Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    Kubs likes Keenum, likes that boot out. My guess is they draft a QB and play Keenum this year.
    Also don't forget that Kubiak was advocating for the Broncos to trade for Keenum to replace Peyton Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I agree with you on that. And who knows how well Fangio will do? But if fans aren't bothered by the fact that this entire search and now hire has been centered around Kubiak, then I don't feel you're really assessing the situation objectively.
    Well theres been recent reports lately he may not even be OC, just involved in the coaching staff.

And there's alot less on his plate when hes just OC and not HC, doing everything else.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Well theres been recent reports lately he may not even be OC, just involved in the coaching staff.

And there's alot less on his plate when hes just OC and not HC, doing everything else.
    I have read that as well. I think thats more realistic given his health concerns. I can see him sort of overseeing the offensive side and taking an up and comer under his wing to do the day to day stuff.
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    According to Woody Paige, Kubiak will be the Asst HC and OC.
    Good, I'm excited about the combo of Kubiak and Fangio. People act like this was forced on Vic......you do realize he could of said no??? Munchak and Vic both wanted this job for a reason and I think Gary was apart of that

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Also don't forget that Kubiak was advocating for the Broncos to trade for Keenum to replace Peyton Manning.

Any thoughts on who they draft. Elway has visited at least 4 games of Drew Lock (rocket arm, tall LOL) so that is my guess....
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Good, I'm excited about the combo of Kubiak and Fangio. People act like this was forced on Vic......you do realize he could of said no??? Munchak and Vic both wanted this job for a reason and I think Gary was apart of that
    Two words: legal weed. LOL (just kidding)
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

I don't believe a coach should have any coordinator forced upon him, and I don't believe an entire head coaching search should be based on what's best for the coordinator.

But having said that Wade's defense was infinitely more successful than Kubiak's offense, so I think it's an apples and oranges comparison.
    No it isn't, it's cherry picking still with a double standard.

Kubiak wasn't OC, Rick Dennison was which is one reason it had some issues, especially when the scripted plays were done and it was time to adjust to what their defense was doing. Kubiak's offenses in Denver under Shanahan and in Baltimore under Harbaugh were good.

As for the search, it's clear that the F.O. is concerned about fixing the perennial OL issues which is why they considered an expert like Muchak who btw does NOT run Kube's system. So much for that!

As for Fangio, with the roster we have, they determined that we are closer to competing again through a top-tier defense than through offense. Considering how hard it is to find a great or even good QB these days, and that the choices for filling that void are bleak this year in particular, this is an expedient choice...especially when we have to face KC twice a year. Can we outshoot Mahomes? No, we just have to focus on stopping him directly. We were close to doing so this season even with VJ/Woods and a couple holes on the team -they scored their least against us.
    Last edited by L.M.; 01-09-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Schefter and Paige are reporting that Kubiak will be running the offense and calling plays.
    Klis and Lombardi are reporting differently.

klis said they want a young OC hopefully that's true like a zac taylor im hoping for

It's already been reported that Kubiak will be assistant head coach and running the offense.

It's already been reported that Kubiak will be assistant head coach and running the offense.
    Thats speculation. I'd imagine he'll be involved in the offense in some way, but until we see the rest of the staff, that is yet to be determined.

This is from Klis.

Ideally, Vic Fangio and John Elway would like a young coach to become offensive coordinator with Gary Kubiak serving in a broader offensive role. Kubiak resigned as head coach for health reasons two years ago. OC still to be determined. #9sports

This is from Lombardi.

There’s no guarantee Kubiak will fill the OC role. He will be involved in some offensive coaching capacity, but it may not be OC.

As for Fangio, all I keep hearing: straight shooter. great communicator. will build a great staff
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 01-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Thats speculation.

This is from Klis.

Ideally, Vic Fangio and John Elway would like a young coach to become offensive coordinator with Gary Kubiak serving in a broader offensive role. Kubiak resigned as head coach for health reasons two years ago. OC still to be determined. #9sports

This is from Lombardi.

There’s no guarantee Kubiak will fill the OC role. He will be involved in some offensive coaching capacity, but it may not be OC.

As for Fangio, all I keep hearing: straight shooter. great communicator. will build a great staff
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-coordinator/

So some are reporting it as fact.

I am really happy with this Hire. Now this hire is a make or break for Elway. I really hope it works out !!!

Some are yes, but again, OC not gonna matter until they upgrade the QB. While Keenum will probably be the starter, he'll be on a very tight leash assuming they draft someone.