Schefter: Broncos Denying Teams Requests To Interview Kubiak

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Broncos blocking teams from interviewing Gary Kubiak for OC openings, per league sources.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Good, we need to get him back calling plays again. Lindsay and Freeman would thrive under his offense

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Good!

I like Kubiak and don't want to see him helping any other team but ours.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Only way I am Ok with this is if he has adapted his offense. The concern I have there is that for a run game to work well like his we need BIG BIG and STRONG lineman who can move quickly for their size. That was the issue we had when he was here before. The offense in '16 wasn't great and the running offense in '18 was better. So we need to hope that Kubiak (if he is going to get the call for our OC job) has adapted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Only way I am Ok with this is if he has adapted his offense. The concern I have there is that for a run game to work well like his we need BIG BIG and STRONG lineman who can move quickly for their size. That was the issue we had when he was here before. The offense in '16 wasn't great and the running offense in '18 was better. So we need to hope that Kubiak (if he is going to get the call for our OC job) has adapted.
    I hope Elway knows this otherwise hes just hiring another friend however those linemen in 2016 werent Kubiak Guys But I understand hopefully he adjust to the linemen on the team this year.

Shanahan always had lighter mobile guys playing on the line, hence super bowl XXXII the smallest offensive line vs the biggest so they dont necessarily have to be bigger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I hope Elway knows this otherwise he’s just hiring another friend however those linemen in 2016 werent Kubiak Guys But I understand hopefully he adjust to the linemen on the team this year.

Shanahan always had lighter mobile guys playing on the line, hence super bowl XXXII the smallest offensive line vs the biggest so they don’t necessarily have to be bigger guys.
    That really depends on the predominate blocking scheme the OL uses. If it is zone they'll look for quick and agile players and Shanny employed Gibbs zone blocking back in the day with great results.

Looks as if KUB's is on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    That really depends on the predominate blocking scheme the OL uses. If it is zone they'll look for quick and agile players and Shanny employed Gibbs zone blocking back in the day with great results.
    Yes but also of note is that now many of the bigger lineman are also quick. So we need to be careful that we don't get caught going tiny and then get slaughtered by a big ol nasty DL.