Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Why in the world would anyone want to draft Kyler Murray as our QB? The dude is 5’9” wearing heels and could up and bolt for baseball anytime, which translates to a wasted pick. He’s exciting to watch, but he is not an NFL QB. People are silly!
    I think the attraction is directly tied to the similarity in Wilson. I agree though, the more I think about Murray I think his height will be an issue

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Why in the world would anyone want to draft Kyler Murray as our QB? The dude is 5’9” wearing heels and could up and bolt for baseball anytime, which translates to a wasted pick. He’s exciting to watch, but he is not an NFL QB. People are silly!
    Oh, maybe because his talent is off the chart. Maybe because he could be the next Russell Wilson, who is just slightly taller than Murray.

Who said anything about us drafting him

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    Has anyone heard if Murray has made up his mind on entering the draft? I haven't been following that one lately
    Haven't heard BUT while I also love Murray, he is not an NFL caliber QB. He does not have the arm for it. He would make an awesome running back though.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Oh, maybe because his talent is off the chart. Maybe because he could be the next Russell Wilson, who is just slightly taller than Murray.
    Actually it isn't. While he could lead an offense he doesn't have the arm an NFL QB needs. He would make an awesome running back though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think it's more likely than people expect. He isn't going to outright say that he is or isn't going to trade, not in a post-season presser. Von's cap hit is going to cost over 50 million over the course of 2019 to 2020. Can this franchise afford to do that when we have so many other issues elsewhere? Consider the fact that Miller is going to turn 30 years old. By 2020, does it make sense to have paid 50 million to an aging pass rusher? It might be best to get value out of Miller while the market is willing to pay a premium. It would make sense if we had a franchise caliber QB ready to take us to the playoffs to keep Von over the next two years, but we don't. The reality is that we are more than one or two years away from winning it all. Elway last year wouldn't admit to a rebuild, and spent a lot of money in free agency because he mistakenly assumed we were one or two players away. That gave us one more win than last year. This year we can no longer call this a re-tooling, not when we don't know who our HC or coordinators are, nor really the players.

Elway and the fans need to see the situation for what it is - we aren't a contender, and won't be until we completely fix the roster with better drafts and higher picks that come with getting rid of high cost vets.
    We have alot of contracts expiring the next 2 years so yeah we can. I'm not against moving Von but with Barrett/Ray gone in free agency, and no real edge rushers in sight, doesnt make much sense.

Elway never said he'd trade Von, it was a question asked from a reporter, and now everyone thinks theyre moving him.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    We have alot of contracts expiring the next 2 years so yeah we can. I'm not against moving Von but with Barrett/Ray gone in free agency, and no real edge rushers in sight, doesnt make much sense.

Elway never said he'd trade Von, it was a question asked from a reporter, and now everyone thinks theyre moving him.
    And after all the ensuing drama the reporter gave a clearer context of the question and answer.

I don't think it's a certainty either, but only a possibility Von gets traded. I get he's important, but his contract makes it really hard to justify keeping him when his prime is going to probably be past in two seasons. I don't think this franchise would be in worse shape if we let Miller go and keep Barrett who would be much cheaper, and draft a new pass rusher which this draft is pretty rich in.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I don't think it's a certainty either, but only a possibility Von gets traded. I get he's important, but his contract makes it really hard to justify keeping him when his prime is going to probably be past in two seasons. I don't think this franchise would be in worse shape if we let Miller go and keep Barrett who would be much cheaper, and draft a new pass rusher which this draft is pretty rich in.
    We'd be alot worse on defense, Chubb would get doubled every snap. Shaq is a good rotational guy, not a good starter.

And this isnt a great edge group, aside from Bosa imo.

One of WFs drafts doesn't have us picking a QB, Ryan Finley from NC State, until the 4th round. I find that to be a little unbelievable considering how dire the situation is at QB. Keenum had better talent surrounding him than Siemian in 2016, and he played worse than Siemian. How is that possible? One of the reasons I find it hard to trust Walter Football's mock drafts. Look for Joel Klatt's mock drafts, he has a better pulse on the needs of teams in my opinion. Last year he got it right on Baker Mayfield and how badly Elway wanted him on this team
    No prob.....this time of year I typically don't look too much into mocks, and if I do, WF is usually right near the top of the page. I was wondering if they saw a QB in our plans, and one of them did early...with Jones.

We'd be alot worse on defense, Chubb would get doubled every snap. Shaq is a good rotational guy, not a good starter.

And this isnt a great edge group, aside from Bosa imo.
    But consider the fact that Miller in the past three seasons has not gotten this team to the playoffs despite his play. 31 other teams don't have Miller or a Mack, yet they still make playoffs consistently every year. If we can trade him for picks that get us a franchise QB along with another elite player in the draft, wouldn't it be worth it?
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 01-05-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Problem is, John Dorsey, I think. He's operating on a high level, and Idt he's dumb enough to hire a Vance Joseph or trade Baker.
    If Dorsey is dumb enough to hire VJ, gettin Mayfield will be a cake walk. And I pray he is.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-05-2019 at 01:07 PM.

I would not be opposed to trading up in order to get Haskins, I think the Broncos will need to get in front of the Giants to get him. If that requires moving Von, that should be a consideration imo.

Daniel Jones QB from Duke at pick 10 my prediction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Not saying Daniel Jones isn't an NFL talent, just don't see him as a 1st round talent. The two stats I like to look at for QBs are passer rating and yards per attempt. Both Haskins and Grier are top 10 in both categories, Jones more like 70-80 range. Assuming the Okla kid goes baseball and yeah he does look even smaller than Mayfield, I would be willing to wait for Tua if we were willing to tank for him.