Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Why run a 4-3 when our personnel is built for a 3-4, Von and Chubb excell in this scheme and all that we're lacking is another Trevathan type ILB

Quote Originally Posted by since 86 View Post
    Why run a 4-3 when our personnel is built for a 3-4, Von and Chubb excell in this scheme and all that we're lacking is another Trevathan type ILB
    plus a couple of CBs

I'm happy with the coaching hire. Now it's time for Elway to go spend some money in free agency, and upgrade this roster and then somehow, some way find a QB..... Haskins, Foles, just get it done John!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Well one cb and a headhunter safety but i really think Cravens is better than advertise, but i think if we can get a fast ILB that can crush TE's, that would help what we're lacking in the secondary tremendously. What say u?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    plus a couple of CBs
    You donít think Yiadom can be a solid #2?

Well one cb and a headhunter safety but i really think Cravens is better than advertise, but i think if we can get a fast ILB that can crush TE's, that would help what we're lacking in the secondary tremendously. What say u?
    Do we really need all that much on the defensive side of the ball?

We need a big time CB opposite Chris Harris without breaking the bank, which should be very possible if Darien Stewart is relieved of his duties. Also we should have a very solid nickel corner in Isaac Yiadom.

Safety: Will Parks will blossom into a stud and impose his will as that intimidating big hitter in the secondary and If Cravens can stay healthy heíll contribute greatly with a solid back up in Simmons.

ILB: We need to make a serious run at CJ Mosley to replace what we lost 3 years ago in Danny T which should be affordable if Marshal takes a pay cut or doesnít resign.

The D-Line: Miller, Chubb, Harris, Gotsis all seem very good together and perhaps Denver could bring Malik Jackson back assuming Jax releases him as they are expected to do. However we may have to part with Derek Wolfe to do so but Iím thinking Denver may not have a choice there either way.

Our defense was pretty good last year but it can be better, a lot better this year if the right moves are made.

I donít mean to put out Derek Wolfe, Brandon Marshall, or Darian Stewart but I think in order to sign a big-time corner, a great ILB CJ Mosley and another superstar penetrator on the D line we would have to do just that.

They're actually fairly well suited for a 4-3 defense, Miller as the weak side end, Chubb as the strong side end. Not that it matter too much, most of the game now is spent in sub packages and almost every NFL teams goes with 4 linemen in their nickel and dime packages.

I do not think h his top tier but fangio knows him well and that is byrce Callahan from the bears he is a FA

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    I do not think h his top tier but fangio knows him well and that is byrce Callahan from the bears he is a FA
    That will be an intriguing scenario however weíll have to be sure that his broken foot will be fully healed by training camp. I hate it when denver has high hopes for a newly signed free agent and then that free agent goes on IR!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    That will be an intriguing scenario however we’ll have to be sure that his broken foot will be fully healed by training camp. I hate it when denver has high hopes for a newly signed free agent and then that free agent goes on IR!
    No we won't.

Grady Jarrett
    Jordan Hicks
    Landon Collins

Is just what the doctor ordered for our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You don’t think Yiadom can be a solid #2?
    first off....long time no see

2nd....not yet. Maybe, but he has a long ways to go. I am unsure if Harris can be a #1.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    first off....long time no see

2nd....not yet. Maybe, but he has a long ways to go. I am unsure if Harris can be a #1.
    Good to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by thescienceguy View Post
    apparently Vic runs a lot of zone, so that'll be a big change. maybe this will help Roby?
    All teams run a lot of zone, especially on running downs. Even what looks like press usually turns into some form of zone. Sure there are teams who put their corners into one on one more often because they want to blitz, but that's about the only time. Fans who think we need to play man on man across the board are living in the 60s. Usually teams with strong d lines can run press coverage and Fangio, I think, would prefer that if he has the corners, D Line and Inside LBs to get it done.
    What I've seen of the Bears this year is encouraging. The genius of his game plans and defensive calls is how he manipulates and confuses the QBs on who is over the top on which receivers. He uses his D Linemen, LBs and safeties in really creative coverages and it seems to be very effective at stopping tight ends and running backs. Just watch what he does with the LBs and nickel/dime corners. If I'm the opposing QB, I don't know how they know who is actually going to be short and over the top on my tight end.

I'm fine with the Fangio hire on keeping our D strong, but I don't think D is our problem.

I will just be happy to stop seeing Miller and Chubb drop into coverage so much..... seemed like Woods had them doing that a lot, more so in the beginning of the year.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."