Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Ohhhhhh Yaaaaaaaaa!!! Party Time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I agree with you on that. And who knows how well Fangio will do? But if fans aren't bothered by the fact that this entire search and now hire has been centered around Kubiak, then I don't feel you're really assessing the situation objectively.
    Your being bothered is somehow "objective"?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Well...

Better than nothing, I think.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Your being bothered is somehow "objective"?

Oh I think it's a massive mistake and has failure written all over it. I don't mind the hire by itself but I definitely has a problem with the process.

Overall I'm happy with the hire, it'll be atleast week 7 before people around here start calling for his job

Oh I think it's a massive mistake and has failure written all over it. I don't mind the hire by itself but I definitely has a problem with the process.
    Perhaps, but fans here are operating with a double standard. Wade should have been kept and forced upon VJ, but Kubes as part of the condition here -which I'm alive certain was made crystal clear in the interview- is now a big problem?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Perhaps, but fans here are operating with double standards. Wade should have been kept and forced upon VJ, but Kubes as part of the condition here -which I'm alive certain was made crystal clear in the interview- is now a big problem?
    I don't believe a coach should have any coordinator forced upon him, and I don't believe an entire head coaching search should be based on what's best for the coordinator.

But having said that Wade's defense was infinitely more successful than Kubiak's offense, so I think it's an apples and oranges comparison.

Not everyone will be happy about this hire. I get it... I wasn't happy about Joseph when he was hired because of the character issues that were associated with him. It really concerned me... turns out Joseph's issues as a HC had nothing to do with his past and way more about how clueless he was. Anyway... let's just hope this is the right move. I had no personal preference, I was just relieved to have VJ gone.

I set aside my personal concerns and supported Joseph until it seemed clear things were turning into a train wreck. I will certainly do the same with VF. For Denver to be successful the HC needs to be successful. I think we are all ready as fans for our team to have stability and success!

It does seem clear that Kubiak is who the Broncos really want but, with his health issues he wasn't able to take the reigns anymore. This seems like a compromise to have Kubiak a huge part of things without having all the responsibility and stress associated with being the HC. Hopefully Vic won't have an issue with that and it won't cause any turmoil in the future. VF is getting his shot to be a HC after all these years and my guess is he is just really excited to have this opportunity.
    Last edited by KansasKrista; 01-09-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You know this how?
    Kubs likes Keenum, likes that boot out. My guess is they draft a QB and play Keenum this year.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Love it. OF the guys Elway interviewed I like him far and away the best.

He has been a very good DC everywhere he has been.

I would argue that Denver has more Elite pieces on D than Chicago so I would expect better results here.

I think we need to prepare ourselves for another defensive draft. I could be mistaken but I believe Fangio relies heavily on fast mobile linebackers (Danny T) and I am sure that Elway is going to want to get his new HC what he needs to keep the D dominant. We also spent a ton of capital last year on Offense (Hamilton, Freeman, Sutton).

I am pretty excited for this. Are we sure Kubes is gonna be OC? I don't hate it, but would have at least liked to kick the tires on some more innovative guys.
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

This Hire is the Right 1 !!

I don't believe a coach should have any coordinator forced upon him, and I don't believe an entire head coaching search should be based on what's best for the coordinator.

But having said that Wade's defense was infinitely more successful than Kubiak's offense, so I think it's an apples and oranges comparison.
    Elway has to be the micromanager at the end of the day, and that will be our downfall sadly. But hey, got to hope it works out of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post

I would argue that Denver has more Elite pieces on D than Chicago so I would expect better results here.

I think we need to prepare ourselves for another defensive draft. I could be mistaken but I believe Fangio relies heavily on fast mobile linebackers (Danny T) and I am sure that Elway is going to want to get his new HC what he needs to keep the D dominant. We also spent a ton of capital last year on Offense (Hamilton, Freeman, Sutton).

I am pretty excited for this. Are we sure Kubes is gonna be OC? I don't hate it, but would have at least liked to kick the tires on some more innovative guys.
    Schefter and Paige are reporting that Kubiak will be running the offense and calling plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post

Agree just concerend that he hasn't coached before, but doesn't make it a prerequisite. Rumor is he will be OC or something similar (role title may be different).