Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    no just a hypothetical. I'm sure as the official offseason approaches Elway will start getting more calls about Von. I'd say there's a 30-50% chance he'll be traded, based on how serious Elway is about rebuilding.
    Elway never said he'd trade Von, he wouldnt be doing his job if he didnt take calls. And i dont think Elway wants to rebuild. Unless it's for a franchise QB, i dont think Von's going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Sanders is probably going to miss the entire training camp, if he's even the same player anymore after that kind of injury at his age. We could be drafting again, but I think Elway is more likely to sign a vet WR. It's going to be a very rich WR free agent season. Golden Tate, Jermaine Kearse, Cordarelle Patterson, John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Chris Hogan, Jordan Matthews, Bruce Ellington, Chris Conley, Rashard Higgins, Tavon Austin - all available. I think we need to use our early picks on offensive line and secondary and QB, and use cap on vet players to help transition Sutton and Hamilton, if we don't re-sign Patrick (which I think we should).
    Patrick is on an ERFA type of deal, then RFA, he'll be back. And that WR FA class is kinda meh minus Tate and a couple others.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I'm over here spit balling Detroit eating 30 mil to burn their pick and some of ours on a move up for Haskins, and people are perplexed. We need to go baby steps on this trade business.
    Again I agree with the baby steps, to a degree, meaning oline and defense as a whole however, we NEED a QB. Period. One that can come in and run an offense. Mayfield is not going to play for VJ for very long if he is the same coach he was here... And yes my love for my Sooners and wanting a great player as our QB ( a Sooner ) may be influencing my thinking here but Mayfield would be a great acquisition for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Again I agree with the baby steps, to a degree, meaning oline and defense as a whole however, we NEED a QB. Period. One that can come in and run an offense. Mayfield is not going to play for VJ for very long if he is the same coach he was here... And yes my love for my Sooners and wanting a great player as our QB ( a Sooner ) may be influencing my thinking here but Mayfield would be a great acquisition for us.
    Has anyone heard if Murray has made up his mind on entering the draft? I haven't been following that one lately

I like Mayfield. I've been a fan ever since he planted the flag on Ohio State, and I'm an Ohio guy. Problem is, John Dorsey, I think. He's operating on a high level, and Idt he's dumb enough to hire a Vance Joseph or trade Baker.

I like Mayfield. I've been a fan ever since he planted the flag on Ohio State, and I'm an Ohio guy. Problem is, John Dorsey, I think. He's operating on a high level, and Idt he's dumb enough to hire a Vance Joseph or trade Baker.
    Dorsey is pretty sharp and knows what he has in Baker. With all that transpired around VJ, I can't see anyone outside of Cincy hiring him, other than somewhere else as a DC. Baker will most likely be with the Browns for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Someone that can be had in the 3rd round possibly is Parris Campbell. He has as much potential as any of these first round guys.
    Both WalterFootball mocks have him going to GB with the last pick of round one.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    Has anyone heard if Murray has made up his mind on entering the draft? I haven't been following that one lately
    Gil Brandt tweeted that he wouldn't be shocked if Murray actually returned to OU next year. There's a lot of speculation out there, that if he's not a first rounder, he won't come out. Nothing concrete.

Gil Brandt tweeted that he wouldn't be shocked if Murray actually returned to OU next year. There's a lot of speculation out there, that if he's not a first rounder, he won't come out. Nothing concrete.
    It's been a week or two since I've heard much on him but I did hear some comparison between him and Wilson. Do you see that as well

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    It's been a week or two since I've heard much on him but I did hear some comparison between him and Wilson. Do you see that as well
    I actually do, but I haven't watched many of his games, because I don't think he's entering the draft. So I'd have to defer to a Big 12 fan or someone who's watched all of his games. I know that when I watched Wilson at Wisconsin, I remember being really impressed though. Those are big shoes to fill, and I don't know this for sure, but I'd bet the main reason he fell was because of his height.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Both WalterFootball mocks have him going to GB with the last pick of round one.
    One of WFs drafts doesn't have us picking a QB, Ryan Finley from NC State, until the 4th round. I find that to be a little unbelievable considering how dire the situation is at QB. Keenum had better talent surrounding him than Siemian in 2016, and he played worse than Siemian. How is that possible? One of the reasons I find it hard to trust Walter Football's mock drafts. Look for Joel Klatt's mock drafts, he has a better pulse on the needs of teams in my opinion. Last year he got it right on Baker Mayfield and how badly Elway wanted him on this team
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Elway never said he'd trade Von, he wouldnt be doing his job if he didnt take calls. And i dont think Elway wants to rebuild. Unless it's for a franchise QB, i dont think Von's going anywhere.
    I think it's more likely than people expect. He isn't going to outright say that he is or isn't going to trade, not in a post-season presser. Von's cap hit is going to cost over 50 million over the course of 2019 to 2020. Can this franchise afford to do that when we have so many other issues elsewhere? Consider the fact that Miller is going to turn 30 years old. By 2020, does it make sense to have paid 50 million to an aging pass rusher? It might be best to get value out of Miller while the market is willing to pay a premium. It would make sense if we had a franchise caliber QB ready to take us to the playoffs to keep Von over the next two years, but we don't. The reality is that we are more than one or two years away from winning it all. Elway last year wouldn't admit to a rebuild, and spent a lot of money in free agency because he mistakenly assumed we were one or two players away. That gave us one more win than last year. This year we can no longer call this a re-tooling, not when we don't know who our HC or coordinators are, nor really the players.

Elway and the fans need to see the situation for what it is - we aren't a contender, and won't be until we completely fix the roster with better drafts and higher picks that come with getting rid of high cost vets.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 01-05-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

This is a pipe dream with no basis in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Patrick is on an ERFA type of deal, then RFA, he'll be back. And that WR FA class is kinda meh minus Tate and a couple others.
    Donte Moncrief and Jermaine Kearse are a tier above the players we have at the moment in my opinion. And the goal isn't to go out and get Antonio Brown, but an experienced vet to help bring along and take the pressure off the rookie receivers. If we draft a QB, we'll only have 2nd year receivers to throw to. The last thing we need is yet another rookie WR learning about route trees and separation with a green QB.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Why in the world would anyone want to draft Kyler Murray as our QB? The dude is 5’9” wearing heels and could up and bolt for baseball anytime, which translates to a wasted pick. He’s exciting to watch, but he is not an NFL QB. People are silly!