Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,414

    WTH Miles Garret recruiting Von Miller

    Miles Garret is posting on social media that they need to make this wreaking crew a reality! Where is Cleveland picking this year, I don't remember but if were trading von to them we better be getting Denzel Ward and a first (which aint going to happen) or multiple 1 st rounders.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,414
    I am just so irritated by all of this!

    We all heard John say that Von could play better but by the same token Elway could do better as well.

    You don't fail in the draft and fail attempting to find a QB as much as John has and then call out your best player.
    Von got 14 sacks, give him a QB with a lead and he'll get you 20plus sacks...

    Sorry about the rant but even ppl in the highest positions need to think twice before opening their mouths.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I am just so irritated by all of this!

    We all heard John say that Von could play better but by the same token Elway could do better as well.

    You don't fail in the draft and fail attempting to find a QB as much as John has and then call out your best player.
    Von got 14 sacks, give him a QB with a lead and he'll get you 20plus sacks...

    Sorry about the rant but even ppl in the highest positions need to think twice before opening their mouths.
    no. he won't. I looked it up a while ago and I think it was only 3 or 4 players in the past 10-20 years have gotten 20+ sacks and 1 of them was JJ Watt who had done it a couple of times. It's very very hard to hit 20 sacks and Von has only come close once and that was 2012.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,414
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    no. he won't. I looked it up a while ago and I think it was only 3 or 4 players in the past 10-20 years have gotten 20+ sacks and 1 of them was JJ Watt who had done it a couple of times. It's very very hard to hit 20 sacks and Von has only come close once and that was 2012.
    It was a figure of speech but give him a lead and he should get you more sacks but its completely wrong to call out your best defender when your defense has kept you alive in most games for the last 3 seasons because you can build an offensive line or find a decent QB.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,414
    Maybe Garrett is looking to be traded to Denver.......

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It was a figure of speech but give him a lead and he should get you more sacks but its completely wrong to call out your best defender when your defense has kept you alive in most games for the last 3 seasons because you can build an offensive line or find a decent QB.
    I find it so odd that Elway refuses to build a good Oline. You would think an EX QB would know the value of that and make it a priority.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Maybe Garrett is looking to be traded to Denver.......
    I never thought I would say this, but Cleveland seems to have a much higher trajectory than Denver at the moment.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,656
    I think Garrett's just doing some 'wishful thinking' out loud.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I never thought I would say this, but Cleveland seems to have a much higher trajectory than Denver at the moment.
    They don't "seem" to. They do. They will be a playoff team next year.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Maybe Garrett is looking to be traded to Denver.......
    hahaha Chubb almost matched Garrett's stats and as a rookie even so that's pretty impressive. Also aside from TFL Chubb posted better numbers than Mack up until week 15! I haven't checked the stats since.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,767
    If Cleveland could land Von and only give up draft picks, they could be a contender in '19!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,414
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I find it so odd that Elway refuses to build a good Oline. You would think an EX QB would know the value of that and make it a priority.
    I think he realizes it however its like Vons mother said, Hes just gone cheap on that side of the ball. I don't remember where I read it but I saw something like more than 60% of the salary cap was dedicated to the defense.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I think Garrett's just doing some 'wishful thinking' out loud.
    Or hinting he wants traded to us or that Miller should ask to be traded to them.... That tweet or whatever could mean a host of things and until Garrett comes out and explains it, we will not know and any comments on it is just guess work on our part.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-07-2019 at 02:41 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,414
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    If Cleveland could land Von and only give up draft picks, they could be a contender in '19!
    I would demand Denzel Ward, which they'll never go for but at the same time and aside from the cap hit, we shouldn't even be considering trading Von either
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    If Cleveland could land Von and only give up draft picks, they could be a contender in '19!
    Pretty sure they are going to be a contender in '19 whether they get Miller or not. Unless they hire VJ and if they do hopefully Mayfield will want traded.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •