watch Jones at the combine more than the others, because there were some things I had some questions about after watching his games. Want to see the velocity and ball placement on timing routes outside the numbers, consistent ball placement on in-breaking intermediate routes, and timing on deep routes (9 routes in particular). Two guys I have zero worries about on deep routes are Lock and Grier. Haskins can have erratic timing, throwing too late, downfield. So I want to see Haskins and Jones in that department. I want to see Grier have quick feet, set, and throw dimes outside the numbers. I want to see Lock be consistent underneath and intermediate, but he has the most arm talent out of the group, IMO, where making every throw is concerned. Right now though, Jones worries me the most where actually throwing the ball is concerned. He seems more polished than the others everywhere else, though. Only other thing I wanted to see watching him play was challenge defenses vertically more than he did, but that could be related to the offense, gameplan, game script, etc.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,626
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    TB has announced Winston is coming back, they won’t be drafting a QB. Realistically we can stay at 10 and one of Haskins, Jones, Grier, or Lock will fall in our lap. All depends on who Elway covets.
    Got it, thanks. Very surprised Tampa's FO decided to keep Winston. I thought after this season's mishaps and character issues he wasn't going to re-signed.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    We could also get the top WR at ten trade Sanders and suck for one more year but be in THE Best cap position a year from now then go QB.Imagine a year from now having Lindsay and Freeman as RB tandem then Sutton,Top WR this year top QB next year and a ton of cap room to throw at Offensive line virtually guarantees the next QB will succeed.
    We have plenty of cap now after cutting some guys now, and plenty of contracts expire after next year: Sanders, Harris, Wolfe, Keenum, and guys like Marshall/Stewart etc can be cut.

    Denver's cap is fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •