View Poll Results: how many more years until the broncos have another winning season?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • next year (LOL yeah right! )

20 76.92%
  • 3 years

1 3.85%
  • 5 years

2 7.69%
  • 10+

3 11.54%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i talk a lot of smack on elway but ive also said if the broncos return to even compete for SB's i will change my tune, let alone if they win another one during his watch.
    And I give Elway a lot credit for resurrecting our team from a 4-12 Josh McDaniels catastrophe, despite Elway having no idea how to run a football team. He took the job at the request of Pat Bowlen to save the Broncos reputation.
    .....that said if Elway donít get us back to being a division champ and contender he will go down as 1 hit wonder GM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    And I give Elway a lot credit for resurrecting our team from a 4-12 Josh McDaniels catastrophe, despite Elway having no idea how to run a football team. He took the job at the request of Pat Bowlen to save the Broncos reputation.
    .....that said if Elway donít get us back to being a division champ and contender he will go down as 1 hit wonder GM.
    If I remember correctly, Elway the job under title of President of Football Operations.

I guess that meant he was going through a hands on learning process. Then with pats blessing Xanderís was dismissed and John took over as GM.

If I understood correctly, Pat was still a somewhat functional owner until the 2014 season. A lot of people will say that John did Xanderís dirty but I think everyone understood what was happening at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i talk a lot of smack on elway but ive also said if the broncos return to even compete for SB's i will change my tune, let alone if they win another one during his watch.
    Once again, your lame "arm chair" analysis and opinions" of any team, GM, QB, coach, etc. have no meaning, substance or relevance when you say: "If I'm wrong I'll change my tune". Why put yourself in a position to admit you were wrong. Your just imitating a phony fortune teller.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Once again, your lame "arm chair" analysis and opinions" of any team, GM, QB, coach, etc. have no meaning, substance or relevance when you say: "If I'm wrong I'll change my tune". Why put yourself in a position to admit you were wrong. Your just imitating a phony fortune teller.
    because most of the time i am not wrong. why put myself in a position where i could end up wrong? because i'm not a gutless whiner that says nothing that could come back and haunt me just because i'm scared to be wrong and just come to a smack forum and whine about people talking smack........

all opinions can end up wrong, deal with it. how many "arm chair GM's" are in general discussions right now? go get yourself a box a tissues and wipe those tears from your face.

Welcome Back! #85

Robin Carlin
    @robincarlin

19m

#Broncos Chris Harris Jr. just posted on Instagram: ďHe (Elway) got way too disrespectfulĒ

Lesson here is ....NEVER give a hometown discount. NEVER. The team doesnít play nice & you donít get rewarded for it.

Welcome Back! #85

Every GM in the league had a shot at Peyton in 2012, Elway landed him, case closed.....
    That was Elways job, and he took care of business.
    I think the criticism of Elway has always been that he in the past relied too much on free agency to make the Broncos contenders rather than building a team from the ground up where they could compete for a decade. The Broncos were good for 3 years and poof, once those free agents got old/retired or demanded more money, the Broncos became a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I think the criticism of Elway has always been that he in the past relied too much on free agency to make the Broncos contenders rather than building a team from the ground up where they could compete for a decade. The Broncos were good for 3 years and poof, once those free agents got old/retired or demanded more money, the Broncos became a bad team.
    Denver won 5 straight division titles, eat the Patriots twice in the conference championship, and a Super Bowl during Elways 8 seasons as GM. Elway has had 2 losing seasons out of 8. I get as a Patriot fan that sounds horrible, but Iím pretty sure 90% of the league would sign up for that today if they were promised that for their team the next 8 years.

how many more years until 58miller decides to be a big boy and read/comprehend the posts before he responds to them?

Welcome Back! #85

Denver won 5 straight division titles, eat the Patriots twice in the conference championship, and a Super Bowl during Elways 8 seasons as GM. Elway has had 2 losing seasons out of 8. I get as a Patriot fan that sounds horrible, but Iím pretty sure 90% of the league would sign up for that today if they were promised that for their team the next 8 years.
    I agree in general, but the trend is going against Elway. 3 years without a playoff appearance and 11 wins total over the last 2 years - And, there are zero indications that he has a plan to improve the offense as the defense continues to age out.

Personally, I want the Broncos playing post season football - So TB can trounce them like the last 2 meetings. He shouldn't retire with a losing record to Denver.