Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    I still say draft Devin White and sign KJ Wright when he becomes available. Miller, White, Wright and Chub would be the best linebacker core in the NFL!
    True but with the worst QB core in the league would it even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Was about to post this. Devin White on our team essentially means no first round QB drafted. I don't think Elway is going to go for that, as in relying on Keenum to get this franchise to a winning state again.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Yes. Ala Josh McDaniels.
    He's a good example as well. It's not a good thing that Gase's players and former players were celebrating that he got fired. That says a lot about him, and ultimately I think he'll struggle in New York because of it. You don't have to be the players best friend, but you need to have their backs and you need to show them respect in order to get that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I wander if they would try the whole trade back into the 1st scenario again?? I'm with you though I want them to target a QB at 10 or even trade up if they have to.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Just watched the presser. I'm pumped up for next season. We may not have the most high flying offense, but that defense is going to be stout. If we can keep games close, and get a lead, its going to be tough for anyone to match us. We have some holes to fill but I think we can get it done.

I read some comments earlier today about Vic not doing so well in his presser. Didn't have time to look then but just did see it now.

I gotta say from the start I said he wasn't my choice but was my favorite from the list that we interviewed. Gotta say the interview changed my mind a little.

I LOVED what I heard and the way I heard it. Seems like a no nonsense coach who believes in FUNDAMENTALS AND EXECUTION. Wow I don't know what others didn't like but to each their own. I was hoping to just not be disappointed in what I heard. I am absolutely excited. Can't wait to see the moves in FA and the Draft and what we have to offer next year under this coach. Night and Day listening to him vs VJ. LET'S GO BRONCOS. WELCOME ABOARD VF!!!!

From what I've heard is that Fangio is not a PR guy in any sense of the description, and is rough around the edges, taking after Belichick. That's fine with me, and I'm much happier with Elway for hiring off of past successes rather than the strength of the interview.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Do your fundamentals, techniques, wear your gray pants suit and youíre a total winner.

His presser told us a lot about his plan going forward and it sounds Great. As for the other coach's, coordinator's no decision as of yet, a work in progress.

As for Case, He told us of the positives when he faced him when they played Minnesota, and said he will get him back to that. As I thought most of the problems last year was the Coaches, and just maybe they did not put the players in the best position to win. Interesting discussions moving forward If Case remains our starting QB.

Best thing that will happen is the Defense will be formidable and put fear back into the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I just hope they don't bring Clancy Barone back to coach the o-line again. He's a good TE coach, awful OL coach. He was forced to coach OL again this year in Minnesota after Sporano passed away, that o-line regressed.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's either Rick Dennison coming back to coach the o-line, or John Benton (was Kubiak's OL coach in Houston, currently in San Fran).
    I remember that we couldn't wait for Dennison to get canned at the end of 2016. Terrible play calling and horrible O line. The Bills hired him and canned him after one year. The Jets had the 29th ranked rushing game with Dennison as the OL coach. I would gladly pass on him coaching anything on our team and happily remember him as a pretty good linebacker for us.

I took a few things from today.

First, Vic has me excited for next season but Iím also realistic. He canít fix all the issues we currently have. We have roster holes that have to be addressed. On the defensive side his coaching will only be able to mask a finite amount of our holes and those holes will get exposed at times. But I do think he was the right hire and he will get this turned around.

Second, the comments made by Shelby Harris and Von stood out to me. Shelby saying the rest of the league needs to be worried is very prophetic. I do think they need to be worried about our defense. It will be vastly improved. Vonís comment saying ďCoach me coach. Coach meĒ tells me Von looks at this as a fresh start. Also in his interview saying this was the first press conference heís attended for a coaching hire tells me heís interested and taken the leadership role seriously.

Iím very excited about next season and seeing what our on field product looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    From what I've heard is that Fangio is not a PR guy in any sense of the description, and is rough around the edges, taking after Belichick. That's fine with me, and I'm much happier with Elway for hiring off of past successes rather than the strength of the interview.
    No he is not. The politics of the job most likely will not be his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by spcdlee02 View Post
    I took a few things from today.

First, Vic has me excited for next season but I’m also realistic. He can’t fix all the issues we currently have. We have roster holes that have to be addressed. On the defensive side his coaching will only be able to mask a finite amount of our holes and those holes will get exposed at times. But I do think he was the right hire and he will get this turned around.
    True, but one thing that I love about him is that he doesn't get caught up in what the team DOESN'T have. He's specifically said (in Chicago) that his sole focus is making every player that is on the team better. He doesn't spend one second thinking about who they'll draft, who they might sign, etc. He truly believes that he can coach players up, and make them better. That's a great approach, in my opinion. If the personnel improves (and it will), that's a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    No he is not. The politics of the job most likely will not be his thing.

That is pretty funny. I like him already.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    I remember that we couldn't wait for Dennison to get canned at the end of 2016. Terrible play calling and horrible O line. The Bills hired him and canned him after one year. The Jets had the 29th ranked rushing game with Dennison as the OL coach. I would gladly pass on him coaching anything on our team and happily remember him as a pretty good linebacker for us.
    The Jets issues run a lot deeper than their now former o-line coach. Their OC, Jeremy Bates, was out of the NFL for 4 seasons, spent 1 year as a QB coach and then was their OC. And it's not like he was in college either, he was unemployed as a coach.