• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerontion
    Playmaker
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    They gave up a touchdown after committing 3 major penalties, the first of which prevented the Bears from getting the ball back.

They then gave up a 60 yard scoring drive in short order that gave the Eagles the lead.

That’s not to say Fangio is to blame, but the defense does get much of the blame for that loss.

Fangio’s body of work is what makes him a good hire.
    They only gave up 16 points. The Bears offense, which averaged 26 points in the regular season, only scored 15. And the special teams allowed the potential game winning FG to be tipped.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
      Captain
      • Aug 2008

Fangio may make us a more appealing destination for defensive FAs, especially those from CHI.

Adrian Amos and CJ Mosley would be neat.

Comment

• 16TheSnake
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        I agree with you on that. And who knows how well Fangio will do? But if fans aren't bothered by the fact that this entire search and now hire has been centered around Kubiak, then I don't feel you're really assessing the situation objectively.
        Why?

What is wrong with Kubiak?

Kubiak, like Elway, were empowered to help fix this team; Kubiak's heavily influenced draft last years was a breathe of fresh air. Kubiak is a Shanahan disciple and just got paired with one of the best, most successful DCs in NFL history.

I am grateful John Elway was humble enough to allow Kubiak to help influence this coaching search and the post VJ Broncos staff hierarchy. I actually might trust Kubiak's decision making abilities better than Elway's currently.

Kubiak was part of 3 SB teams as a player for the Broncos, and was part of 3 SB victories as a coach for the Broncos. With Kubiak running the offence and Fangio running the Defense we have two of the best historical coordinators in charge of their respective sides of the ball.

-GB2

Comment

• 16TheSnake
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          I don't believe a coach should have any coordinator forced upon him, and I don't believe an entire head coaching search should be based on what's best for the coordinator.

But having said that Wade's defense was infinitely more successful than Kubiak's offense, so I think it's an apples and oranges comparison.
          It is easier to be "more successful" with 5+ pro bowlers including perhaps the GOAT as a pass rusher vs an OL in shambles and 1 footed QB

Talent and player personnel tell the reasoning behind the success level discrepancy much more then the respective coaches IMO

- GB2

Comment

• 3 amigos
            Practice Squad
            • Oct 2011

Do we know than Vic didn’t want kubiac as OC. Do we know Vic didn’t ask if Kubiac would be interested in staying on to help with his transition into a position he has never held. Do we know Vic wasn’t in favor of Kubiac as OC.

If Kubiac is OC I bet Case is a better QB next year. He knows what Case is and isn’t good at. He knows what Case needs to work on.

Comment

• broncolee
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by 3 amigos View Post
              Do we know than Vic didn’t want kubiac as OC. Do we know Vic didn’t ask if Kubiac would be interested in staying on to help with his transition into a position he has never held. Do we know Vic wasn’t in favor of Kubiac as OC.

If Kubiac is OC I bet Case is a better QB next year. He knows what Case is and isn’t good at. He knows what Case needs to work on.
              Who the hell is Kubiac?
              Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                Captain
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 3 amigos View Post

Case needs to work on everything. Last time he was in Kubiak's offense: less than 55% compleion, 6 INTs, 6 fumbles in 8 games.

Case will likely look as he always has in his 8 year career, below average at best.

Comment

• Socnorb11
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Sep 2009

Kubiak won a Super Bowl with a bad QB and a great defense. That's essentially what the Broncos' team is positioned to be right now. How is that awful?

Comment

• L.M.
                    Vitalstatistix
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    Case needs to work on everything. Last time he was in Kubiak's offense: less than 55% compleion, 6 INTs, 6 fumbles in 8 games.

Case will likely look as he always has in his 8 year career, below average at best.
                    Rookie year, Rick Dennison at OC. He's capable of the Minnesota numbers with a better OC.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Bronkko
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jan 2019

Last edited by Bronkko; 01-09-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                        team preacher
                        • Mar 2008

Woody is high if he thinks Lock will be available at 10.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• johnlimburg
                          Ring of Famer
                          • Sep 2009

Munchak had a history of refusing to follow managements instruction on hiring and firing his coaching staff, and I wonder if him not being hired had anything to do with Elway seemingly insisting Kubiak be the offensive coordinator ? I hope not, and I hope Fangio isn't another yes man hire for Elway, I have my concerns but I will hold judgement to after I hear Fangio speak. I hope this signals a switch to a 4-3 defense though, that is the only positive I see in this right now.

Comment

• #87Birdman
                            The MOD Who Laughs
                            • Apr 2011

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

• Houshmazode
                              The Mountaineer
                              • Sep 2006

What I find amazing is that Fangio accepted the offer after talking to John Fox to see how it was to work with Elway.

Sounds like Fangio was our #1 option.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                                Captain
                                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                                Woody is high if he thinks Lock will be available at 10.
                                I see Dwayne Haskins and Daniel Jones as better players. If we are the third team to pick a QB Lock may easily be available for us. But since I personally don't see much in Lock, I hope someone else takes him. IDs much rather have Grier if we can't get Haskins or Jones.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X