Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    And, just where did Kubiak develop this new found offensive genius? I'm not saying he's incompetent. John Fox was competent. Kubiak is an experienced coach and he certainly is popular in Denver and with Elway, but he doesn't appear to me as the new, innovative, offensive mind which is going to get our offense to the next level. I hope I'm wrong and the offense will be great

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    And, just where did Kubiak develop this new found offensive genius? I'm not saying he's incompetent. John Fox was competent. Kubiak is an experienced coach and he certainly is popular in Denver and with Elway, but he doesn't appear to me as the new, innovative, offensive mind which is going to get our offense to the next level. I hope I'm wrong and the offense will be great
    You're asking the wrong person. I just want a winning season.

IMO it canít get worse. Yet, Iíve been wrong before.

Kubiak's always been a much better OC (DEN/BAL) than HC (HOU/DEN) I'm just hoping he's been spending a lot of time watching film, taking notes and modernizing his playbook.

Hopefully he's been at Shanny's during his film breakdown sessions that Mark Schlereth raves about along with picking Kyle's brain for more modern concepts/ideas.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

One thing I heard yesterday that I will try to adopt as my mantra this upcoming season is that Fangio might be able to help bring the division back to our level. It was said (and rightfully so) that Keenum will NEVER be able to play like Mahomes or Carr or Rivers. But maybe Fangio can improve the defense enough to make those guys play more like Keenum. So, I am going to hope that that is the case. We won't be scoring 30, and hopefully they won't be scoring 30 either.

Does this mean Kubiak will not be as involved in scouting? I can't help but think he won't have enough time for bot OC and personnel. We need some consistently better drafting. I'm nervous we go back to the "pre 2017" draft strategy, otherwise known as throwing a bunch of valuable picks in the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    Does this mean Kubiak will not be as involved in scouting? I can't help but think he won't have enough time for bot OC and personnel. We need some consistently better drafting. I'm nervous we go back to the "pre 2017" draft strategy, otherwise known as throwing a bunch of valuable picks in the garbage.
    Scouting for the Draft, Free Agency and Trades is mostly off season. Scouting for a weekly game plan is in. Kubiak should still be able to help with the former in the offseason, and concentrate on the latter during the season.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

So tired of this narrative that you need some young wunderkind to be a successful offense. Kubiak is one of the best in the business when it comes to being an offensive coordinator and he has had success in that role in different decades and with different teams and personnel. Kubiak knows football and we should be ecstatic that he will be running the offense this year as well as give guidance to a first time head coach.

It's much easier to be new and innovative when you have a good QB, it's no coincidence that the best offenses this year, the ones that are "so creative", have the best QBs.

If we can find at least a decent QB, the offense will improve. If we keep trying to make it work with guys like Siemian and Keenum, expect more bad, boring, offense.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Scouting for the Draft, Free Agency and Trades is mostly off season. Scouting for a weekly game plan is in. Kubiak should still be able to help with the former in the offseason, and concentrate on the latter during the season.
    I sure hope that's the case!!

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    I honestly wanted Munchak, but we'll see I guess.
    Same here. I think old school big and deep offensive line would make Denver the nightmare from hell. But I will not grouse about change because I really don't know what either coach would do.

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    Kubs likes Keenum, likes that boot out. My guess is they draft a QB and play Keenum this year.
    Kubiak and Keenum are made for each other. I would prefer them to work for the chiefs. That Houston run and gun offense is a recipe for passes being caught behind the line of scrimmage which in the NFL will soon get you 8 defenders in the box and there goes your running game.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    So tired of this narrative that you need some young wunderkind to be a successful offense. Kubiak is one of the best in the business when it comes to being an offensive coordinator and he has had success in that role in different decades and with different teams and personnel. Kubiak knows football and we should be ecstatic that he will be running the offense this year as well as give guidance to a first time head coach.
    Agreed.

Kubiak is a football nerd, spends hours a day studying film, scouts pro and college levels for personnel deeply... and as you've hit the nail on the head will "give guidance to a FIRST TIME HEAD COACH".

This benefit Kubiak brings to the coaching staff cannot be understated in these discussions. With Vic being in his first HC job, having a young unknown "wonderkid" running the offense is NOT what I would want.

If Elway wanted a young "wonderkid" running the offense Munchak would be having a press conference today in Denver.

-GB2

Wow, I'm watching the Fangio press conference. Fortunately I don't care about press conferences because Vic seems like a dolt. Sorry to be so superficial but this guy is a poor public speaker. OK, who cares, I don't. Lets see what he puts onto the field. Go Broncos