Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,088
    It's also possible some potential HCs see Kubiak, and maybe some other assistants, as assets.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,873
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    It's also possible some potential HCs see Kubiak, and maybe some other assistants, as assets.

    Some people here don't have a clue, they don't stop and think that maybe the new to come coaches actually requested that they remain in place?? I honestly don't know what is wrong with a Munchak or Fangio hire, Munchak especially. He is obviously a coveted coach around the league the last couple of years. He turned down head coaching opportunities last year and this year for the "right situation" if he is willing to take the Denver job that makes me feel good about where we are.


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  3. #33
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    7,789
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Some people here don't have a clue, they don't stop and think that maybe the new to come coaches actually requested that they remain in place?? I honestly don't know what is wrong with a Munchak or Fangio hire, Munchak especially. He is obviously a coveted coach around the league the last couple of years. He turned down head coaching opportunities last year and this year for the "right situation" if he is willing to take the Denver job that makes me feel good about where we are.
    Before the Broncos started talking to anyone, Elway said the assistants would remain under contract until a new head coach was hired.

    Their retention has nothing to do with any requests.

    The only real issue seams to be Kubiak and whether or not Elway is trying to force him onto the new head coach.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    How many people thought Doug Pederson would lead Philly to a Super Bowl? Or that Anthony Lynn would take the Chargers to 12-4? Or that Tom Coughlin would win two SBs against Belichick and outperform Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, and Andy Reid while in the same division?

    Here's a hint: Nobody. Slow and steady wins a lot of races.

    You have no idea how Munchak or Fangio will do. So lighten up and stop preaching the same hellfire and damnation sermon over and over again.
    But all those teams have a QB. Our coaching staff can only do so much with the scubs we have had since Mannings left

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,551
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The only real issue seams to be Kubiak and whether or not Elway is trying to force him onto the new head coach.
    Unless we learn something different different Kubiak has a front office role.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northwest Oklahoma.
    Posts
    6,950
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Before the Broncos started talking to anyone, Elway said the assistants would remain under contract until a new head coach was hired.

    Their retention has nothing to do with any requests.

    The only real issue seams to be Kubiak and whether or not Elway is trying to force him onto the new head coach.
    How do you force someone to accept an assistant when all they have to is say no thank you to the job???

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    Ok, so I stand corrected. But at the end of the day, we are still talking about Mike Munchak here. Where is Mike McCarthy? Where is Bruce Ariens? Where are some of the hot talents from college? We got nothing. It's a bad job, people know it. Elway is micromanaging. This is going to be some weird hybrid coaching regime via Fangio/Munchak, Kubiak, and Elway. It's bad.

    And how do you know it's bad? Elway said we need to evolve our offense to include some of the latest college concepts. Who are we hiring? Munchak/Kubes, or Fangio/Kubes. Yeah, that's evolving. Not because we didn't want to, but because we couldn't. We COULDN'T, We couldn't find someone to come here that was qualified to do this. Either Elway, or Ellis had a beef with them (Gase, McD), or the situation just couldn't attract them (college ranks, Harbaugh, Shaw etc). Even among the old guard, we couldn't attract or make a good hire work (McCarthy, Ariens, Toub). And don't get me wrong, I'm not upset because Munchak or Fangio would be bad HC's elsewhere, because I have no reason to believe that. I'm upset because I don't think ANYONE could come in here and do a good job with the way the situation has been set up. You hire someone and stack the room with guys that aren't his. How does that make sense?

    Please, someone argue that this is being managed well. Point to a situation where the GM/Owner has meddled this much and it payed off. I don't think you can, but I would love to be proven wrong. My Broncos are swirling, this makes me ill. I'm going to go have a taco.

    This is sick, and I don't mean the good kind either.
    I'm not thrilled at the prospect of Broncos hiring Mike Munchak or Vic Fangio as the next head coach, but I'll take either over Mike McCarthy. As a head coach, he's not even average. He's straight up bad, period.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    10,874
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I'm not thrilled at the prospect of Broncos hiring Mike Munchak or Vic Fangio as the next head coach, but I'll take either over Mike McCarthy. As a head coach, he's not even average. He's straight up bad, period.
    I don’t see where anyone can be high on Mike McCarthy. He had Aaron Rodgers for 11 seasons however he could only manage one super bowl victory!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,714
    Mike McCarthy wants total control ?
    (I Think)
    Thats not gonna work in Denver.
    He would be a good fit with the Jets.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Well...to be fair the candidates they chose were chosen in part because of their willingness to accept Kubiak as an assistant or coordinator.
    I will lose all kind of respect for Munchak if he keeps Kubiak (picker of Paxton Lynch, Trevor Semien, and Case Keenum and don't forget Vance Joseph)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think the current state of ownership (Ellis and trust nonsense) and Elway’s contract expiring in 3 years gives candidates more pause than fact Elway is asking potential hires to work with SB winning Gary Kubiak.
    SB Winning Kubiak? Yes, he was head coach. John Fox nearly beat the Patriots in the SB and had an absolute best record-setting offense and got to the SB with another team. John Fox is a genius coach. We should require that every coach coming in MUST take Fox because he was the head coach when we set all kinds of offensive records and made it to the SB. Hooray for John Fox - offensive genius

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I will lose all kind of respect for Munchak if he keeps Kubiak (picker of Paxton Lynch, Trevor Semien, and Case Keenum and don't forget Vance Joseph)
    Do you really believe Kubiak picked Paxton Lynch? Ha.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    I will lose all kind of respect for Munchak if he keeps Kubiak (picker of Paxton Lynch, Trevor Semien, and Case Keenum and don't forget Vance Joseph)
    Yeah, we kinda need a whole new identity and scheme.
    Keep Kubiak in the front office with John Elway.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Wade does deserve credit for maximizing the talent Elway provided him with, no doubt. However, Wade hasn't actually done a great job with the Rams. In 2017 they were ranked 19th overall, 12 in points per game. In 2018 they were ranked 19th overall, 20th in points per game. Meanwhile, in 2017 Denver was ranked 3rd overall, but 22nd in points per game. In 2018 Denver was ranked 22nd overall, but 13th in points per game.

    It's also inaccurate to say he missed on 5 straight drafts. 2016 was actually a good draft. 2014 produced two key players in Roby and Paradis.

    You say the luster is starting to fade from SB 50. Well, consider this. After joining the NFL in 1970, it took the Broncos 27 years to win its first SB, 37 if you count the AFL years. After winning its second a year later, it took another 17 years to win a 3rd.
    The problem with your logic is we have been blessed with TWO HOF QBs, one which lasted over a decade. Get a HOF calibre QB and you get to and win Super Bowls. If you fail to do that you resort to keeping old buddies like Kubiak around.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Do you really believe Kubiak picked Paxton Lynch? Ha.
    He was the head coach and a key confidant of Elway at the time. Do you think he warned Elway NOT to pick Lynch? He was definitely part of the group that said yah or nah. If he was against picking Lynch I never heard that story.
    My point wasn't that the key blame on those QBs and coaches was Kubiak, just that the lemmings here seem to think Kubiak is some valuable resource to the organization. I don't see that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •