Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Just finished watching Vic Fangio's introduction and press conference. I didn't know coaches like him still existed. He is an old school disciplinarian who concentrates on fundamental football skills with an emphasis on execution. Just what the doctor ordered IMO.

One journalist asked about "death by inches". Fangio gave an example of being late to meetings. Too bad the journalist who asked the question didn't follow up by asking for examples of "reminders". Like some great coaches, he started at the HS level.

The Broncos have some talent. If that talent is coached and developed and combined with discipline, good things will happen. In order for that to happen all players and coaches must buy in. Time to step up.
    Another point on discipline I appreciated hearing was that his unit in Chicago was one of the least penalized in the League last year. Cutting penalties down helps to edge close games, and that bodes well for our Broncos. I think this man will make sure our team shows up very prepared and focused.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I also liked how he answered the ďdreamĒ job question. In that he had wanted to be a HC but didnít have to be unless it was a good fit.

Great answer. Iím so excited that heís our coach. Also loved his answer about balance being more than just run/pass.
    My thoughts as well. He seems to enjoy teaching more than being a world famous coach. That pleases me to no end

I like that he is old school and will start by focusing on fundamentals and discipline.
    I hope to hear more about the details and fundamentals and a whole lot less about wed practices. Sounds like we might see improvement in both lines.

This might be hard on some players adjusting after VJ , but imo it sounds like what we need. And Hell yeah to less penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I like that he is old school and will start by focusing on fundamentals and discipline.
    I hope to hear more about the details and fundamentals and a whole lot less about wed practices. Sounds like we might see improvement in both lines.

This might be hard on some players adjusting after VJ , but imo it sounds like what we need. And Hell yeah to less penalties.
    In addition, I like that there's no talk of being a 'leader of men". If you have to SAY you're a leader, you aren't. You demonstrate your abilities by doing, not saying.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post

Amen! Less penalties, toe the mark, "Yes sir, No sir". Get this train wreck back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Meh, I just wanted someone other than Vance.
    Ditto.

I liked that press conference. I think we're in good hands

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I liked that press conference. I think we're in good hands
    As I said earlier, I am going to withhold any judgements until at least the first 4 games. He isn't VJ so that alone makes me happy. Lol

Fangio doesn't exactly have polished PR skills and he's not terribly articulate, but we didn't hire him to be a salesman or gameshow host and I expected this after Woody Paige described him as a generally quiet, introspective guy. The content was more impressive than the delivery, and at least he has an established ability to reach his men --that's the most important thing. He came across with a very wise, down-to-earth, orderly "nuts&bolts" mentality which is what we need to get this team back on track after two years of chaos.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Fangio doesn't exactly have polished PR skills and he's not terribly articulate, but we didn't hire him to be a salesman or gameshow host and I expected this after Woody Paige described him as a generally quiet, introspective guy. The content was more impressive than the delivery, and at least he has an established ability to reach his men --that's the most important thing. He came across with a very wise, down-to-earth, orderly "nuts&bolts" mentality which is what we need to get this team back on track after two years of chaos.
    No, politics is not his thing. 😆 😆
    I think you are right, he is a nuts and bolts kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    A month ago, all we wanted was a young, innovative, offense-minded coach.

We ended up with the exact opposite. The off-season Kool Aid is always strong in Broncos Country!
    Rather then inaccurately labeling all Broncos Country in a single brush, understand that a month ago opinions on who each Bronco fan wanted and didn't want to be the next HC varied across the spectrum of candidates.

Do not stereotype a forum population in a failed attempt to belittle an entire fan base as "kool aid drinkers". I for one wanted Vic from the start of the process and that opinion renders your take pure hyperbole.

-GB2

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    He may not be a PR guy but I like how he seemed to understand things were not as simple as people try to make out.

In the interview he seemed to understand the big picture is his job but it all comes together by ensuring the small things get done.

His words on discipline, death by inches as well as his coaching history just really seemed to hit me as things that our team really need right now

I wonder if he would even be mentioned for HC if they didn't get mack????

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    His history as a great D coordinater is cemented with or without Mack. He without a doubt would have been a candidate, Mack certainly helped though LOL

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Mack is so overrated. The dude is good but in all reality Chubb is close to his level and he is only a rookie. Mack isnt Von, and yes Fangio would be HC consideration from someone even if Mack wasn't in Chicago.