Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 332
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I agree completely. It just so happens this draft has several worthy of the 10th pick.
    In desperate Broncos fans opinions yes, not so much amongst the broader community though, which isn't a good sign. You never know though, one guy could emerge and the masses who all say this quarterback class is weak may be proven wrong, we will see I guess.

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,497
    Im quite excited for this guy! Welcome Vic!!!

    Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

    Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!




  3. #258
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by VonElway758 View Post
    Hes definitely a player-friendly coach but right now hes gonna have to make lemonade out of some badly bruised lemons.
    I don't think so.

    Kubes runs a tight ship and demands a lot of his players. I've never heard him described as a "player's coach" which for me is code for "doesn't hold players accountable."

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,018
    Also very impressed with Elway's opening comments in the presser.

    He's looking for the right things in a great coach: fundamentals, accountability, technique, teaching.

    Substance over flash.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,429


    Hahahahaha I couldnt resist
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-11-2019 at 01:54 AM.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,026
    A month ago, all we wanted was a young, innovative, offense-minded coach.

    We ended up with the exact opposite. The off-season Kool Aid is always strong in Broncos Country!

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,373
    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    A month ago, all we wanted was a young, innovative, offense-minded coach.

    We ended up with the exact opposite. The off-season Kool Aid is always strong in Broncos Country!
    Not true, a lot of people wanted that stabilising presence of a veteran coach in Denver. I know that is what I wanted after despising both of our last 2 "young" hires. I more wanted a veteran head coach, and was disappointed Munchak didn't get the job, but Fangio fits the criteria, and I think it's hard not to be impressed with everything you hear about the guy.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,427
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Not true, a lot of people wanted that stabilising presence of a veteran coach in Denver. I know that is what I wanted after despising both of our last 2 "young" hires. I more wanted a veteran head coach, and was disappointed Munchak didn't get the job, but Fangio fits the criteria, and I think it's hard not to be impressed with everything you hear about the guy.
    Yeah, put me at the top of that list. As for this hire, I am on the fence. But, I was not impressed with any of the candidates anyways. I will with hold any judgements of Coach Vic until we see how the first 8 regular seasons games go. Maybe the first 4....lol.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    In desperate Broncos fans opinions yes, not so much amongst the broader community though, which isn't a good sign. You never know though, one guy could emerge and the masses who all say this quarterback class is weak may be proven wrong, we will see I guess.
    Agreed - it is kind of funny to look at the last 22 QBs taken in the first round, and look at what they have actually achieved.
    Who would think from achievement that Sam Bradford was the 2nd best QB (1st round) selected in the last 8 years, and that Paxton Lynch was a better prospect than Patrick Mahomes?
    https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...-colts-2012-28

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,192
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Agreed - it is kind of funny to look at the last 22 QBs taken in the first round, and look at what they have actually achieved.
    Who would think from achievement that Sam Bradford was the 2nd best QB (1st round) selected in the last 8 years, and that Paxton Lynch was a better prospect than Patrick Mahomes?
    https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...-colts-2012-28
    All that being said, you still don't stop trying until you find that guy right?


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    132
    He hired another yes man. Elway is becoming Jerruh Jones right before our eyes.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,619
    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    A month ago, all we wanted was a young, innovative, offense-minded coach.

    We ended up with the exact opposite. The off-season Kool Aid is always strong in Broncos Country!
    Meh, I just wanted someone other than Vance.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,398
    Just finished watching Vic Fangio's introduction and press conference. I didn't know coaches like him still existed. He is an old school disciplinarian who concentrates on fundamental football skills with an emphasis on execution. Just what the doctor ordered IMO.

    One journalist asked about "death by inches". Fangio gave an example of being late to meetings. Too bad the journalist who asked the question didn't follow up by asking for examples of "reminders". Like some great coaches, he started at the HS level.

    The Broncos have some talent. If that talent is coached and developed and combined with discipline, good things will happen. In order for that to happen all players and coaches must buy in. Time to step up.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,619
    Quote Originally Posted by biggbenns View Post
    He hired another yes man. Elway is becoming Jerruh Jones right before our eyes.
    What makes you think he's a yes man?

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,878
    The Fangio hire, in a few ways, is like John Fox all over again.

    During the 2 years before each hire, the team was coached by a young and first time HC that embarrassed the team with back to back failed season. Elway, wanting to right the ship, goes out and hires an older, defensive minded, and league wide well respected guy for HC. Each HC in their first year will have what was considered the best edge rusher drafted and first edge rush drafted in their respective drafts (Von 2011 and Chubb 2018).

    I think thats about where the similarities end but will also add that Fangio was Fox's DC during Fox's entire time coaching the Bears.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •