Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Whoever gets #1 in 21 isnt trading that pick unless they have an elite QB. He's certainly worth tanking for.
    I wonder how many picks it would take to get him, though? If RGIII can get you three 1st round picks, the bidding on Lawrence would have to start at four.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd still take Tua over Lawerence if any one was allowed to e in it. but it is 2 years and remember when locker or barkley was suppost to be first. he is obviously one of the most talented players on one of the best teams in the college, but i think he has a bright future. i just feel these last 2-3 QB classes i have started to follow hard core sense high school. and i think Tua is more coachable and has a better work ethic. talent is about equil but i still love everything i see from tua. everything i hear from Tua.
    I never thought Barkley was that good, though. At least comparing the two as first years as starters, it's not even close, I don't think. I do remember Winston being really good his first year. That might be a good cautionary tale, there. Here's what really bugged me about Tagovailoa last night. It was like he made up his mind before the ball was snapped where he was going to throw it. I haven't watched too many Bama games this year, but is that by design? No doubt he can play, just don't know why he didn't do a better job of seeing the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I never thought Barkley was that good, though. At least comparing the two as first years as starters, it's not even close, I don't think. I do remember Winston being really good his first year. That might be a good cautionary tale, there. Here's what really bugged me about Tagovailoa last night. It was like he made up his mind before the ball was snapped where he was going to throw it. I haven't watched too many Bama games this year, but is that by design? No doubt he can play, just don't know why he didn't do a better job of seeing the field.
    i think that is some what common. i also think that may be by design it looked like he has been there this whole season. he is also not the best at working multiple routes, but i think you could say that about 90% of young QBs.. 3 years is a long time from now and no one would have called Mahomes being the best QB to be taken in the last the 5 years. it is still a ?. i think he can be special but will he work his way into elite. who knows you can't telll that in college mostly. the speed and the game plans are so different between the leagues. it is alot harder for sperations and you as a QB need to trust WR and let them make plays even when there covered some times like i said it is more of a mental thing why i like Tua then his play so far.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

The thing that bothers me the most about Tua is he holds the ball a really long time. His work ethic is fantastic, I like character, And he has the physical tools. Just think is post snap mental processing has to speed up a bit, which Iím sure it will.

Lawerence is jaw dropping as a true freshman. Same with Tua I think he needs to speed up his post snap decision making. Couple times he had a wide open crosser, and he would get it there, just a full second longer than he should have.

His poise in the pocket for a TF is unbelievable. He was stepping up, and delivering throws even though he knew he was going to get decked.

Quote Originally Posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
    The thing that bothers me the most about Tua is he holds the ball a really long time. His work ethic is fantastic, I like character, And he has the physical tools. Just think is post snap mental processing has to speed up a bit, which Iím sure it will.

Lawerence is jaw dropping as a true freshman. Same with Tua I think he needs to speed up his post snap decision making. Couple times he had a wide open crosser, and he would get it there, just a full second longer than he should have.

His poise in the pocket for a TF is unbelievable. He was stepping up, and delivering throws even though he knew he was going to get decked.
    TL has been the starter at his high school all 4 years and it looks like he will be a starter in college for 3. he is probably gonna be special. i think long term out of these recent classes we will be remember Wentz mahomes mayfield Tua and TL as the elite Qbs.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

It is worth being bad for 2 years to get TL. If thatís the plan, then you trade Von and Harris Jr and load up on picks for 2020 and 2021. But, this works only if you get this kid. Getting TL for 15 years is worth tanking for 2.

If you load up on OL and DL, CB and LB this draft... and next... play Case next year and go 7-9... then start whichever mid round QB you get this draft (Rypian, Stridham) next season... go 3-13... then you have a shot.

But, tough path. Better route is to stick with Keenum and see what happens next season. Maybe get Tua or Fromm. Maybe Keenum has another run in him.

Then, just stink in 2020 and hope for a miracle.

Either way, tough sell to grab a QB at 10 this draft.

Get clever for Trevor!

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Get clever for Trevor!
    As much as I would love him as our QB there is no way we are waiting 2 years to solve the QB situation, especially with a new HC coming in this year.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd still take Tua over Lawerence if any one was allowed to e in it. but it is 2 years and remember when locker or barkley was suppost to be first. he is obviously one of the most talented players on one of the best teams in the college, but i think he has a bright future. i just feel these last 2-3 QB classes i have started to follow hard core sense high school. and i think Tua is more coachable and has a better work ethic. talent is about equil but i still love everything i see from tua. everything i hear from Tua.
    I just don't see it with Tua. I don't think he reads the field/defense well, and relies on his playmakers abilities and his own to stay out of trouble from it. When I see him play I see Matt Leinart. That's not meant as an insult in that Leinart was a great NCAA QB and could have been a much better NFL QB with work ethic. What I mean is that I see a good QB, but not necessarily a great one, and I don't think he's worth a top pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    As much as I would love him as our QB there is no way we are waiting 2 years to solve the QB situation, especially with a new HC coming in this year.
    Thatís obvious... but with Keenum and with weak QB draft class, it might play into our decision to go BPA at 10 (not QB). Build foundation some more and address QB next draft (or if our guy slips to late 1st or 2nd round)

That’s obvious... but with Keenum and with weak QB draft class, it might play into our decision to go BPA at 10 (not QB). Build foundation some more and address QB next draft (or if our guy slips to late 1st or 2nd round)
    But if you build the foundation up, and the coaching goes to even average, you're probably not drafting high enough to get a top QB in the near future. You're probably drafting around 16-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I just don't see it with Tua. I don't think he reads the field/defense well, and relies on his playmakers abilities and his own to stay out of trouble from it. When I see him play I see Matt Leinart. That's not meant as an insult in that Leinart was a great NCAA QB and could have been a much better NFL QB with work ethic. What I mean is that I see a good QB, but not necessarily a great one, and I don't think he's worth a top pick.
    I think Tua does have the work ethic that Leinart lacked. Plus, he's much more talented. Leinart was a statuesque pocket passer with a weak arm whereas Tua has a live arm and can scramble when necessary.

It is worth being bad for 2 years to get TL. If that’s the plan, then you trade Von and Harris Jr and load up on picks for 2020 and 2021. But, this works only if you get this kid. Getting TL for 15 years is worth tanking for 2.

If you load up on OL and DL, CB and LB this draft... and next... play Case next year and go 7-9... then start whichever mid round QB you get this draft (Rypian, Stridham) next season... go 3-13... then you have a shot.

But, tough path. Better route is to stick with Keenum and see what happens next season. Maybe get Tua or Fromm. Maybe Keenum has another run in him.

Then, just stink in 2020 and hope for a miracle.

Either way, tough sell to grab a QB at 10 this draft.
    Has intentionally tanking ever really worked? I can think of one time where it did when the Pittburgh Penguins tanked it up to get Mario Lemieux.
    Last edited by gerontion; 01-08-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Has intentionally tanking ever really worked. I can think of one time where it did when the Pittburgh Penguins tanked it up to get Mario Lemieux.
    Ottowa is currently tanking for the avlanche

Doesnt take tanking, just manipulation of picks and assets
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Ottowa is currently tanking for the avlanche

Doesnt take tanking, just manipulation of picks and assets
    As an Avs fan I say "tanks" very much to Ottawa. Ok, sorry about that.