Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I wander if they would try the whole trade back into the 1st scenario again?? I'm with you though I want them to target a QB at 10 or even trade up if they have to.
    We obviously need a QB, and I was in the draft a QB at 5 camp last year (never bought in on Case). Nothing against Chubb, but even with his standout rookie year, the team record is essentially unchanged. QB moves the needle in ways other positions don't. That said, there's a good chance we're looking at the 3rd or 4th QB off the board at 10. I'd like to see us get a top talent at a position of need. Like the #1 rated player at their position, not the #3 or 4. We should be able to get that at 10 with the position holes we have. I'd personally go for DT/NT because that 1 position can make Von and Chubb more effective and help cover for a weak secondary. We've missed interior pressure badly. OT is another obvious candidate, but I suspect the top tackle will be gone by 10. Then trade back into the first to get a QB late. There's not much separating QB3 from QB5 in my eyes, and they all will need time to develop. Get an impact player now and a QB to develop for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    His presser told us a lot about his plan going forward and it sounds Great. As for the other coach's, coordinator's no decision as of yet, a work in progress.

As for Case, He told us of the positives when he faced him when they played Minnesota, and said he will get him back to that. As I thought most of the problems last year was the Coaches, and just maybe they did not put the players in the best position to win. Interesting discussions moving forward If Case remains our starting QB.

Best thing that will happen is the Defense will be formidable and put fear back into the competition.
    I like what he said about success next season

He wants every player to get better.

When that happens the position group will get better. When that happens that side of the ball will get better (ST, Off, Def) and when that happens the team will get better.

It was his words I am using but he is a fundamentals type guy.

He seems like a real solid coach imo
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The Jets issues run a lot deeper than their now former o-line coach. Their OC, Jeremy Bates, was out of the NFL for 4 seasons, spent 1 year as a QB coach and then was their OC. And it's not like he was in college either, he was unemployed as a coach.
    The Jets did have and still have a lot of issues. I would hope that we could do better for our OL because they do need help. We'll see how it shakes out but I'm okay going with someone else.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I don't know if it was all on him as I suspect VJ got his fingers into that as well. Opening onside kick seems like a VJ decision.

There could be two things to blame for the special teams performance in 2018:
    1. His schemes and/or teaching of the schemes was poor
    2. The Broncos coaching staff (Joseph) didn't allow enough practice time for the special teams to be good

Based on how his units did in Indy I'm pretty sure that the second one is accurate. The difference between good teams and bad teams when it comes to special teams are practice time and ability to use most players. Good teams have a lot of both, bad teams don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    I don't know if it was all on him as I suspect VJ got his fingers into that as well. Opening onside kick seems like a VJ decision.

Fake kicks, and surprise onside kicks are always the HC's call. The STC can recommend it, or recommend against it, but it's the HCs call when/if they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Fake kicks, and surprise onside kicks are always the HC's call. The STC can recommend it, or recommend against it, but it's the HCs call when/if they happen.
    Totally true but I wonder if some think the ST performed poorly as a result of VJ's decisions. They did look pretty rough a few times but that could also go back to the practice time you also mentioned.

McManus had a pretty good year and the new punter did good late in the year.

And an onside kick is usually on the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    McManus had a pretty good year and the new punter did good late in the year.

And an onside kick is usually on the head coach.
    The onside kick is on the HC, but based on the success rate this year with those rule changes, it puts the ST in a tough spot right off the bat since they now have about 2% chance of it working. A ST coach shouldn't get judged for a call that wasn't his.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    True but with the worst QB core in the league would it even matter?
    So you'd rather reach on not so great quarterback prospects? Then complain in a few years when they turn in to another Paxton Lynch....

Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    So you'd rather reach on not so great quarterback prospects? Then complain in a few years when they turn in to another Paxton Lynch....
    Denver is a desperate fan base right now, and that is where a lot of people are sitting. I don't believe in drafting a quarterback just because you need one, that approach failed us in 2016 with Paxton Lynch, and it has failed countless other teams over the years. I want a new quarterback as much as anyone else, but I am not willing to throw away the 10th overall pick on a guy who isn't worthy of it.

Yeah I hope we can get a QB as good as SB champs Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson or Joe Flacco.
    And the corpse of Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Between Grier, Lock, Jones, Haskins, and Murray I see 5 good QB prospects, some I would even consider "very good". None of them look like Paxton on tape and from what I've seen in interviews they aren't made up like him mentally either.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Denver is a desperate fan base right now, and that is where a lot of people are sitting. I don't believe in drafting a quarterback just because you need one, that approach failed us in 2016 with Paxton Lynch, and it has failed countless other teams over the years. I want a new quarterback as much as anyone else, but I am not willing to throw away the 10th overall pick on a guy who isn't worthy of it.
    I agree completely. It just so happens this draft has several worthy of the 10th pick.