Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    SB Winning Kubiak? Yes, he was head coach. John Fox nearly beat the Patriots in the SB and had an absolute best record-setting offense and got to the SB with another team. John Fox is a genius coach. We should require that every coach coming in MUST take Fox because he was the head coach when we set all kinds of offensive records and made it to the SB. Hooray for John Fox - offensive genius
    The most unsung thing about Kubiak was the way he handled the Manning/Osweiler situation. There's a lot of disdain for Kubiak's "archaic" system, because of how bad old Peyton looked in it, but then I see McCarthy getting love in here. All I ever heard about McCarthy when he was struggling in GB was how stale his offense is. All you have to do is look at who the Packers just hired to figure out they want to be less dependent on Aaron Rodgers winning all of their games. Says a lot about what they think of McCarthy's innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Some people here don't have a clue, they don't stop and think that maybe the new to come coaches actually requested that they remain in place?? I honestly don't know what is wrong with a Munchak or Fangio hire, Munchak especially. He is obviously a coveted coach around the league the last couple of years. He turned down head coaching opportunities last year and this year for the "right situation" if he is willing to take the Denver job that makes me feel good about where we are.
    Correction...None of us have a clue.At this point that is being discussed by media and fans is speculation and preference.

We have no idea what they decision makers in the FO are planning or thinking. Honestly do not even know if the decision makers are all on the same page and working together.

What long term plan do they have? What identity for the team are they going for? What skillsets do they prioritize in the HC search? What personality are they looking for? What vision of style or systems? What questions are they asking?

I am having a tough time building any enthusiasm for the HC choice because I do not see any identity or direction with the Broncos. Likely becomes more clear after they make the hire and see how the assistants are all selected. Perfect defined fits and roles? Square pegs in round holes decisions? Or simply more uncertainty?

At the moment the Broncos are off course and floundering. Over the next few weeks we will see how they choose to correct the course and have a long term destination or continued over corrections and over reactions that leave the team where it is.

My only hope is they pick a strong leader and let him run the team as he sees fit. . The interference by the FO in coaching hires and decisions is not a solid business plan. You either trust a new HC to choose his staff and trust his leadership or you don't. They trusted Fox, they didn't Joseph.

Honestly, I would take Munchak and Fangio over anyone that has been hired so far. Kingsbury, LaFluer, possibly Kitchens, gimme a break. Arians and McCarthy are the only proven commodities, and maybe Pagano. I like to believe that Elway is just keeping these assistants around so the new coach can evaluate them. Then if Fangio comes in here and keeps a guy like Joe Woods people will say he was force fed Woods.
    Idk, lets see how it plays out. The fact that Fangio never got offered a HC job at any level before does concern me, but heck, he canít be any worse than VJ.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Honestly, I would take Munchak and Fangio over anyone that has been hired so far. Kingsbury, LaFluer, possibly Kitchens, gimme a break. Arians and McCarthy are the only proven commodities, and maybe Pagano. I like to believe that Elway is just keeping these assistants around so the new coach can evaluate them. Then if Fangio comes in here and keeps a guy like Joe Woods people will say he was force fed Woods.
    Idk, lets see how it plays out. The fact that Fangio never got offered a HC job at any level before does concern me, but heck, he can’t be any worse than VJ.
    Really good observations. I. too, want to see how the whole staff shakes out, and you are right, no point in letting any of the contracted "help" walk until the new HC comes in and decides what he wants. I would rather of had Munchak but I'm basically OK with Fangio. I do worry about the Kubiak role, but Fangio is no wall flower. Like Fox he has a strong will and a vision of what he wants. I don't know that he can get it without Trubisky, but that's his fate

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    The problem with your logic is we have been blessed with TWO HOF QBs, one which lasted over a decade. Get a HOF calibre QB and you get to and win Super Bowls. If you fail to do that you resort to keeping old buddies like Kubiak around.
    And both those HOF QBs needed a lot of help to win those SBs. By the late 90s Elway couldn't carry the team anymore. He needed Sharpe, Smith, Eddie Mac, and TD to take the pressure off. In 2018 a completely broken down Peyton Manning was carried over the finish line by an all time great defense.

