Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Am I the only one wondering if Von feels a little slighted but the comment Von can be a great player like Mack.

I think its the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Am I the only one wondering if Von feels a little slighted but the comment “Von can be a great player like Mack.”

I think it’s the other way around.
    Fangio actually said that?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Am I the only one wondering if Von feels a little slighted but the comment Von can be a great player like Mack.

I think its the other way around.
    Fangio said, I think Von Miller can play even better than hes played in his career. Von Miller can be one of the rare players in this league. Much like Khalil is.

Sounds like Fangios way of challenging Von to elevate his play. Von needs to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Fangio actually said that?
    not that I heard, he did say he thinks Von can play ever better then he ever has which i think everyone would agree Von has untapped potential. If Von is truly a great player he would also agree as the great ones keep being great because they know they can always improve. If Von gets petty and upset over that comment then his demise is eminent, "Pride goeth before a fall".

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Fangio said, “I think Von Miller can play even better than he’s played in his career. Von Miller can be one of the rare players in this league. Much like Khalil is.”

Sounds like Fangio’s way of challenging Von to elevate his play. Von needs to play better.
    Maybe Miller can play better. However, he's already one of the "rare" players in this league. He just had one of his best seasons ever. 3 more good seasons will put him in the same company as Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas in terms of sacks.

Mack is clearly a more dominant defensive player than Von at this stage in their careers, although Mack has been missing games with injuries. I mean Von is just a pure speed rusher who's guessing the snap count and getting sloppy with all the offsides penalties. Mack can just bull rush his way to get sacks.

I took it as a compliment, and a challenge when I heard that comment,, nothing more,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Not saying Fangio is not qualified, but I don't get the hire. In an era whereby the NFL is turning towards the offense, the Broncos are going old school defense. Once again, they will have one of the worst offenses in the league. No matter how good on D they are, it wont matter because this is not 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Mack is clearly a more dominant defensive player than Von at this stage in their careers, although Mack has been missing games with injuries. I mean Von is just a pure speed rusher who's guessing the snap count and getting sloppy with all the offsides penalties. Mack can just bull rush his way to get sacks.
    I disagree that's he clearly more dominant. If he's better, it's by a small margin. Besides, Miller had more sacks than Mack this year.

Not saying Fangio is not qualified, but I don't get the hire. In an era whereby the NFL is turning towards the offense, the Broncos are going old school defense. Once again, they will have one of the worst offenses in the league. No matter how good on D they are, it wont matter because this is not 1985.
    Defense is dominating the post season, we will see how our offense is next season but I have high Hope's with talent like Lindsay and Sutton ready to take over. This team has to have a dominant defense with Mahomes in the division.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I see it that way too. I see Chubb as more similar to Mack with his power rushes. A speed rusher on one side and a bull on the other. Fangio could take these two to an unprecedented level, if they're willing.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I disagree that's he clearly more dominant. If he's better, it's by a small margin. Besides, Miller had more sacks than Mack this year.
    I don't base it purely by sacks, let's compare wins and losses when determining value

I don't base it purely by sacks, let's compare wins and losses when determining value
    How about championships??? Or superbowl mvp's???

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

That is the most useless way to compare two individual defensive players lol.

How about we talk about individual post season success? Did Mack even register a tackle? Miller practically carried us in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Defense is dominating the post season, we will see how our offense is next season but I have high Hope's with talent like Lindsay and Sutton ready to take over. This team has to have a dominant defense with Mahomes in the division.
    Not trying to diss Sutton, but can we really hang our hat on him? I don't think so and if Sanders leaves, we probably have the worst receiving corps in the NFL, to go with a below average o-line and a below average QB. Again in the offensive era that is today's NFL, the best you can do imo is 8-8 if things break your way.