Kubiak has a good coaching record - 4 SBs. He was Steve Young's QB coach in SF. He was on the staff here when Shanahan won two SBs, and then of course he was the HC when we won SB50. It's also widely believed that he was the brains behind our impressive 2018 Draft class.

I don't have a problem with Kubiak at OC.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Kubiak has a good coaching record - 4 SBs. He was Steve Young's QB coach in SF. He was on the staff here when Shanahan won two SBs, and then of course he was the HC when we won SB50. It's also widely believed that he was the brains behind our impressive 2018 Draft class.

I don't have a problem with Kubiak at OC.
    Kubiak as OC doesnít excite me.

The offense in 2015 was not good, even with a healthy Osweiler.

Relying on defense is not the key to winning from now on.

They better find a franchise quarterback.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

I don't mind Kubiak at OC provided he's willing to make tweaks to his scheme, which, in theory shouldn't be too much to ask. The Sean McVay offense that the league is going gaga over isn't that far off from Kubiak's offense, he's just utilizing more one-back personnel groupings and pre-snap motions (Similar to Kyle Shanahan in San Fransisco).

KC, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, Indy, all have offenses more geared to the spread/RPO "college" concepts. My main concern is going to be his willingness to make the adjustments necessary to help shorten the learning curve for a young QB.
    Last edited by rockymtncrush; 01-09-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Kubiak as OC doesnít excite me.

The offense in 2015 was not good, even with a healthy Osweiler.

Relying on defense is not the key to winning from now on.

They better find a franchise quarterback.
    You been hanging out with Bill O'Brien? When was Osweiler injured in Houston?

We saw Kubiak as a Head Coach/OC. Let's wait and see what he can do as just an OC. If I remember correctly, the last time he was just an OC, he did pretty well with the Ravens.

I like this hire of Vic. One of the suggestions of DC's to bring in was Gregg Williams. That, IMO, would be a great hire. Since Vic is used to calling his defense from the booth, having a set of veteran eyes up in the booth to convey what he is seeing to Vic on the field would only help the situation.

I know that our last hire was a train wreck but I think Elway is a bad judge of up and comer's but has a good understanding of Veteran Coach's (Fox and Kubiak both were successful).

Quote Originally Posted by simplistickhaos View Post
    We saw Kubiak as a Head Coach/OC. Let's wait and see what he can do as just an OC. If I remember correctly, the last time he was just an OC, he did pretty well with the Ravens.

I like this hire of Vic. One of the suggestions of DC's to bring in was Gregg Williams. That, IMO, would be a great hire. Since Vic is used to calling his defense from the booth, having a set of veteran eyes up in the booth to convey what he is seeing to Vic on the field would only help the situation.

I know that our last hire was a train wreck but I think Elway is a bad judge of up and comer's but has a good understanding of Veteran Coach's (Fox and Kubiak both were successful).
    I think bringing in Gregg Williams would be amazing. Canít even imagine what our defense would be like.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    You been hanging out with Bill O'Brien? When was Osweiler injured in Houston?
    My comment was about Kubiakís offense, not Osweilerís abilities as a quarterback.

That offense was not good whether it was with a hurting Peyton Manning or a healthy Brock Osweiler.

Iím of the belief that the offense would have been better if Manning had been allowed to run his offense, despite his ailments.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Idk, lets see how it plays out. The fact that Fangio never got offered a HC job at any level before does concern me, but heck, he can’t be any worse than VJ.
    McCarthy isn't getting a job this year. He tried to limit who could talk to him and it turned out they weren't as into him as he was to them. Then Cleveland offered him the job but requested he keep Kitchens and he refused, they moved on.

McCarthy is trying flex muscles that he doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    My comment was about Kubiak’s offense, not Osweiler’s abilities as a quarterback.

That offense was not good whether it was with a hurting Peyton Manning or a healthy Brock Osweiler.

I’m of the belief that the offense would have been better if Manning had been allowed to run his offense, despite his ailments.
    I fully agree with that. I think Manning was a guy who was breaking down physically but was so mentally dialled in that he knew where everyone would be at every second and could just look and react. Once Kubiak came in it forced him to have to start thinking about things more, so it was look, think, pass. That extra time led to the defenses being able to get where they needed to be and get the ball.

I don't think he was going to be 2013 Manning by any means, but I think he would have been better in 2015 using his old offense.